5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hey guys I'm having some problems with RNG Reporter 9.81 and the iv inheritance.
I was RNGing (via breeding BW international) a 30/31/30/30/30/30 Shiny Modest Flash Fire Litwik with a seed that gave 9/11/9/30/30/30. The parents were a jap hexaflawless ditto and a female 30/31/30/31/30/30 Litwik. The ditto had a everstone attached. RNG Reporter said I should get a Shiny Male Modest Flash Fire 30/31/30/30/30/30 on PID frame 97,98,99.

I figured out my starting frame and then advanced to my target frame (98) via Chatot Cries. Hatched my egg. Offspring was a Shiny Male Modest Flash Fire Litwik like I was aiming for. I thought sweet saved my game, loaded up my AR and went to look at the AR. Ivs turned out to be 31/31/31/30/30/30. I reset the parents on RNG Reporter and had a look at what the ivs inheritance were. RNG Reporter said HP Atk and Def were inherited from the male.

Now I was lead to believe from someone on GFaqs that the ditto always acted as the female in iv inheritance even if the other pokemon was a female. I've RNG breeded alot of other pokemon and never had this problem before but maybe the ditto becomes the male when the other pokemon is a female? I don't know but this is the only option I can see that would explain my ivs. Can anyone confirm this for me?

And yes I had Ditto Parent ticked.
Ditto is considered the opposite gender so in your case Ditto is the male.

I found seed with shiny frame 70, F ability 0, nature impish (i used everstone)
I found my SF for sure, advanced to shiny.... and nothing. Right gender, ability, IVs, but not shiny,
Whats the prob?

Okay, this is really weird.

I'm RNGing Tornadus in my English Black. Like this guide suggested, I took a Golbat with one speed point less (115) than a max Spd Timid Tornadus (116) to help me determine whether he's got the right nature or not.

But the thing is, I caught the Tornadus a few times to check whether I've got the IVs right, and it turns out that my 115 Speed Golbat outsped 116 Speed Naive Tornadus!

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on? I thought the "badge boosts" were removed back in 4th gen...

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently roamers now have -1 priority when running away. Thanks trollfreak.

lol you misunderstand the PIDRNG

the starting PID frame will never be 1, it be around from 39-59, to check you starting pid frame on the main window choose method 5 PIDRNG and copy the full seed and paste it in the main window then click calculate PIDRNG to find your starting frame

eggs have a shifted starting frame cause of those damn NPC's

edit: damn someone beat me to it lol
If eggs have a shifting starting frame, how do you figure it out?

So I'm trying to abuse my TID/SID in White. In Kaphotic's instructions he says take the TID you receive when you start the game and input it into Pandora's box, then:

"Subtract the frame value you get back from the one listed in your previous search to find out how many times you need to say ‘No’ to Juniper when she asks you your name."

So...could someone explain the first bit? What frame value is he talking about? I'll post a SS:

The TID I recieved was 00243 btw. Where do I input that in? Then what do I click? My first time doing this so yeah.

The frame for the PID I'm going for is 79, adamant. The initial frame after capturing a poke a couple times was 74.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Really, most people are C7E-C7F? My calibration on a different DS was C7C, and for a friend, it was C79. Weird...

Thanks for your help. I'm continuing calibration, and C7C seems to be the most common for me with this DS/cart.
no, what you're getting is absolutely normal. anything within the range given in reporter is normal. the fact that a bunch of people in here own dses that are from the same batch/es has nothing to do with it.

I'm trying to capture a shiny Excadrill from Giant Chasm.

