5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hey.

I've been trying over and over what you said and even after at least 10 attempts the Ditto isn't appearing. I've tried starting White 2 a second or so and after the clock reaches 0 but to no avail. How can I fix this? :(
make sure there's absolutely nothing in the grotto. Sometimes there's mulch there that's hidden (you just have to press A near the spot to check). Once you've cleared the area of items, you can redo the 256 steps to make ditto appear.

Edit: don't know if onicon mentioned this earlier, but you should set your encounter type to "Hidden Grotto". Currently you have it set to "Wild Pokemon". If you're using a DS original or Lite, you shouldn't have to use EonTimer. You can just wait until the timer gets to one second before the target. Walk the 256 steps WITHIN THE GROTTO. leave and then reenter.

Ok, I've figured out how to get stationary Pokemon. Now onto Wonder Cards. I can get the IVs perfect now but I can't get the nature to work. I'm trying to RNG for a Mewtwo that I saved from a WiFi event. I always get the wrong nature. When it says Frame = 55, does it mean advance by 55 frames? When I do that I get the wrong nature and the wrong IVs.
are you checking your frames with chatot pitches?

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
make sure there's absolutely nothing in the grotto. Sometimes there's mulch there that's hidden (you just have to press A near the spot to check). Once you've cleared the area of items, you can redo the 256 steps to make ditto appear.
Yeah, I made sure to do that.

Edit: don't know if onicon mentioned this earlier, but you should set your encounter type to "Hidden Grotto".
I fixed that.

If you're using a DS original or Lite, you shouldn't have to use EonTimer.
I'm using a 3DS.

Walk the 256 steps WITHIN THE GROTTO. leave and then reenter.
I didn't know the 256 steps had to be within the grotto. I'll try that now.

Edit: No success. :(

Therefore we usually recommend people to do some regular RNG prediction before tackling more exotic cases - like Sweet Scencing in an NPC-free zone on the starting frame. You probably know that the results may differ from case to case because the Timer0 may change, moreso in BW2 than in BW. Finding out which Timer0 are the most common is the process of calibrating (in BW I could tell after 5 attemps, in BW2 I did it over 50 times with no Timer0 out of 4 being more common than the other ones).

It looks like you still need calibrating. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sort of... but I can't really distinguish between the pitches that well... Since Wondercards use PID only if the PID frame is wrong the IVs shouldn't work either right? I sorta don't know how to get the adjusted starting frame :(

Sort of... but I can't really distinguish between the pitches that well... Since Wondercards use PID only if the PID frame is wrong the IVs shouldn't work either right? I sorta don't know how to get the adjusted starting frame :(
Wondercards have their IV and PID determined at the same time, so you just have to worry about advancing the PID (chatters will advance IVRNG). I don't know what you mean by adjusted starting frame. If your Method is set to "Wondercard (5th Gen)", then you should have the option on the right side of the main window of RNGReporter to "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".

Edit: To get a custom chatter that you can distinguish, try setting the sound to something generated at 440 Hz or what I do is say "Ahhh" (much like you would say in a doctor's office). Listen to the lowest pitch and the highest pitch - those are the most easily recognizable

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Therefore we usually recommend people to do some regular RNG prediction before tackling more exotic cases - like Sweet Scencing in an NPC-free zone on the starting frame. You probably know that the results may differ from case to case because the Timer0 may change, moreso in BW2 than in BW. Finding out which Timer0 are the most common is the process of calibrating (in BW I could tell after 5 attemps, in BW2 I did it over 50 times with no Timer0 out of 4 being more common than the other ones).

It looks like you still need calibrating. Correct me if I am wrong.
Sadly my only stationary Pokemon left are the Lake Trio and I already used my Master Ball. I'm gonna have to calibrate for a few hours today using Sweet Scent and then retry.

Thanks for your patience and all the help :)

Hi guys, new Rng hopeful here (I'm sure you've heard that one before). Anyway I'm trying to rng riolu at Floccesy ranch and have had no luck. I think there is something I am just not getting but here is the basic of what I am doing:

I calibrated here in Floccesy Ranch and consistently hit VCount: 82, VFrame: 8, GxStat: 6, no key presses.
I am using an original DS and a copy of Pokemon Black 2.
My mac address is: 0009BF0D1441
ID: 53716 SID: 21644
I calibrated twice and got Timer0: 1105 and Timer0: 1107
I made a profile with the above parameters with Timer0: 1105 - 1107
My DS is in sync with Eon Timer and I am using Rng reporter 9.96.5

Here is my problem: I set encounter to 0 and 8 but get totally random pokemon and I don't even hit the IVs. I hit generate adjacent seeds and there is no hint of the Pokemon I end up getting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

edit: My starting frame is 56

edit 2: I calibrated 8 more times and got Timer01: 1104 a total of 4 times. I set Timer0: 1103 - 1107 and selected a standard seed on 1104. My starting frame was on 52 and my target on 77, I advanced 25 Chatot pitches and again totally missed my desired 31/31/31/24/31/31 spread. This was done right oitside Virbank, intended to get Magby and got Pidove.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you don't get the right IVs, then you're hitting the wrong Timer0 (unless you're doing something else wrong like hitting the wrong second). Ignore those results, they won't help you and there's nothing you can do about it but keep trying.

When you do hit your seed, keep in mind that moving NPCs in the area will advance the PID frame, so you need to figure out what frame you're actually hitting (using the nature, encounter slot, etc.) and then adjust your Chatters to compensate. But also note that the NPCs will move during Sweet Scent, and may move differently depending on which frame you stopped on, so you may need to adjust multiple times. If you find it's entirely impossible to hit, try re-saving, which will make the NPCs start from different positions.

