5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Sorry about that. Let me try this again:

The Pokemon I'm trying to breed for is a Shiny flawless Trick Room Larvitar (31/31/31/x/31/0). Its nature is Brave. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.

The parents are both flawless. If it matters they were both downloaded off of Pokecheck.

Timid Ditto 31/31/31/31/31/31
Brave Tyranitar 31/31/31/31/31/31

My seed is 6C8D00687D4D6952, and the time I was trying to hit was 11/1/12 at 14:01:25. The predicted PID is ED98705C. Also, the predicted spread is 31/31/31/13/31/0. I took care to mark the Ditto parent, and the Everstone Nature. Finally, Larvitar was to inherit the HP and Atk IV from the mother, and the SpD from the father.

Sorry I didn't provide enough info. If I forgot anything please let me know.

Edit: Oh, I also forgot to mention that I'm trying to hit Frame 72 (but it isn't an issue since I hit it - the issue is that it is not flawless).

Hi all,

I've RNGed stuff in the past before, but that was a long time ago and I still feel like quite the amateur. I'm trying to get the IVs needed for HP Fire on Latios in Black 2, using the latest version of RNG Reporter and a DS Lite with a MAC address of 0021478FE3EA. Calibrated about 25 times and the Timer0 ranges are all over the place, so eventually I just decided to go with a range of 1106 to 1108, as 1106 and 1108 were coming up most often. Then I went into 5th Gen Time Finder, set both min and max frames to 1 so I could simply go straight into the encounter without having to deal with Chatots (that is how it works, right?)
No, you still need to deal with Chatots. Setting IV frames to 1/1 is so that that's all you need to deal with.

I set my date and time to those given, and tried a couple of times.
The problem is that the IVs I'm getting (18-19/4-5/27/18-19/7/5-6) don't show up in the Adjacent Seed Tool, so I must have missed something somewhere. For Method I picked 'IVs (Standard Seed)' since I'm using a Synchronizer, and obviously 'Stationary Encounter' for Encounter Type. Since I'm not using the PIDRNG I don't have to generate anything else in the main RNGReporter window, right? I've checked 'Memory Link' in the profile page since mine is activated, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference - RNGReporter still gave me the same target seeds. Also, the first two digits of my MAC address (00) get chopped off in the profile page, but I presume that's normal.

What could I be doing wrong? Any help is very much appreciated.
First, the Adjacent Seed tool thinks that frame 1 is really frame 3, so you need to set it to search 3/3. Second, you already know what the problem is: the timer0 being all over the place.

Sorry about that. Let me try this again:

The Pokemon I'm trying to breed for is a Shiny flawless Trick Room Larvitar (31/31/31/x/31/0). Its nature is Brave. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.

The parents are both flawless. If it matters they were both downloaded off of Pokecheck.

Timid Ditto 31/31/31/31/31/31
Brave Tyranitar 31/31/31/31/31/31

My seed is 6C8D00687D4D6952, and the time I was trying to hit was 11/1/12 at 14:01:25. The predicted PID is ED98705C. Also, the predicted spread is 31/31/31/13/31/0. I took care to mark the Ditto parent, and the Everstone Nature. Finally, Larvitar was to inherit the HP and Atk IV from the mother, and the SpD from the father.

Sorry I didn't provide enough info. If I forgot anything please let me know.

Edit: Oh, I also forgot to mention that I'm trying to hit Frame 72 (but it isn't an issue since I hit it - the issue is that it is not flawless).
Your ID/SID would help, as would whether you've made sure you're not really using International parents.

can hidden grotto pokes be shiny?
No.

kiddu said:
Your ID/SID would help, as would whether you've made sure you're not really using International parents.
Oh! Thank you for that. I never realized that the parents were from different countries. Thank you so much.

No, you still need to deal with Chatots. Setting IV frames to 1/1 is so that that's all you need to deal with.

First, the Adjacent Seed tool thinks that frame 1 is really frame 3, so you need to set it to search 3/3. Second, you already know what the problem is: the timer0 being all over the place.
Thank you so much for the help, kiddu. One final question: how does the Chatot thing work when the min. and max. frames are 1/1? How do I know how much I have to advance the frame by?

Oh! Thank you for that. I never realized that the parents were from different countries. Thank you so much.
Whoa, hold on. I asked if it was really International to make sure that I was looking at the right shiny displays. If the egg you got was shiny and Brave with the wrong IVs then that's not the only issue (though it's probably part), since there's still only one Brave frame within 3 frames either way of your target. Your ID/SID is more important, except on the off chance that you're hitting a different timer0 that also happens to land on a shiny Brave egg.

