5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok, i need a little help here.

I downloaded RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA, and i needed to recalibrate my White with my new DS Lite. Then, i tried to RNG breed a flawless shiny Technician Shroomish on it, with an english female Breloom and an Italian male Breloom. So i checked the International parents box, put the IVs on the correct order, and generated a seed with the result i wanted. I checked the time and the seed twice, and i should get a 31/31/31/30/31/31 shroomish on frame 62, but instead i'm getting a 19/31/29/31/31/31 shiny shroomish, which happens to be this exact frame. The male Breloom is holding the Everstone, and this is my setup:

So, what exactly i'm doing wrong? ._. I used to RNG on my old DS Lite without problems, so i really don't know what could be the cause :x

EDIT: The link for the parents:

Female
Male

... I'm trying to catch a shiny, physical-perfect Growlithe on my copy of Black 2 (official, not a flash cart)....

Additional info if that helps:
Version: 9.965 Beta
DS Lite, MAC address 001EA9DF0085
Seed: 8A9FA0A4A418B18C (target PIDRNG frame 239, leading with female Cute Charm Minccino)
Well, I finally managed to hit my target frame... and got a Growlithe of the right nature, gender, ability, and IVs. But he wasn't shiny.

Looking back at what I'd had set up in RNG Reporter, it seems that I had the wrong version of Cute Charm selected (I had Female Lead, 25% M Target instead of Female Lead, 75% M target). When I selected what was apparently the appropriate version, the frame no longer showed as shiny. So apparently I picked a seed where it was impossible to get what I was looking for.

Slow claps for Kino. Back to the drawing board.

But if someone could clear it up for me: DOES it matter what the gender ratio of the Cute Charm lead is? I had been under the impression, when I first got this seed in Time Finder, that I needed a female with Cute Charm that was of the opposite gender ratio as my target...

And another question, while I'm at it.

Before I finally hit my target and discovered my error, I was Sweet-Scenting upon first accessing the menu in-game to figure out about where my PID frame would be, what with the WNPCs in the area. I ended up catching a level 12 Magnemite (encounter slot 7, if I remember correctly). From what I could tell, it had the target IVs, but it was Mild and had ability 1. This slot/nature/ability combination shows up nowhere in RNG's PID spreads for this seed - when Cute Charm is selected as the lead. When Synchronize or Suction Cups are selected, though, the spread shows one result matching what I got on frame 77. This same frame changes to Naughty with any version of Cute Charm selected.

I'm figuring this doesn't have anything to do with my Growlithe not being shiny; still, I'm wondering if this is an error on RNG Reporter's part. Could someone confirm either way, or explain what the deal with it is?

Ok, i need a little help here.

I downloaded RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA, and i needed to recalibrate my White with my new DS Lite. Then, i tried to RNG breed a flawless shiny Technician Shroomish on it, with an english female Breloom and an Italian male Breloom. So i checked the International parents box, put the IVs on the correct order, and generated a seed with the result i wanted. I checked the time and the seed twice, and i should get a 31/31/31/30/31/31 shroomish on frame 62, but instead i'm getting a 19/31/29/31/31/31 shiny shroomish, which happens to be this exact frame. The male Breloom is holding the Everstone, and this is my setup:

So, what exactly i'm doing wrong? ._. I used to RNG on my old DS Lite without problems, so i really don't know what could be the cause :x

EDIT: The link for the parents:

Female
Male
Did you check the PID frames adjacent to 62? Shiny frames for breeding tend to come in clusters, especially with international parents, so it's quite possible to hit a shiny frame and still not have the right IVs.

Did you check the PID frames adjacent to 62? Shiny frames for breeding tend to come in clusters, especially with international parents, so it's quite possible to hit a shiny frame and still not have the right IVs.

Yeah i did, and they didn't have those IVs, nor the combination of Hidden Ability/Nature i got, so i definitely hit frame 62...

I read Smogon's guide for Wondercard RNGing and it's really confusing. It says to click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG" to find your initial frame when using the PIDRNG, which it says it used for RNGing a Wondercard legendary. In my case, I'm aiming for a Timid Keldeo with HP Ghost power 70. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.75 BETA right now and I don't see any button that I can click on to find the initial frame, which I need to subtract from my target frame to know how many times I need to hear my Chatots' chatterings.

