1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!
  4. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. religiousjedi

religiousjedi brb, drowning another lousy, evil cat (Litten).
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'm assuming you let the seasons screen fade away. When that screen is up, the backpacker can still move around. In any case, best thing to do would be to check your shifted starting PID frame. Simply engage battle with Terrakion once you gain control of your character (best not to use your Sync when doing this), capture it and compare the result, and then you'll be able to determine how many advancements you need. If your ear is attuned, you can pick up the sequence of Chatot cries/pitches to see what frame you're on.
  2. Onicon

Onicon

We though so. Luckily, it has turned out that the most common Timer0 10E9 appears 50% of the times, in contrast to the two most common Timer0 of our W2 10E9 and 10EA which appear 20% of the times respectively.
  3. GSP

GSP

No, I press A at the seasons screen. And I'll try doing what you said (and my ear is highly trained so I can tell what Chatot pitch I'm on).
  4. klock

klock

Hey guys, I have a couple questions. I want to RNG my members for B2W2 and transfer them over, and one of my wanted member is a Braviary. As far as I know, I can't breed it with the DW ability since it is 100% male. As far as I know, the only way to get it is by Entralink RNG, but what level will it be at if I obtain it through that method?

By any chance, is there another method of getting a low-level Rufflet with Defiant ability in Black/White (not 2)?
  5. religiousjedi

religiousjedi brb, drowning another lousy, evil cat (Litten).
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Rufflet is not available in Entralink/Dream World. If you have White 2, you can catch a Braviary with its DW ability, Lv. 25. Otherwise, no other way.

Edit: well, aside from trading someone else for it.
  6. klock

klock

Crap.. I ordered the second sequel solely for Braviary but I thought Black 2 had it and ordered it instead.. meh thanks for the answer :(
  7. Psiiionic

Psiiionic

How do you RNG ENTRALINK pokes in B2 or W2? Is there a guide around by any chance?
  8. Redtype

Redtype

Hey, had a break from RNGing for a while now, and I need a quick reminder on a few things:

1. When I interact with a stationary Pokemon in BW2, the PID frame advances by 2, right?

2. Is the IV spread generated from the frame I'm currently "on" or the following one? Say, if RNG Reporter shows my target spread at IV Frame 5, do I have to advance my frame to frame 5 or frame 4?
  9. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Religiousjedi has a guide in the second post here for B2/W2 Entralink RNG abuse. It's for PPRNG, but you may find it helpful even if you're using RNG Reporter.
  10. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

No, you have to be on the frame before target. That applies to both questions.
  11. Onicon

Onicon

Frame before the target for stationaries? Pretty confident answer it is.

In fact, when we caught the stationaries and gifts, it takes the present PID frame into consideration. There had been a few exceptions where we had to be on hte frame before the target: Shiny Haxorus, Shiny Gible/Dratini, Amanita's Eevee.
    The first ones are forced shinies, the latter one is a forced male, which seems to advance the PID by 1. Don't ask about Reshiram and Zekrom yet, those had been one of the first of our projects and we don't remember correctly, but stay with us as we are about to check that.
  12. Agonist

Agonist The day the world went away
    is a Forum Moderator

Reshiram and Zekrom are the same as BW1, which means you hit the frame you want, and that's what you'll get.
  13. Blootix

Blootix

Is there a way to get Pokerus easily by RNG abuse?
  14. GSP

GSP

Question! Do waterfalls/moving water affect the frames in any sort of way? (IV or PID)
  15. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

16. GSP

GSP

Alrighty. Thanks
  17. PhoenixClaw

PhoenixClaw

I am trying to RNG Cacturne in the exterior of Reversal Mountain in black 2. Is there anyway to remove the sandstorm?
  18. Onicon

Onicon

It looks like there is no sandstorm in winter (April, August, December).
  19. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

How exactly would I use EonTimer when trying to find my parameters via IVs on a DSi/3DS? Do I just pick a random value as my target second, input that into both EonTimer's "Target Seconds" field and RNG Reporter's "DS Parameter Finder" feature, then start the game and capture a Pokémon to check the IVs of when the timer expires?
  20. Princess Emily

Princess Emily Fear the nice-smelling Princess!

Nah, it's inconclusive...
    Since there are even sandstorms depending on the date of those months.
    Just test if some dates have weather or not.
  21. Onicon

Onicon

We have problems to comprehend the last parts but we can sum everything up step-by-step. Configure the Parameter Searcher first (game, DS type, MAC adress)

1. Pick a random time, like 13:13:30 - 30 is the target second. Use them in the timer and as the calibration parameter.
    2. Reset the DS clock and run the timer at the same time. Go to the main menu; when the timer runs out, press A to enter the game.
    3. Catch a Pokemon and verify its IVs.
    4. Enter the IVs in the Parameter Searcher, then search. When you don't get a result, increase or decrease the second one by one until you find a result (you usually don't need to, really).
    5. Look at the result, especially under "Actual Seconds" - that's when the game really starts.

The RNG Reporter gives you the time the game has to start, so you have to match the timer with the booting process. For example, in the case we have 30 on the EonTimer and 32 as the actual second (hypothetically), we obviously have to set the timer two seconds before our desired time.
  22. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius

Pokérus is decided at the end of battle so no, not possible on retail. Details will not be given due to the fact that battle RNG mechanics knowledge is kept secret.
  23. klock

klock

So with the new Everstone changes to B2W2, I can just let one of the parent with the desire nature hold Everstone and just worry about RNG'ing for IV, is this right?
  24. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

RNG breeding is completely impossible in BW2, period. For non-RNG breeding, though, that could help you.
  25. Sparko33

Sparko33

How do I go about RNG'ing for a Cave spot pokemon?
    I'm trying to RNG for an Excadrill on F1 of Victory road. I hit my seed and do the chatters, walk until a dust cloud pops up but its always a gem :/

what am I doing wrong?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)