Thank you so much for the help, kiddu. One final question: how does the Chatot thing work when the min. and max. frames are 1/1? How do I know how much I have to advance the frame by?
IV and PID frames are different. IV frames are what you should be setting to 1/1. PID frames determine the nature/ability/shininess/egg IV inheritance (if applicable) and is what Chatots/NPCs advance. The only in-game exception to this is Wondercards.

IV and PID frames are different. IV frames are what you should be setting to 1/1. PID frames determine the nature/ability/shininess/egg IV inheritance (if applicable) and is what Chatots/NPCs advance. The only in-game exception to this is Wondercards.
I realise this. I'm only trying to manipulate Latios' IVs, so I don't have to worry about Chatots, just start the game hope and hope I've hit the right Timer0, right?

kiddu said:
Whoa, hold on. I asked if it was really International to make sure that I was looking at the right shiny displays. If the egg you got was shiny and Brave with the wrong IVs then that's not the only issue (though it's probably part), since there's still only one Brave frame within 3 frames either way of your target. Posting your ID/SID is more important.
My ID: 16173
My SID: 41706

And I can confirm that they are International.

I realise this. I'm only trying to manipulate Latios' IVs, so I don't have to worry about Chatots, just start the game hope and hope I've hit the right Timer0, right?
And that you get the right Nature on the first frame if you care at all about it, yes.

My ID: 16173
My SID: 41706

And I can confirm that they are International.
I was afraid of that...there's no shiny Brave frame that'd explain only missing Defense and Speed. Either there's something wrong with Reporter or your other timer0 is generating a shiny Brave egg as well. You're doing this in BW1, right?

And that you get the right Nature on the first frame if you care at all about it, yes.
Thanks, you've been amazingly helpful. Just for future reference, can you explain how I determine how many Chatot cries I need to hear when manipulating the PIDRNG? Here are the results I get when I've inputted my seed from time finder, calculated the initial PIDRNG frame and clicked 'generate':

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
The best way to think of it is by using the formula Chatters=Target Frame-Current frame.

If there are no WNPCs in the area then Current frame=Initial PIDRNG.
If there are WNPCs, you first would have to figure out what frame you land on when you enter the game--this is to see how many frames the NPCs will advance for you--, and move from there.

However, sometimes WNPCs mode differently depending on what frame you are, so some inconsistencies can occur here and there. But the formula works as a rule of thumb

Hi, I have a quick, general question regarding Entralink RNG abuse. Is it preferable to have the target Pokemon in the first clearing? I'm guessing the steps needed to reach the Deepest Clearing will still advance the frame, correct?

I haven't gotten around to learning the nuances of Entralink abuse yet but I want to make the future RNGing for my Gothitelle as smooth as possible. Thanks!

Curious as to where I can read up on BW2 RNG research? Just trying to gain some knowledge on it. More so for the whole impossible RNG breeding?

Did this, still have the same problem. Window pops up, 0 searched, 0 found, closes a second later. I know there's several seeds that should be showing up, because I've already used these parameters for another capture.
New page, same problem. 5th Gen time finder in RNG Reporter fails to report any valid seeds.

Hey guys. This is my first abuse and I am still trying to find my parameters. I am using a 3DS. On the BW RNG Manipulation Guide, under the subheading "Steps to Calibrate for RNG abuse" it says:
Enter the date and time from Step 3 and the Pokemon's information from Step 5 into Parameters.
Should I enter the exact date and time of the capture or when I hard reset the game?
PLease Help! :)

New page, same problem. 5th Gen time finder in RNG Reporter fails to report any valid seeds.
Fixed this by turning keypresses on and off in my preferences. Generate is now producing seeds.

None of the seeds actually required keypresses.

Hope this helps someone else eventually.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hey guys. This is my first abuse and I am still trying to find my parameters. I am using a 3DS. On the BW RNG Manipulation Guide, under the subheading "Steps to Calibrate for RNG abuse" it says:
Enter the date and time from Step 3 and the Pokemon's information from Step 5 into Parameters.
Should I enter the exact date and time of the capture or when I hard reset the game?
PLease Help! :)
That would be the time at which you pressed A to select the game.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
well, you need to provide more information on what exactly you are doing. A few screenshots would help immensenly, and information such as what console you're using, language of the game, which game you're actually playing etc, could be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)