Here's all the information I have for you all:
DSlite MAC: 001EA9EA6641
Target seed: FE881FA79853E471
Frame: 54
Goal for Nature: Timid
Goal for IVs: 31/18/31/31/30/31
Time I need to hit for seed: 11/02/2012, 20:02:19
Keypresses: Right (on D-pad)

Would my initial frame just be 1? I just started RNGing this past Friday with stationary legendaries, and I have successfully RNGed a Timid Kyurem, Hasty Virizion w/HP Ice, Jolly Cobalion, and Jolly Terrakion. They all have 31 IVs in all the stats they need (Virizion has some 30s for the HP Ice) so they were all successes. But this Wonder Card stuff is really new to me and I can't find "Calculate Initial PIDRNG" on my RNG reporter or the 4th/5th Generation Capture tab. Also, Smogon's guide says "Hit your seed once and find the IVs you find which is the initial frame" and I'm not so sure what it's talking about with the steps to find the perfect Wondercard Pokemon at all...

Any help would be appreciated soooo much.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I read Smogon's guide for Wondercard RNGing and it's really confusing. It says to click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG" to find your initial frame when using the PIDRNG, which it says it used for RNGing a Wondercard legendary. In my case, I'm aiming for a Timid Keldeo with HP Ghost power 70. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.75 BETA right now and I don't see any button that I can click on to find the initial frame, which I need to subtract from my target frame to know how many times I need to hear my Chatots' chatterings.

Here's all the information I have for you all:
DSlite MAC: 001EA9EA6641
Target seed: FE881FA79853E471
Frame: 54
Goal for Nature: Timid
Goal for IVs: 31/18/31/31/30/31
Time I need to hit for seed: 11/02/2012, 20:02:19
Keypresses: Right (on D-pad)

Would my initial frame just be 1? I just started RNGing this past Friday with stationary legendaries, and I have successfully RNGed a Timid Kyurem, Hasty Virizion w/HP Ice, Jolly Cobalion, and Jolly Terrakion. They all have 31 IVs in all the stats they need (Virizion has some 30s for the HP Ice) so they were all successes. But this Wonder Card stuff is really new to me and I can't find "Calculate Initial PIDRNG" on my RNG reporter or the 4th/5th Generation Capture tab. Also, Smogon's guide says "Hit your seed once and find the IVs you find which is the initial frame" and I'm not so sure what it's talking about with the steps to find the perfect Wondercard Pokemon at all...

Any help would be appreciated soooo much.
The Calculate Initial PIDRNG button is found in the main page of the reporter, not in the capture tab. I calculated it for you and it seems like the initial PID frame for that seed is 52.

I read Smogon's guide for Wondercard RNGing and it's really confusing. It says to click "Calculate Initial PIDRNG" to find your initial frame when using the PIDRNG, which it says it used for RNGing a Wondercard legendary. In my case, I'm aiming for a Timid Keldeo with HP Ghost power 70. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.75 BETA right now
First, try updating to the newest version.

and I don't see any button that I can click on to find the initial frame, which I need to subtract from my target frame to know how many times I need to hear my Chatots' chatterings.
Second, the button only shows up on the main screen, when you select Gen 5 PIDRNG or Wondercards (5th Gen) in the Method drop-down.

Would my initial frame just be 1?
Initial PID frame is never 1. IVs, on the other hand, use different frames, and should always be abused on frame 1 unless you're insane...

Also, Smogon's guide says "Hit your seed once and find the IVs you find which is the initial frame" and I'm not so sure what it's talking about with the steps to find the perfect Wondercard Pokemon at all...
...except for with Wondercards, which is the one time (as far as what matters right now) that IVs and PID run on the same frames. As far as Wondercards go, the part about hitting your seed and finding your initial frame only really applies if you're abusing in a PC with moving NPCs, since this is the one time that NPCs can completely mess with your IVs. If you're in a PC that doesn't have any moving NPCs, then you don't need to worry about it.

To Cezera and kiddu: Thanks so much for your help!
So if the RNG says the frame number is 54 and the initial frame is 52, I have to make my Chatots chatter twice, since the target frame - initial frame = advances required, right?

