5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a quick question, if I use the same game and save file but a different 3ds, will my parameters be different?
Yes. At the very least the MAC address would be different, but the other parameters would (most likely) change too.

Does anyone know if the IVRNG advances during battles?

I tried it on emulator with a lua script I found via google, but I can't tell if the script is broken or if it actually advances with a physical cart.

I am trying to RNG manipulate a wild encounter from a NEW save file (level 4 Lillipup).

Does anyone know if the IVRNG advances during battles?

I tried it on emulator with a lua script I found via google, but I can't tell if the script is broken or if it actually advances with a physical cart.

I am trying to RNG manipulate a wild encounter from a NEW save file (level 4 Lillipup).
I believe it does(i.e. the script isn't broken). You just need to match your sweet scenting/when you encounter the pokemon with the frame iirc.

Where can I find a working RNG reporter?

I Found one with reddit.com = RNGReporter 9.96.6 ALPHA but every time I want to make a profile an error occures. (when i close the profiles map)

I just starting RNG, please help me?

So I've been wondering, is Dream Radar RNG still possible, if so is there a guide for it? I've only seen the guides for the one on mac, not on windows.

.com

Grumpy old man
So I've been wondering, is Dream Radar RNG still possible, if so is there a guide for it? I've only seen the guides for the one on mac, not on windows.
This is still possible. Windows Guide located here (credit to HeroOfTheWinds from Nugget Bridge).

Note: this may require a little bit of maths and understanding (as I believe you are required to use the "Researcher" window of RNGReporter).

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
As a supplement, there's also RGNer Aaron's guide, found here

I've also made a few calculators to assist with the math portion of it (found here). At the very least it should offer a way to check you're work since you only get 1 shot :). No complaints about it being wrong yet XD

Going to be RNGing a Nagoya Magikarp and I'm really confused.

Since it will always be shiny, do I need to look for the nature on the frame after my target frame? Do I need to subtract 3 after the whole target frame- initial frame business?

And does talking to the delivery guy advance the frame by 1?

I swear, each guide says something different. .. :/

is there a way to tell whether you hit your timer0 by looking at the starting position of the clock when saving? using RNG reporter, not PPRNG

is there a way to tell whether you hit your timer0 by looking at the starting position of the clock when saving? using RNG reporter, not PPRNG
I don't think so. Just catch a poke or whatever and check the ivs. If the ivs are right then you hit the right timer0 if not then try again. What game are you using? Cos if your using black/white then you should only have to deal with two timer0's so they shouldn't be a problem.

Using white 2, and I'm talking about the spinners. Isn't there a set of numbers I can get the RNG reporter to show me that correspond to the starting position of the spinner when I save? I think this was for dream radar RNG but wondering if it works for wild capture well.

Using white 2, and I'm talking about the spinners. Isn't there a set of numbers I can get the RNG reporter to show me that correspond to the starting position of the spinner when I save? I think this was for dream radar RNG but wondering if it works for wild capture well.
Iirc, the spinner is for Dream Radar RNG only. The number represents what position the spinner is in if you're using the Mac version.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Iirc, the spinner is for Dream Radar RNG only. The number represents what position the spinner is in if you're using the Mac version.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the spinner advances the PID Frame in general, so can be useful for determining timer0.
I guess if you used the researcher to determine possible spinner spins, and you were able to match them, you'd know if you hit your timer0.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Actually, I'm pretty sure the spinner advances the PID Frame in general, so can be useful for determining timer0.

I guess if you used the researcher to determine possible spinner spins, and you were able to match them, you'd know if you hit your timer0.
Researcher, that's what I was looking for. Thanks
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the seed reset after exiting Unova Link?

does it only work while in unova link? i can't just save in game regularley and look at the spinne? I guess that's what I was asking in the first place, if it doesn't work that way then it's fine.

for shaking grass RNG, where do I get the encounter slots?

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
does it only work while in unova link? i can't just save in game regularley and look at the spinne? I guess that's what I was asking in the first place, if it doesn't work that way then it's fine.

for shaking grass RNG, where do I get the encounter slots?
The shaking (and other similar types) encounter slots are included in the spreadsheet (thanks for uploading, shiny finder, won't tag you for a change) HERE.
Just click on the game in question, and along the bottom you will see "Shaking" or "Shakingspot" (and/or "Surf Spot").

I'm afraid I can't answer your question for the spinner, I have not seen any resources suggesting that it works the way you're asking about; however I can say that it isn't necessary for it to work that way. One can simply confirm your seed via Chatot calls, roamer locations, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)