5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Do not forget, when generating, the only thing that will be set is the gender.

When you want to catch it, use an IV Standard Seed with the Hidden Grotto Encounter Type. Select the desired IV spead and the PID frame - you know the drill.

Edit for kitsura: The starting frame thing is really iffy, at least when I do it. The best you can do is to listen to your Chatots to determine your frame then you won't need to readjusting every time you missed something, because it is really annoying in BW2. I recommend you 400 Hz, here you go.

1. You haven't hit your seed. It depends on the Timer0 which seed you hit and since you use Black 2, it is more normal than not that you don't get the same results consecutively. Unfortunately, you cannot influence the Timer0, so, good luck.
2. Example: You start at frame 53, you want to frame 55. Listen to Chatots twice, then sweet scent.
3. Yes, whenever they move, your PID frame moves. They also move during the Sweet Scent animation.
4. That's not a question.
5. Do not forget to check "Black White 2?" and Memory Link if you did that.
6. That is the seed you are looking at; the Reporter shows you the frames in the seed. 100000 results usually, but you should focus on the frames between your starting frame and your target. When you don't want it to show that many results (for easier scolling), just limit the number of results via "Max Results".
Edit :this Last problem doesnt always happen

In the Last one i meant im only getting like 4 results, neither one has the frame i choosed on the capture window and the frames im getting there are too far away from my starting pid frame, i have the shiny only checked, bw2 too, i dont know if i should check the roamers one, i already finished the league, havent seen any roamers so fsr, thank you for your time

You should have selected the Method "Gen 5 PIDRNG" and left anything at "Any". That way you are shown any frame from the starting frame to the Max Result.

When RNGing Hidden Grotto Pokemon, does the Pokemon that will appear in the grotto have to be RNGed separately? I'm trying to do a Hidden Grotto Minccino that I found during my in-game playthrough and I can't seem to hit my seed. I calibrated already a few times and caught a flawless Zekrom no problem. I did a few tests and I always hit the same flawless seed for Zekrom to make sure I'm having no problem. When getting a seed for Minccino, I selected 'Hidden Grotto'. I got the same seed for Zekrom, and I never seem to hit the seed for Minccino. I've done this over a dozen times, and still nothing.
Are you using Hozu's guide? http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/hidden_grotto_abuse

It pretty much outlines what you have to do step by step.

Do not forget, when generating, the only thing that will be set is the gender.

When you want to catch it, use an IV Standard Seed with the Hidden Grotto Encounter Type. Select the desired IV spead and the PID frame - you know the drill.

Edit for kitsura: The starting frame thing is really iffy, at least when I do it. The best you can do is to listen to your Chatots to determine your frame then you won't need to readjusting every time you missed something, because it is really annoying in BW2. I recommend you 400 Hz, here you go.
Can you guide me on how to check for starting PID frame using the chatot. I don't understand how the high, mid and lows are supposed to help. I usually use the IV to check for starting frame and it is not always successful.

Sorry I'm new, but are there any full tutorials for RNG abuse in Pokemon Black/White 2? The only ones I could find were for the originals and I'm sure there's some changes.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Asides from the range of timer0s being wider, the fact the rng breeding is not possible, and that entralink no longer uses delays, everything is the same in bw2. So yea, a new guide is not really required.

Hey. So I'm about to start my 1st Roaming RNG abuse on my Black Cart, so I have 2 questions:

1) My main question: I found a Shiny seed on frame 829 on 6/10/12, BUT it just happens to be raining on this particular day. Is there anything I can do about the rain, or will I just have to find another seed?

2) In the RNG Guide on the main site, it says that snow's shifted starting frame is between 260-300, which is less than no weather's shifted starting frame range is 550-750. Is this a typo by chance and supposed to be 1260-1300?

Sorry I'm new, but are there any full tutorials for RNG abuse in Pokemon Black/White 2? The only ones I could find were for the originals and I'm sure there's some changes.
There have been guides written for specific parts of B/W2 that are new, such as a Hidden Grotto abuse guide written by Hozu, an updated entralink abuse guide (can't recall who wrote that one, it's been awhile since I looked it up), and generally speaking, more recent guides have been written for item abuse so you can farm items via dust clouds and the like as well as RNG a wild pokemon to hold the item you want (this isn't specific for B/W2 and wasn't meant to tie in with B/W2, the guides and the games just happened to come about at around the same time). Other than that though, find a B/W guide and throw a 2 at the end of the title and there you have it.