Again, thanks so much :3

Also (sorry for all my RNG issues, and you guys give really reliable answers), a question about updating to the newest version:
I do have the newer version, but I can't do any Time finding or anything on it unless I have a profile. I have my DS parameters on the older version, and when I copy those over, it refuses to create a profile for me because I don't know my SID. I have no hacking devices and no non-bred non-chained shiny Pokemon from which I can deduce my SID, so I will never be able to actually find my SID, so as of now, I have no way of being able to use the newer version, which I believe is 9.96.5 BETA.
Any help?

^The big difference is that C-Gear seeds no longer exist, so Entralink runs on standard seeds like everything else (only starting on frame 26). Having the C-Gear on still messes with the nature, but you don't need to worry about entering the Entralink at a specific time anymore.

I do have the newer version, but I can't do any Time finding or anything on it unless I have a profile. I have my DS parameters on the older version, and when I copy those over, it refuses to create a profile for me because I don't know my SID. I have no hacking devices and no non-bred non-chained shiny Pokemon from which I can deduce my SID, so I will never be able to actually find my SID, so as of now, I have no way of being able to use the newer version, which I believe is 9.96.5 BETA.
Any help?
If you have access to Wi-Fi, you can ask in the Simple Questions/Requests thread for somebody to help find your SID off of a random wild Pokemon you caught. There's also Pokecheck, but I've admittedly never used it.

If those don't work for you, AFAIK you should be able to get away with using a "fake" SID for now, and the only thing it'll affect is shiny frames.

I am trying to RNG in white 2 but I can't seem to get anything to work... I tried following a bunch of videos and tutorials (I spent most of yesterday doing it actually...) but I never seemed to get close to the spread I wanted (or shiny for that matter)
I initially tried to get my ds parameters by sceet scenting and getting the IV's and enterering the data in to the latest RNG Reporter, and that got me a timer0 value which I used but I couldn't ever find any of the frames I hit (they weren't in adjacent frames)
I then tried using the method of using the unova link key thing but I kept not getting any results...
I am using a ds lite and I am trying to get shiny stationary legendaries.
Cheers

edit: just realised that I didn't have the 'memory link used' check box ticked... will try go through some of the processes again (this doesn't however change the fact that I couldn't get any results from the 'UnovaLinkCalibration' tool on either of my ds's (ds lite and 3DS)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I am trying to RNG in white 2 but I can't seem to get anything to work... I tried following a bunch of videos and tutorials (I spent most of yesterday doing it actually...) but I never seemed to get close to the spread I wanted (or shiny for that matter)
I initially tried to get my ds parameters by sceet scenting and getting the IV's and enterering the data in to the latest RNG Reporter, and that got me a timer0 value which I used but I couldn't ever find any of the frames I hit (they weren't in adjacent frames)
I then tried using the method of using the unova link key thing but I kept not getting any results...
I am using a ds lite and I am trying to get shiny stationary legendaries.
Cheers
Well, the number of timer0s you can hit is >10; by the looks of it, it seems you only calibrated once and called it a day. No, you need to do the process quite a few times so you can figure out what's your most common timer0. But even, you need to remember you won't be hitting your common timer0 100% of the time, so have be patient.

I believe the unova link is currently broken for the rng reporter (correct me if I'm wrong) so yea...

Well, the number of timer0s you can hit is >10; by the looks of it, it seems you only calibrated once and called it a day. No, you need to do the process quite a few times so you can figure out what's your most common timer0. But even, you need to remember you won't be hitting your common timer0 100% of the time, so have be patient.

I believe the unova link is currently broken for the rng reporter (correct me if I'm wrong) so yea...
I tried the unova link thing about 5 times (at least) on both ds's and got no results any of the times... but if it is broken then that would make sense... I did the sweet scent method about 5 times as well... I will try with the timer0 I had before but with the unova link thing ticked to see of that helps (unless that was what was broken?)

Say I have a played through Pokemon White game and I RNG on a DS Phat. If I restart the game and use the same DS Phat, will my DS Parameters stay the same?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So different TID's and SID's shouldn't make a difference other than the Shiny aspect of everything?
ID and SID have no impact unless you want a shiny.

Well, technically they can have an impact if you're trying to do something with a shiny lock or breeding with international parents, but the chance of it making a difference there is the same as the chance of encountering a random shiny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)