1. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dewey911p

Dewey911p

Well, there is always stationary and wild abuse at least.

Alliteratively, if you have other gen 4 games, ideally HG/SS, you can RNG breed on those. If you can RNG shiny pokemon, doing IVs is pretty much the same thing, just with an NPC that will troll you every once in awhile. It is also possible on D/P/Pt. just a lot harder.
  2. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

New page... anyone?
  3. tyons

tyons

new page for me, too.
  4. Princess Emily

Princess Emily

Try using the 9.96.5
    I think the new version reduces redundancy & confusion on your part.
  5. tyons

tyons

yes but it doesn't show the frames of the results. does it mean that they are all at the initial rame?
  6. FSLAR

FSLAR

new page
  7. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Please update to 9.96.5, the newer version removed some non-required functionality to make it less confusing. My guide is written for the latest version.
  8. tyons

tyons

ah, I thought the 9.96.5 was missing some things, 'cause I read somewhere that it had a bug.
    anyway, I used it and ditto appeared. thanks for the help.
  9. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #CyberDragonRevolution!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Oh wait, you're turning on the C-Gear from the continue menu (when it asks Turn on the C-Gear). That's a big no-no. That's why you aren't getting results.

Whose guide are you looking at, by the way?
  10. Agonist

Agonist He had seen it, felt its might, bent under
    is a Forum Moderator

Can anyone share the common ranges for parameters on BW using DS Phat/Lite, DSi (and DSi XL, if need be), and 3DS?
  11. MMX

MMX

If I have a Dream Radar frame of 10, should I advance 9 times and then collect the pokemon, or 10 times and collect the pokemon?

EDIT: I figured it out. I need to do it 9 times.
  12. FSLAR

FSLAR

The front page of this thread, and Princess Emily's guide. There was a third I used for reference as well but I don't recall its name. I think she mentioned it in her guide, but idk.
  13. religiousjedi

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=8893

Use PoJ's guide. It is the most complete regarding RNG Reporter. Princess Emily's guide isn't complete.
  14. FSLAR

FSLAR

Do I do the 128 steps before C-Gear/Entralink, or after Entralink? Also, I'm pretty sure about this but just to be sure, frame advancements happen when I'm in the entralink right? (e.g. say no to the pokemon once, use chatos, and then yes to the Pokemon when I'm 26 frames away)
  15. religiousjedi

If your IV frame is not 21, then you want to advance it with the 128 steps method. You do that once you enter Entralink. Best to do it not in the area where the Pokemon are, as they are treated as wandering NPCs and this can advance your PID frame.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but you may advance the IV frame by 26 if you refuse to take a Pokemon in the Entree Forest. This helps to get up to higher IV frames, but at the cost of increasing the PID frame every time you refuse to take a Poke (iirc by 2-3 frames).
  16. Fenix54

Fenix54

I cant't understand when the second's count ends on bw,can someone tell me when?
  17. trochy

trochy

Hi guys, I'm attempting my first RNG in an area with NPC's. My results are very consistent, but that's my problem - my real starting frame is four above my target frame and 36 above the calculated one. Do NPC's really mess with the frames that much? Should I just re-save over and over to try new "positions?" I'm really not sure how to go about this. Thanks!
  18. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

regarding what? For hitting a seed?

Yes, WNPCs can advance the PIDRNG that much. Are you in Nacrene City? Anyway, I assume you're mashing A as quickly as you can, so that's probably not going to do much for you. So yeah, try re-saving, and see if you can hit a frame below your target one.
  19. Fenix54

Fenix54

yes,for hitting a standard seed
  20. trochy

trochy

Route 14, so there aren't too many but I guess they're still screwing me up a lot. And yeah, I'm being as quick as possible with my button-pressing and menu-opening. I'll try re-saving then, hopefully this will work out! Thank you kindly!
  21. Onicon

Onicon

Can we Unova Link calibrate without the PPRNG?

And should we start the game with butten presses? We have heard that in BW you will have the higher Timer0 more often than without button presses. Is it the same with BW2?
  22. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

If you're using a DS Phat/Lite, start the game one second before your target time, DSi's are 1-3 seconds, and 3DS is 7-8 seconds earlier.

Afaik it's messed up on RNGR for the time being.

And for the umpteenth time, keypresses have nothing to do with your Timer0.

Data proving it:

Show Hide
  23. Fenix54

Fenix54

and on emulator?
  24. Agonist

is a Forum Moderator

No clue, only advice I can give you is to use an actual cart, it's actually quite a bit easier.

And I'm not saying that to spite you or anything, it's just easier to get your parameters + they're actually consistent, unlike flashcarts/emulators.
  25. zjz05

zjz05

Today I thought I'd try RNG on DSi. I never got around to it as I was fine RNGing on original DS.

So I calibrated and to my understanding the offset is different on DSi and it WAS as the actual time was 2 seconds as the RNG reporter says.

So I did the usual thing starting the game at -2 seconds instead of the usual -1 to hit my seed. (B/W shiny egg)

And after I wasted 2 hours using the -2 offset time trying to hit the right seed, I decided this is not working and I tried starting the game at -1 seconds and you know what, I got it first try.

Why is this? Am I just retarded thinking the offset time is 2? Because I searched around and found out that for 3DS the offset time is 8 and for DSi/XL the offset is either 1 or 2, and since RNG reporter said my offset time is 2 so...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)