5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I finally hit my seed. I'm trying to find my PID for the seed, but the inheritance is the same for PID frame 54 and 56.

Seed: B0819BBBDBE4B2A7
Date: 1 / 3 / 2011
Time: 16:50:09
Inheritance: x / Ma / x / Fe / x / Ma
PID: FAEDB5F8
Shiny Frame: 181
IVs: 3 / 23 / 20 / 30 / 31 / 31
Baby IVs: 3 / 20 / 20 / 30 / 31 / 31

Timid Ditto w/Everstone: 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31
Timid Male Shelmet: 31 / 20 / 31 / 2 / 31 / 16
What is your question? That's how breeding works if there's duplicate inherited IVs. It's up to you which one to choose.

==

Centaur101
Maximize the window, even my netbook can see everything on its 11" screen.

==

If it was inaccurate it wouldn't be in the current version, or people would have complained earlier...
Be sure to calibrate, that only tells you the bare minimum of what you can hit.

What is your question? That's how breeding works if there's duplicate inherited IVs. It's up to you which one to choose.

==

Centaur101
Maximize the window, even my netbook can see everything on its 11" screen.

==

If it was inaccurate it wouldn't be in the current version, or people would have complained earlier...
Be sure to calibrate, that only tells you the bare minimum of what you can hit.
Maximizing the window gives the same result. It seems there are many functions to display but the computer screen can't fit it all. Whether it's maximized, or custom sized that right side of the screen does NOT open or stretch further...

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Maximizing the window gives the same result. It seems there are many functions to display but the computer screen can't fit it all. Whether it's maximized, or custom sized that right side of the screen does NOT open or stretch further...
You need less than 8 inches horizontally to see the entirety of Time Finder.

Stop running RNG Reporter on your phone.

My question was intended for someone who could help me with this problem,
anyone who is reading this and can offer me a suggestion. Please feel free to do so.

The current situation is: I'm using RNG Reporter 9.77 on a Windows XP computer.
Time finder window does not fully stretch, or open on the right side. Leaving out Nature and Ability from being seen from top to bottom.

Any tips will help.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My question was intended for someone who could help me with this problem,
anyone who is reading this and can offer me a suggestion. Please feel free to do so.

The current situation is: I'm using RNG Reporter 9.77 on a Windows XP computer.
Time finder window does not fully stretch, or open on the right side. Leaving out Nature and Ability from being seen from top to bottom.

Any tips will help.
Kaphotics is right. It stretches out to the size of your screen, and if your screen is too small, then all you can do is use the scrollbar at the bottom.

Pokemon Black
Seed: D79F43D48579D0EE Initial Frame 1 (4/9/2096) 22:23:56 (I delay by one second)
Timer C7B-C7C Starting PID: 46 (confirmed)
What I'm going for: A shiny Venipede in Lostlorn Forest, at a frame of 654 at an ESV of 5 and should be Lv 20 with Swarm and most likely male.
Yet, I am getting a Cottonee, Lv 20 Male Naive of the correct spread with its second ability, and since it is Lv 20 it is ESV of 2. I searched the nearby PIDs but couldn't find a match, and I went all the way from 654 to the 400's.
Method of frame advancement: Turning in place.
I don't have Chatots, so please don't tell me to go use them. I just need to know what PID frame I am getting.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can't. The rain advances the RNG 120 frames\second, which will definitely cause some huge skips. What you could try is using a precise timer, and increment it a 60th of a second every time you check. That assumes your fingers move quickly enough to hit it precisely.

Also note that if you try this, it will skip every other frame.
The third post says 60 per second, and that was what I had been assuming. So 120 is correct?

Hey all

Need a bit of help with this whole RNG thing. I have figured out the whole IVframe and PIDframe advancement thing but have recently experienced something I cant explain and would love an explanation on what has happened.

For reference here are my details-

White English
DS Lite
MAC: 00-16-56-49-7A-A4
Timer0: C7F
VCount: 60
VFrame: 8

TID: 15492
SID: 08847

Seed: D7581D6253D0C768

I have been practicing hitting the seed and have managed to consistently hit it so I decided to go for the shiny (located on PIDFrame 77).

So I began figuring out the natures for 3 PIDFrames to find the Initial PIDFrame.

0 Chatots: Modest
1 Chatot: Bashful
2 Chatot: Modest

Note: I hit the seed every time as I verified the IVs.

I could not find this sequence in my list for that seed so I decided I would try to find the sequence again. So I hit the seed again and did a wild encounter with 0 Chatots once again however this time the shiny appeared!

I have no idea how this has happened and would love some clarification.

Im doing my encounters on Unova Route 13 with no moving NPCs on screen if that helps.