My target
seed is B5FD5FB518D0A0DA
target frame is 7
MAC Adress is 001EA9D354D8

After I do the necessary steps to advance the IV frame by 6 (2x128 steps as I have 3 'mons in my party) and enter a shaking spot I get a Jolly female lv47 Sand Force Excadrill with the correct IVs. And with the same running + 1 save I get a Naughty female lv47 Sand Force Excadrill with correct IVs. I'm pretty sure these are the PID frames for those two

593 1 54C5802F Jolly 1 F M F F
594 1 07BD3979 Naughty 1 F M M F

And the PID frame I'm trying to hit is

602 5 79DA0A83 !!! Hasty 0 M M M F

I've tried to hit it 5 times now, either turning 4 times + saving once or saving 9 times, but all I get is a Dragon Gem. :/

I don't know how these shaking spots actually work, so my guestion is: Is it even possible for me to get something else than a Dragon Gem from this PID frame (602)?
the item or encounter calc is done via the pid rng. if you got a dragon gem once on a given frame, it will always be a dragon gem.

OK, so I'm trying to catch a Litwick in Celestial Tower using C-Gear RNG. I hit an adjacent seed of F816A409 with a delay of 2502. Do I subtract this delay with the -95 in EonTimer?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
OK, so I'm trying to catch a Litwick in Celestial Tower using C-Gear RNG. I hit an adjacent seed of F816A409 with a delay of 2502. Do I subtract this delay with the -95 in EonTimer?
Put it in the "Delay Hit" box and hit Update. It'll automatically adjust the calibration for you.

Oh, I'm still trying to hit seeds that are close to the delay I hit. Thing is, the No IVs Found box keeps popping up when I try to find seeds close to it.

So I'm trying to abuse my TID/SID in White. In Kaphotic's instructions he says take the TID you receive when you start the game and input it into Pandora's box, then:

"Subtract the frame value you get back from the one listed in your previous search to find out how many times you need to say ‘No’ to Juniper when she asks you your name."

So...could someone explain the first bit? What frame value is he talking about? I'll post a SS:

The TID I recieved was 00243 btw. Where do I input that in? Then what do I click? My first time doing this so yeah.

The frame for the PID I'm going for is 79, adamant. The initial frame after capturing a poke a couple times was 74.
New page.

Edit: The highlighted seed in Pandora's Box is the ID/SID I'm aiming for.

Are you seriously asking where you input the ID you received...? How about you try inputting it where it says "ID Received?" Come one now, it's quite obvious.
Then input all the other info and click "find seed hit." Follow the rest of the guide from there.

you take the TID you receive when you start the game and input it into Pandora's box to see which frame you hit then you take the tid/Sid frame you chose and minus it from the seed you hit to find out how much time you need to say no
e.g. the TID frame you hit is 36 and the one you want to hit is on 67 then
67-36=31 so you need to say no 31 times to get the TID/SID you want as long as you hit your seed, timer 0 fluctuates throwing you off too

I wasn't sure which box to put it in since there's 2 ID boxes and not sure which button to hit. I've never done this before so cut me some slack.

Are you supposed to change the max frame under "Seed Finder" to your max frame you put for the parameters? Cause I have 3 different results, so I just pick the lowest frame?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh, I'm still trying to hit seeds that are close to the delay I hit. Thing is, the No IVs Found box keeps popping up when I try to find seeds close to it.
Are your search terms wide enough, and are you getting high level Pokémon so that you can have accurate IVs? Anyway, once you start finding the delay you're hitting, just keep putting it in and updating until you consistently get within 5 or so of your target. Then you just have to keep trying until you get lucky.

Can you RNG in-game trade pokemon? I mean, would they count as gift pokemon or something? The specific case I'm thinking of is the munchlax trade for Cinccino in Undella Town during Summer.

Can you RNG in-game trade pokemon? I mean, would they count as gift pokemon or something? The specific case I'm thinking of is the munchlax trade for Cinccino in Undella Town during Summer.
I definitely think not. A pokémons IVs are already predetermined before I trade. Hence why people here trade good IVd pokémon ;)

Can the Secret Egg Pidove/Axew/Pansage be RNG'd? I'm just wondering since it seems like a unique case, being that you get an egg of 1 of 3 different species, who has 1 set IV and 5 random IVs.

Also, is the species set when you receive the WonderCard, or not until you pick it up (meaning that you can reset/RNG for the species you want)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)