5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Do you start the C-Gear on the continue screen or in-game?
In-game. Right as soon as I finish my first 3 chatot pitches and exit the menu. It is weird that I have that delay but I've just learned to offset it. C-gar advances ~1.733 sec/frame, but even so I try to activate C-gear and enter entralink as quickly as possible.

Forgot to add - Slashmolder suggested adding or subtracting pitches if your target nature frame is on a skip frame. Listening to pitches will shift the initial PIDRNG frame, so you can adjust for that manually by specifying the initial frame.

RNG in Black 2

IN BW2 are there any NPC that advance for the frame for the following pokes:

Terrakion
Mespirit
Uxie
Azelf
Virizion

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys,

I'm really new to RNG abusing so I hope you guys could give me some assistance. This is what I've done so far:

1. Calibrated my DS's time to my computer's and hard reset White 2 when the new minute began.
2. When into the game (without turning on c-gear or anything)
3. Caught Mespirit, flew over to my PC and input its stats and all into the IV checker.
4. Followed the guide on the smogon website and got my seed thingo to complete my profile.

Now I wanted to RNG an Imposter Ditto so I followed the rest of the Hidden Grotto RNG abuse guide and this is what I got:

I guess I want to do the first one there, so how do I go about completing the process of getting it? I'm rather confused. Also, if I wanted to do the same with a shiny one, it says the frame is 13-thousand and something. Would that make it very difficult to get?
Please help.

You forgot to calculate the starting frame. No problem, just check "Black White 2?" and maybe "Memory Link ?" when you have performend Memory Link, then press "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".
Unfortunately four you, the starting frame will definitely not start at 1, so you have to look for another one. The rest shouldn't differ much from the regular stationary abuse.

And Hidden Grotto Pokemons won't be shiny, just like Reshiram and Zekrom.
For any other kind of shiny Pokemon but Wondercards, enter your Time Finder, use the correct configurations plus Nature, Gender, Ability and Encounter Slots for Wild Pokemon and check "Check for Nearby Shiny Frames". You can limit the number of steps you need to advance; I usually leave it at 300 except for one special Pokemon I did 3000 for - just don't do it, 300 is fine. Do not forget to enable Keypresses in your profile and to search very month in a year. When you don't find a result, search for next year. I was able to find all my shiny spreads before 2030, so it may take some time.

lab report ᐛ
Thanks!

I don't really care if it's not shiny. Anyway, so I followed everything you said in the first paragraph and got this:

54 / Low (2) / 000692E3 / Bashful / 0 / M / M / M / M

I'm not really sure what this means or what to do with it, though. :(
Just to let you know, there is currently no Ditto in my Hidden Grotto if that is meant to be necessary. By the way, I searched for one with 31 HP IVs.

What should I do now?

Is that your starting frame? When it is, hit the seed, walk 256 steps, re-enter the Hidden Grotto. If a Ditto has appeared, save infront of it and follow the next step. Otherwise rinse repeat.

Next step: IVs. That's goint to be easy. Just do it like the Mespirit abuse (protip, select an appropiate Hidden Power).

Edit: Just to prevent misunderstandings; when generating Ditto you have to make sure that your actual frame and the your you received in the Hidden Grotto finder match up. In the best case, when the starting frame IS your desired frame, there is no need for advancements. When not, just use Chatots.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Forgot to add - Slashmolder suggested adding or subtracting pitches if your target nature frame is on a skip frame. Listening to pitches will shift the initial PIDRNG frame, so you can adjust for that manually by specifying the initial frame.
Thank you very much. I won't be RNGing on the Entralink for a while (I'm burned out, can't hit my timer0s at all) but it will be useful for when I decide to do it.

BTW, when checking a frame using Chatots, is the cry an indicator of the next frame or the current one?

Thank you very much. I won't be RNGing on the Entralink for a while (I'm burned out, can't hit my timer0s at all) but it will be useful for when I decide to do it.

BTW, when checking a frame using Chatots, is the cry an indicator of the next frame or the current one?
It's an indicator of the current one.

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
It's an indicator of the current one.
I asked because in HGSS, an Elm call for a certain frame would advance the frame, meaning that when you got a certain message, it would advance to the next one.

I asked because in HGSS, an Elm call for a certain frame would advance the frame, meaning that when you got a certain message, it would advance to the next one.
Yeah in HGSS, an Elm/Irwin call is used to advance to the next frame, but that can also be used to indicate the current frame you're on.

For example, let's say you're RNGing a stationary in HGSS in an area with no wNPCs. If you have no roamers out, starting frame will be 1, and if you do the elm/irwin call or chatot pitches, the first instance of that call/pitch should correspond with frame 1 (the current frame). If there are 2 roamers out, the starting frame is 1+2=3, so the first Elm/Irwin call should correspond to frame 3 (the current frame).

The same deal (with pitches determining current frame) happens in Gen 5. Anyway, this is just what I've observed and understood from guides. More experienced RNGers are welcome to chime in.

lab report ᐛ
Is that your starting frame? When it is, hit the seed, walk 256 steps, re-enter the Hidden Grotto. If a Ditto has appeared, save infront of it and follow the next step. Otherwise rinse repeat.

Next step: IVs. That's goint to be easy. Just do it like the Mespirit abuse (protip, select an appropiate Hidden Power).