I want to say it is a Timer0 issue. Just to clarify, when I selected my spread, I was given a Timer01 of 1104 , this number, is it what the Timer01 is if I hit the time correctly or is it the Timer01 which I need to hit?

I mean, suppose I choose a spread with Timer0: 1104 and hit the time spot on, is it still possible for me to actually hit another Timer0 value?

Supposing I do hit 1104, regardless of the Chatot pitches, I should still get the desired IV spread correct?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I want to say it is a Timer0 issue. Just to clarify, when I selected my spread, I was given a Timer01 of 1104 , this number, is it what the Timer01 is if I hit the time correctly or is it the Timer01 which I need to hit?

I mean, suppose I choose a spread with Timer0: 1104 and hit the time spot on, is it still possible for me to actually hit another Timer0 value?

Supposing I do hit 1104, regardless of the Chatot pitches, I should still get the desired IV spread correct?
It's the Timer0 you need to hit. It is possible to hit a different one, Timer0 and target time have nothing to do with each other.

If you hit 1104, you will get the right IVs (assuming they're on frame 1 and you don't do any IV frame advancements) regardless of Chatot.

Wondercards have their IV and PID determined at the same time, so you just have to worry about advancing the PID (chatters will advance IVRNG). I don't know what you mean by adjusted starting frame. If your Method is set to "Wondercard (5th Gen)", then you should have the option on the right side of the main window of RNGReporter to "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".

Edit: To get a custom chatter that you can distinguish, try setting the sound to something generated at 440 Hz or what I do is say "Ahhh" (much like you would say in a doctor's office). Listen to the lowest pitch and the highest pitch - those are the most easily recognizable
Thank you! Got it to work.

I've been reading through the 4th Gen RNG guide and it seems much more complicated. I want a perfect Latios and Latias and a Heatran. Will it be easier to do this in Black 2/White 2 or in 4th Gen games? I heard that the Lati@s in BW2 moves around...?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Is 4th Gen RNG that much harder in general? I do have to learn to do it some day to get 4th Gen legendaries, and stuff like Mew/Celebi that I've saved from years ago.
Gen 5 is a better jumping off point, however many people enjoy Gen 4 RNG more, because it's more challenging.

Does Kyurem require something particular to RNG in Black 2? I have managed to get my desired Zekrom in about three tries but I'm not going anywhere with Kyurem. I know about the randomness of timer0, but I've tried like 30 times already and only about 3 times I've managed to get desired IVs but never the nature.

I know I'm doing the number of chatot advances correctly (and entering at the right date and time with the right keypresses), of course, the pitch does not match at all.

I'm on the latest version of RNGReporter.

I'm almost certain that timer0 is trolling me, but that many times?

Does Kyurem require something particular to RNG in Black 2? I have managed to get my desired Zekrom in about three tries but I'm not going anywhere with Kyurem. I know about the randomness of timer0, but I've tried like 30 times already and only about 3 times I've managed to get desired IVs but never the nature.

I know I'm doing the number of chatot advances correctly (and entering at the right date and time with the right keypresses), of course, the pitch does not match at all.

I've just managed to get what I wanted. What happened was that having "Memory Link?" checked was skewing my starting frame by 4 frames, even though I did the memory link in my game. So once I unchecked it then the results were correct as long as my timer0 was also right.

Is this a known issue or did I do something wrong elsewhere?

There is something in Kyurem's chamber that causes the PID to advance a bit. I have heard that it is about 4 frames past the SSF and I think one person may have even complained that the frame skipped in the middle of them flipping chatots. Just do everything like you normally would except don't try finding your SSF right at the beginning, try looking a few frames a head to see where you are. (i. e. if your starting frame is 54, try looking to 58+ to see if you get any matches)

There is something in Kyurem's chamber that causes the PID to advance a bit. I have heard that it is about 4 frames past the SSF and I think one person may have even complained that the frame skipped in the middle of them flipping chatots. Just do everything like you normally would except don't try finding your SSF right at the beginning, try looking a few frames a head to see where you are. (i. e. if your starting frame is 54, try looking to 58+ to see if you get any matches)
Thanks for your reply. Yes indeed I had a 4 frame difference between the game and RNGReporter.

I thought it was because of the "Memory Link?" checkbox because unchecking it removed that 4 frame difference, but it seems that was just coincidence and the reason is what you mentioned.

I'm trying to breed a shiny Beldum. I just successfully bred a shiny Magikarp. I didn't adjust the number of frames at all, just advanced the # of frames the program told me to (final - initial). But for some reason for the life of me I can't get Beldum. Can someone tell me what to do from here? The guide says to "find out which frame you're hitting." How do you do that?

EDIT: I'm trying to use the exact same procedure with Beldum but it's not working :/

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I cant find the option to search for Dream Radar seeds on RNG Reporter, is the feature PPRNG-only?

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh, that sucks.

Can anyone with access to PPRNG look up a timid HP Ground Dream radar Seed for me?

My parameters are: VCount: 82; GxStat: 6; VFrame: 8; Timer0: 10F4.

I'm trying to breed a shiny Beldum. I just successfully bred a shiny Magikarp. I didn't adjust the number of frames at all, just advanced the # of frames the program told me to (final - initial). But for some reason for the life of me I can't get Beldum. Can someone tell me what to do from here? The guide says to "find out which frame you're hitting." How do you do that?

EDIT: I'm trying to use the exact same procedure with Beldum but it's not working :/
How do you check which seed you actually hit?

Usually you can determine the IVs and use the calibration function in order to find out in which seed you are - not that this is necessary. In most cases, the NPCs in this area just have advanced the PID frame. In that case, learn to listen to the Chatots' cries in order to determine your frame.

Remember: Wrong IVs, wrong seed; wrong nature, gender and shinyness, wrong PID frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)