5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

In Black2/White2, does the lv.40 Musketeer trio have the same IV as the lv.65 version, or will you be able to get different IV for the higher level?

Hi,
I've heard about RNG'ing the first time yesterday, read up a bit on it, and managed to do it easily in White after a few hours, with both wild pokemon and stationary. Haven't tried breeding yet.

Now I am trying to do it on Black 2, on the wondercard Keldeo, and I just can't make it work there.

I do realize that Black 2 has a lot more possibilities for timer0.
For example, my White has 2 timer0, C7A and C7B, but C7B almost never appears, so it was easy.
So far, I've done 20 calibrations on Black 2, and ended up with:
10EA: 6 times
10EC: 5 times
10E9: 4 times
10E8: 3 times
10EB: 2 times

So I generated a seed with the stats I wanted for 10EA and tried to hit that seed quite a few times.
However, the chatot pitches never matched.
I've tried 10 times, which should have hit 10EA at least once.

Neither do I see a possibility to confirm which seed I hit by the IVs if I choose to take the keldeo on the first frame, since the IVs are determined by the PIDRNG for wondercard pokemon, and I can't look up which seed I hit via the parameter finder like I would for normal pokemon who get their IVs from the marsenne twister rng.

Is it possible that the button combination my seed needed (UP+Start) screws up any timer0 calibration I did? I did them all without button presses.

You cannot confirm which seed you have not hit with Wondercard Pokemon, you can only confirm if you have hit your desired seed by listening to Chatots. They save a bit of time.
And do not forget that the Time Finder gives you the correct seed but the incorrect PID frame. The main window is correct about that.

Button presses do nothing to the Timer0.

Otherwise, you were well informed for a beginner. Very good.

So I probably didn't hit my 10EA timer0 in my 10 tries.
I don't think I can mess up the chatters, especially with this seed, since there are very easily recognizable patterns in the first 30 frames. (high-high-low-high-high-low-low-high, for example)

Maybe I am messing up the actual button presses?
I hold them in the ds main menu, until the game is at the nintendo logo, anything wrong with that?

Btw, what do you do if you get a seed that requires holding down? The menu goes to pictochat with that >_>

Can anybody give me a general opinion of how difficult rng abuse in b/w 2 is compared to b/w 1?

It's exactly the same except with more timer0's to deal with. You'll get trolled on average 4 out of 5 times. Everything else is exactly the same, with the sole exception of breeding, which is impossible due to a programing oversight.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You cannot confirm which seed you have not hit with Wondercard Pokemon, you can only confirm if you have hit your desired seed by listening to Chatots. They save a bit of time.
And do not forget that the Time Finder gives you the correct seed but the incorrect PID frame. The main window is correct about that.

Button presses do nothing to the Timer0.

Otherwise, you were well informed for a beginner. Very good.
You can't really check your seed by wondercard Pokémon but you can go and catch something in the wild. Preferably taking less than 128 steps. Then use the Adjacent Seed tool and use capture IVs.

Is the gothatelle event male only?
Yes, male only.

I now managed to get my 31-11-30-31-30-31 timid keldeo (hp ghost with power 70).

However, some things I still need to be clear about:

As mentioned, I did this on black 2.
The seed I used had a starting frame of 52, according to "calculate initial PIDRNG frame".
My target frame was 135 in the time finder, 133 in the RNG Reporter, which, according to my reading, is normal since it is black 2, which shifts it by 2.
I had the "B/W2" and "Memory Link" checkboxes checked, since I did use memory link.
However, the chatot pitch I actually heard first was frame 50 in RNG Reporter.

So, what's up here? WITHOUT the "B/W2"+"Memory Link" checkboxes, everything would be correct. Starting frame would be 49, so the first chatter I would hear would actually be frame 50.
Also, my target frame would be 135 just like in the time finder.

Also, the last chatot pitch I would have to hear to get my keldeo was frame 132, not 133.
I assume talking to the npc to get the keldeo advances the frame by 1? I screwed up one time I hit the seed by going 1 frame too far.

edit: If anyone wants to look in their own RNG Reporter, here's my settings to replicate:
DS Lite
id: 0
sid: 0
mac address: 1AE909AF27
vcount: 82
gxstat: 6
vframe: 6
timer0 min/max: 10EA
[x] Memory Link
Language: German
Game: Black 2
Seed: 4C74B609A0C99D8A

Frames are mentioned above.

So thanks to Hozu, I was able to get my SID from Pokecheck and start trying to RNG a shiny egg with perfect IVs. I can't seem to hit my shiny seed.