Edit: Just to prevent misunderstandings; when generating Ditto you have to make sure that your actual frame and the your you received in the Hidden Grotto finder match up. In the best case, when the starting frame IS your desired frame, there is no need for advancements. When not, just use Chatots.
Just to let you know, I don't really have any experience doing this so I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by 'hit the seed'? What do I have to press in RNG finder and what do I then do ingame? Do I have to adjust my time according to what it says somewhere on RNG reporter? After I 'hit the seed', where do I walk the 256 steps from and do I have to do 256 exactly and then end up on the Grotto entrance or something else?

We though you had RNG predicted Mesprit, but in hindsight, you just have caught it. My bad. Anyway, I would recommend you to start with more common RNG predicting but you may just try this one if you inist.

Hitting a seed: Do you see the strings of characters in the Time Finder that are called Seed? We want to enter your specific seed to generate Ditto. In order to do this

1. Change your DS date to the given date
2. Set your timer (EonTimer, I assume) to the given seconds.
3. Prepare your DS time. Do not change the time yet (ergo, hit A).
4. Lauch the timer and set your DS time simultaneously.
5. Wait at the main screen for the timer.
6. When the timer runs out, enter the game.
That's how EonTimer works. I prefer to enter the game before the EonTimer runs out, so I set the the timer one second longer than the given seconds.

When your Timer0 hasn't changed (you cannot control it by other means than praying) you should be able to generate Ditto. Walk 256 steps and re-enter the Grotto. There should be a Ditto - save in front of it and do the next step. If not, reset and try again.

The next step is finding an appropiate seed for IVs and Hidden Power. More later, try to generate Ditto first.

How many times is it suggested that I check my parameters in B/W (not B2/W2) on a DSi?

Also, I assume that running the Online Stopwatch in sync with my DSi clock is the best way to keep track of the times I load the game when checking my parameters, right?

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
How many times is it suggested that I check my parameters in B/W (not B2/W2) on a DSi?

Also, I assume that running the Online Stopwatch in sync with my DSi clock is the best way to keep track of the times I load the game when checking my parameters, right?
I only did it once (the first time). Also, use Eon Timer, you'll regret not having used it before.

Hi guys, I need some help with RNG. I am RNGing the stationary Volcarona in Pokemon White. I have a DS Lite. I have a synchronizer, but whenever the nature is right, the stats are never right. When the nature is wrong, the stats are good.

I am using the latest version of RNG reporter. I noticed that it didn't have a field for nature as the one in the guide did. I did select "Modest" nature on the Time Finder, but I only get Brave. Why is this?? :(

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi guys, I need some help with RNG. I am RNGing the stationary Volcarona in Pokemon White. I have a DS Lite. I have a synchronizer, but whenever the nature is right, the stats are never right. When the nature is wrong, the stats are good.

I am using the latest version of RNG reporter. I noticed that it didn't have a field for nature as the one in the guide did. I did select "Modest" nature on the Time Finder, but I only get Brave. Why is this?? :(
Are you advancing the PIDRNG at all?

As for the bad IVs, it's almost certainly your other Timer0 (or you're hitting a different second).

I'm not sure what that means :(

I'm trying to use a synchronizer for natures as the guide on the main site suggests. I'm not sure how else to do it. I'm a beginner and I'm trying to follow the guide. I am fully able to get perfect IVs but it never has the right nature. Or, if it does have the right nature (matches my Sychronizer), the IVs are never right.

lab report ᐛ
We though you had RNG predicted Mesprit, but in hindsight, you just have caught it. My bad. Anyway, I would recommend you to start with more common RNG predicting but you may just try this one if you inist.

Hitting a seed: Do you see the strings of characters in the Time Finder that are called Seed? We want to enter your specific seed to generate Ditto. In order to do this

1. Change your DS date to the given date
2. Set your timer (EonTimer, I assume) to the given seconds.
3. Prepare your DS time. Do not change the time yet (ergo, hit A).
4. Lauch the timer and set your DS time simultaneously.
5. Wait at the main screen for the timer.
6. When the timer runs out, enter the game.
That's how EonTimer works. I prefer to enter the game before the EonTimer runs out, so I set the the timer one second longer than the given seconds.

When your Timer0 hasn't changed (you cannot control it by other means than praying) you should be able to generate Ditto. Walk 256 steps and re-enter the Grotto. There should be a Ditto - save in front of it and do the next step. If not, reset and try again.

The next step is finding an appropiate seed for IVs and Hidden Power. More later, try to generate Ditto first.
Hey.

I've been trying over and over what you said and even after at least 10 attempts the Ditto isn't appearing. I've tried starting White 2 a second or so and after the clock reaches 0 but to no avail. How can I fix this? :(

I'm not sure what that means :(

I'm trying to use a synchronizer for natures as the guide on the main site suggests. I'm not sure how else to do it. I'm a beginner and I'm trying to follow the guide. I am fully able to get perfect IVs but it never has the right nature. Or, if it does have the right nature (matches my Sychronizer), the IVs are never right.
Ok, I've figured out how to get stationary Pokemon. Now onto Wonder Cards. I can get the IVs perfect now but I can't get the nature to work. I'm trying to RNG for a Mewtwo that I saved from a WiFi event. I always get the wrong nature. When it says Frame = 55, does it mean advance by 55 frames? When I do that I get the wrong nature and the wrong IVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)