Hey. So I'm about to start my 1st Roaming RNG abuse on my Black Cart, so I have 2 questions:

1) My main question: I found a Shiny seed on frame 829 on 6/10/12, BUT it just happens to be raining on this particular day. Is there anything I can do about the rain, or will I just have to find another seed?

2) In the RNG Guide on the main site, it says that snow's shifted starting frame is between 260-300, which is less than no weather's shifted starting frame range is 550-750. Is this a typo by chance and supposed to be 1260-1300?
1) I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about the rain on that day, you will need to find another seed.

2) If there is natural weather on the route the advancements to the SSF are added to the advancements made by the rain. So, if you mash A and land on frame 700, if it was snowing out you would land on ~960 instead.

For whatever it is worth, and I doubt it is worth much, I wrote a guide of sorts for RNGing a shiny gen 5 roamer. It's hosted at Serebii because I'm not here much and because I have no clue where I would post it here. Further still, I'm not really sure how helpful the guide is. I detailed the steps I used to RNG my shiny Thundurus and tried to hammer out a decent strategy for the whole ordeal, but I'm not sure if others will find my method useful or not. Any way, good luck!

One thing: Do we have to find a shiny spread when you want to RNG the shiny Haxorus and the shiny Gible/Dratini? We need a good nature.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
One thing: Do we have to find a shiny spread when you want to RNG the shiny Haxorus and the shiny Gible/Dratini? We need a good nature.
No, you can use any seed. Also, why do you use "we" instead of I?

We are two. She ask questions here, I give answers; don't worry, we don't share accounts, it's mine. It's just that excluding her seems rude of me.

Anyway, we had a success, more or less. We received perfect a Dratini, but the number of frame advancements are a bit off.
It looks a bit like this:

54, Mid-Low (36)
55, High (98)
56, High (99), target
57, Mid-High (63)

When I listened to the Chatots I have got heat up because I have hit the seed on the first try; Mid-Low, High, talk to him. But for some reason the Dratini was generated on the 57th frame, its nature was off. We are sure that it was the correct seed, the Chatots were right and the IVs were perfect (says the Nimbasa IV guy).
We eventually finished what we are looking for, but only with advancing once. Now do you have any idea how that could happen?

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would like to RNG some Grotto pokés, but no matter how many times I try, I can't make a Ditto appear. I have to be doing something wrong, because I can't believe that I'm missing my timer0 every single time I attempt to RNG it.

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't provide seed and parameter info, but my process is this one: I enter the game at the specified time, enter the game, apply a max repel, then proceed to run out of repel and walk 6 more steps, then I leave and re-enter the Grotto to find either nothing or an unwanted item or pokémon.

I haven't entered any Grotto other than the one where the first Minccino was, so it's safe to guess that they're all filled.

Agonist

I would like to RNG some Grotto pokés, but no matter how many times I try, I can't make a Ditto appear. I have to be doing something wrong, because I can't believe that I'm missing my timer0 every single time I attempt to RNG it.

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't provide seed and parameter info, but my process is this one: I enter the game at the specified time, enter the game, apply a max repel, then proceed to run out of repel and walk 6 more steps, then I leave and re-enter the Grotto to find either nothing or an unwanted item or pokémon.

I haven't entered any Grotto other than the one where the first Minccino was, so it's safe to guess that they're all filled.
Do you have anything in the daycare?

I'm trying to RNG Genesect on Black 2, and the target frame is 76, but when I put it into the regular window and hit generate, the frame shows up at frame 74...mind you that if I don't check the "Black/White 2 ?" box in the main window, the frame goes back to 76, but aren't you supposed to hit that checkbox if you're RNGing on Black/White 2? Just a bit confused on what to do.

Agonist

Never been even remotely near the senile old man.
guess you're just having really bad luck, or a grotto before it isn't filled.

I'm trying to RNG Genesect on Black 2, and the target frame is 76, but when I put it into the regular window and hit generate, the frame shows up at frame 74...mind you that if I don't check the "Black/White 2 ?" box in the main window, the frame goes back to 76, but aren't you supposed to hit that checkbox if you're RNGing on Black/White 2? Just a bit confused on what to do.
try doing it with the frame as 74, and if that doesn't work, do it as 76.

On the RNG time finder I have inputted a specific encounter slot to make a pokemon
appear. I am getting the IV spread but not the correct Pokemon.

I am loading my sweet scent immediately.

Can someone give me a link to a guide on how to use Eon Timer. I haven't even successfully RNG'ed a pokemon yet in B2/W2 because of the Timer0 issues. Hope Eon Timer helps. Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)