Also I am using PPRNG for mac.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Gonna RNG Abuse the Espeon I won, will comeback if I have any problems, wish me luck :D
If it turns out I don't get the nature I want, will the Pokemon stay on my party if I have a open space. Will SR in the DW mess anythin' up with my game (yeah I know, silly question, I'm assumin' it won't xD), like causin' the pokemon I caught to disappear?

EDIT: Just found out they won't be available yet ^^; I'll just RNG some other DW poke then =P

So I've got a bitchin' 31 spread on frame 25, and I'm looking to catch Zekrom.

It's roughly 140 steps from the PC in N's Castle to Zekrom, and there are no moving NPCs on the way. Can I move three Pokémon into my party (+21) and then, with three Pokémon in my party, run to Zekrom and land on 25? (Assuming the 128 step thing doesn't trigger twice.)

edit: Yes, you can. :D First try, Synchronize worked. Jolly 31/31/31/31/31/31 Zekrom. :D Now, to do it again without using my Masterball. :o
~Uiru

Yes it does. It doesn't matter whether NPCs are on-screen or off-screen, they'll still affect your frame.
Ah k. Successfully RNGd a couple of shinies in dead areas so am getting the hang of it now.

Does this mean there cant be any moving NPCs in the entire area that you are in or is there a certain distance from them that they wont effect your frame advancement?

I want to try and get the hang of breeding next. As there are moving NPCs outside the daycare centre, is it best to advance the frames inside the day care centre first and then pick the egg up or is it better to just do it in front of the man?

How does exiting buildings effect your IV/PIDframe if at all?

Any tips for RNG breeding would be much appreciated!

NPCs in the same area, no matter how far away you are.
Different floors of caves count as different areas for this purpose (so B1F of Chargestone is safe, for example)

I want to try and get the hang of breeding next. As there are moving NPCs outside the daycare centre, is it best to advance the frames inside the day care centre first and then pick the egg up or is it better to just do it in front of the man?

How does exiting buildings effect your IV/PIDframe if at all?

Any tips for RNG breeding would be much appreciated!
Check out Tesseraction's RNG breeding guide. I find that it works better if you save in front of the man and hit X rapidly to bring up the menu as soon you enter the game. From there you can use your chatot(s) to advance the PID frame then exit the menu and receive the egg as quickly as possible (mash A).

NPCs in the same area, no matter how far away you are.
Different floors of caves count as different areas for this purpose (so B1F of Chargestone is safe, for example)
Yeah, and Route 13 is full of random moving NPCs. I'm amazed he even hit that shiny frame.

I've found that if you are worried about random moving NPCs, check to see if they can be battled. If so, you can temporarily stop them from moving after the battle is done. You obviously have to have your Chatot and Sweet Scenter in your party when you do that. Otherwise you will have to leave the area. That will then reset those NPCs.

Pokemon Black
Seed: D79F43D48579D0EE Initial Frame 1 (4/9/2096) 22:23:56 (I delay by one second)
Timer C7B-C7C Starting PID: 46 (confirmed)
What I'm going for: A shiny Axew in Mistralton Cave, at a frame of 654 at an ESV of 5 and should be Lv 30 with Mold Breaker (Ability 2) and male.
Yet, I am getting a Woobat, Lv 30 Quiet of the correct spread with its second ability, and since it is Lv 30 it is ESV of 3. I searched the nearby PIDs but couldn't find a match, and I went all the way from 654 to the 400s, and even the 900s.
Method of frame advancement: Turning in place.
I don't have Chatots, so please don't tell me to go use them. I just need to know what PID frame I am getting

anyone have any clues on how to avoid the fog around the Giant Chasm to catch different natured dittos. i heard people did it somewhere

anyone have any clues on how to avoid the fog around the Giant Chasm to catch different natured dittos. i heard people did it somewhere
I read somewhere that on the player's birthday day the fog disappears, but I don't know if it does in the giant chasm.

p.s. I don't know if this is how those people were able to get those dittos, I don't think so.

As far as I know you can't avoid the fog. You just have to find a seed for the IVs you want and keep walking and hope you encounter a ditto before walking 128 steps. Of course their are ways to maximize the probability of encountering a ditto. You can walk in tall grass, find your starting PID frame and only aim for Ditto PID frames (By keeping track of what frame you're on in RNG reporter as you walk). Using a synchronizer helps too. If you aim for every ditto PID frame and none result in an encounter in under 128 steps then you'll just have to find another seed. I recommend using a IV frame 1 seed so you only have to do PID advances.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
For DW, I have to do C-Gear abuse, I knew that already. But, for what frame will I be looking? And I'm having 2 timer, what do I do when the first timer runs out, and what if the second runs out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)