I got both parents in the right order, the mom with the Everstone. I went into the Time Finder and found a seed with a frame of 1 in the Shiny Egg tab. I had it setup to 50/50 Male Female, Adamant, and Ability 1. Year 2012 Then I went into Seed to Time. Year 2012, same seed entered. I entered the delay into EonTimer and the seconds. the time given was 2012 01 01 and 20:00:45. I put the 45 in the target Sec in Eon Timer.

In game I defeated Entei just because he's still roaming. Then I put both parents in the daycare, walked outside and saved.

Now I shut down the game, opened the DS time and date and set the date then the time. The time I set to 19:59 because EonTimer shows I should have a one minute delay. I hit the A to set the time and the stat button at the same time. Shutdown the DSi completely, turn it back on, launch the game when EonTimer hits 0 for the first time, then start my saved game when it hits zero again. I call Irwin because I've never had a pokemon with Pokerus. I've never hit my seed. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I forgot to mention I did sent my EonTimer to DSI from NDS. The seconds showing on EonTimer is 73:17 before it goes through the first time.

Any help on how to calibrate my EonTimer to fix this or anything else I might be doing wrong would be appreciated it. I was up way too late last night.

ID: 00869
SID: 14332
Seed: 2E14069A

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Er 19:59 isn't one minute before 20:20... you need to set it to 20:19. Next time, please ask in this thread for 3rd/4th gen stuff.

As for B/W2 wondercards, the starting frame being wrong has been an issue for a little while now. :/

Sorry I corrected it. It was supposed to be 20:00:45. Should I recreate the question there or can you help me on this one and then any future questions I'll put there :D

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
It would be a good idea to ask future questions in that thread yes. You should repeat the question there too if you still have some issues.

Also, the last chatot pitch I would have to hear to get my keldeo was frame 132, not 133.
I assume talking to the npc to get the keldeo advances the frame by 1? I screwed up one time I hit the seed by going 1 frame too far.
We don't exactly see what you did, but it looks normal. You first hear the pitch, then the frame advances.

Example:

57 - High (96)
58 - Mid (55)

When you hear High (96), you moved to frame 58. When you hear Mid (55), you are not on frame 58 anymore, but you moved to frame 59.

I am now trying to get the Black2 Latios.

I just happened to get a seed with a synchronizeable shiny frame on PIDRNG frame 158, so I thought I'd go for the shiny frame.

However, even though I'm completely sure that I hit the correct PIDRNG frame, the latios is not shiny.
I hit the seed 3 times, verified by chatter pitches (and later, the stats of the latios, which match the seed 100%).
All 3 times I followed through the complete chatters from starting frame to target (shiny) frame.
I know I hit the correct frame because the 5 frames before and the 3 frames after it are NOT synchronizable and the frame itself is SASSY. But I got my synchronized TIMID latios, so it seems something goes wrong with the shiny frame, but what?

If I read correctly, the SID is only required for shiny eggs, correct?
If yes, what else could be the problem?
Could the moving npc (already battled him :/) cause the frame to move in the instant moment between exiting the menu and taking the step towards latios? (don't think so since I just tried a non-synchro frame after hitting my seed and it was the predicted nature, with no other Relaxed one close)
Does synchronizing screw up the shiny, so I'd need a timid frame with shiny? (gotta take my 3.4GHZ dualcore few hours to find, I'd guess :D)

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Try again but switch out the sync lead and see what you get with the same advances. Or something. Or use characteristics as well (right-click on the main window results for that).

Without the synch lead, I get the exact Latios on that frame: Sassy, somewhat in vain. But it's still not shiny.

Gotta have to ask again; the secret trainer id (SID) is only required for rnging shiny eggs?
Because I've neither got an action replay, nor the ability to go online with the same ip on both DS and computer, so no way to use pokecheck.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm a bit confused by this. What do you mean by RNG breeding is impossible in BW2? Are other RNG abuse possible, then (like RNG catch)?
Gamefreak botched the code for eggs in BW2, so it's impossible to RNG them. Every other type of RNG is still possible (though C-Gear seeds no longer exist).

I recently had to switch over to a Macbook so I have to use PPRNG now. I am quite familiar with RNG reporter. My question involves rng'ing roamers in Black/White 1.

I understand with RNG reporter, I have to catch a thundurus with the IVs and nature I want (which I have done with RNG reporter before), and use the frame of the thundurus I catch in Pandoras box by inputting the seed and frame. Then I would abuse the IDS of my game so that the next time I do the exact same advances for thundurus, it appears shiny.

I am just wondering, is the PPRNG equivalent of Pandorra's box, Trainer ID searcher?
If so, would it basically follow thru with the same process as RNG reporter?

I am trying to RNG a naive Cobalion in White 2 and I get the right IV spread, but the nature is off. How can I ensure that I get the right nature?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)