5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok guys thanks to everyone who helped me.
My problem WAS with the timer0...I changed it in the DS parameters to the one I was getting most common...and after a couple of tries I got the Frillish I wanted...(ironically, I didn't even have to advance the PID frames to get the nature I want with this timer0 -.-')

So thanks again you helpful, helpful person! :D

edit: people* :P
Congrats. It's always great to see a person persevere through their problems and finally succeed. RNGing will mostly be easy now you've sorted this out.

I'm searching RNGReporter for a Wondercard seed so I can RNG the Snarl Zoroark event. I want all flawless IVs. I'm put in a min of 55 and max of 60 just as the guide says. I searched using 1 keypress and 3 keypresses but I'm not getting any results. What am I doing wrong? Not one seed is coming up for me to use.

Sure that works. There's nothing wrong. You're just searching for hex flawless which is obviously really unlikely so that's why you're not getting results. Expand your search (200+ Chatot flips isn't difficult) and be more patient.
Don't forget he's RNGing a non-shiny, fixed-nature wonder card. Using 3 key-presses and a max of 100 PID frames, I found 41 usable hex flawless seeds for Zoruark in the current month, and just as many HP Ice 31/30/30/31/31/31 wonder card seeds on my other game..

It's quite different to RNGing a regular pokemon, much simpler.

So min of 55, max of 100, and 3 keypresses?
The minimum is determined by the initial PIDRNG frame, which you have to subtract from the PIDRNG frame Reporter gives you to get your starting frame.
So you can search a bit lower, but the lower you go, the less likely you are to get a seed which is usable.

BTW, a handy place to pick up wonder card pokemon is in the Pokemon Centre just before the Elite 4, as there are no wandering NPCs there.

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm finding results now. So I just hit my seed as normal and I do have to chatter instead of walking 128 steps?

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I'm trying to RNG my Tornadus:
I reactivated Tornadus. When am I supposed to advance the necessary frames? How am I supposed to encounter him after I advance my frames without advancing my IV frame?

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm finding results now. So I just hit my seed as normal and I do have to chatter instead of walking 128 steps?
Yes it's completely PIDRNG-based. You simply find your starting PID frame and advance to your target PID frame by viewing Chatot's summary. There's no IV Frames involved.

Hi this may be off topic but I'm trying to find a flawless synchronizable seed on my heartgold game (gen 4) to abuse my ID/SID on. I find many flawless seeds but none of them are syncable. This is really weird as all these flawless seeds have the same gender. Also, when I change the IV specifications and set all the IVs to 0, there are still no synchronizable seeds at all. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Hi this may be off topic but I'm trying to find a flawless synchronizable seed on my heartgold game (gen 4) to abuse my ID/SID on. I find many flawless seeds but none of them are syncable. This is really weird as all these flawless seeds have the same gender. Also, when I change the IV specifications and set all the IVs to 0, there are still no synchronizable seeds at all. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
This thread is for 5th Gen RNG abuse, as said in the threads title. You should ask it here.

Okay, so I am having some difficulties Breeding Perfect Pokes, and would like just a small kick-in the butt to get me started. My problem? I have no clue on what to do.

I am using PPRNG version 1.0.5, and am using an intel based Macbook Pro, Snow Leopard. I am trying to breed a Timid Deino, with Dark Pulse and everything 31 IV's, except for Atk(I don't really care about the attack stat, only Sp Atk). I have two Deino(One Male, and one Female). Their IV's are as follows:

Deino(F), Timid@Everstone
IVs: 17/24/31/25/10/18

Deino(M), Adamant w/Dark Pulse Egg move
IVs: 30/14/31/31/31/18

After watching RNG videos by bearsfan, I managed to Standard RNG abuse Wild Pokemon and Stationaries, but I don't know how to RNG abuse Eggs, or Gift Pokes. I got up to the part where I have 5 Pokes in my party, including a Chatot with Chatter, and have a Deino egg ready, and am saved in front of the old man. After this part, I don't know what to do. So, can anybody help, please?

P.S: I don't want a Shiny Deino, just a flawless one

Okay, so I am having some difficulties Breeding Perfect Pokes, and would like just a small kick-in the butt to get me started. My problem? I have no clue on what to do.

I am using PPRNG version 1.0.5, and am using an intel based Macbook Pro, Snow Leopard. I am trying to breed a Timid Deino, with Dark Pulse and everything 31 IV's, except for Atk(I don't really care about the attack stat, only Sp Atk). I have two Deino(One Male, and one Female). Their IV's are as follows:

Deino(F), Timid@Everstone
IVs: 17/24/31/25/10/18

Deino(M), Adamant w/Dark Pulse Egg move
IVs: 30/14/31/31/31/18

After watching RNG videos by bearsfan, I managed to Standard RNG abuse Wild Pokemon and Stationaries, but I don't know how to RNG abuse Eggs, or Gift Pokes. I got up to the part where I have 5 Pokes in my party, including a Chatot with Chatter, and have a Deino egg ready, and am saved in front of the old man. After this part, I don't know what to do. So, can anybody help, please?

P.S: I don't want a Shiny Deino, just a flawless one
Okay, first you need to find a seed. Go to your capture tab, change the min and max frame boxes to 8, Method to Breeding (BW), Encounter Type to Gift Pokemon, your target ivs to 31/x/31/31/31/31, and click generate. Once you have a seed, copy and paste it just like you do for captures but change your Method to Breeding (BW), set your everstone nature, click calculate initial PID frame, and then click generate. You will need to look for a PID frame that has your desired nature and only has Ma or Fe in the stats that the respective parent shares with your target ivs. (Me: Atk, Def, SpA, SpD. Fe: Atk, Def). Now you only need to find you actual starting frame since there are NPCs. If you've done it for wild captures it works the same here except that your Everstone will make a lot of frames look very similar. Start your game at your target time and get to the menu ASAP. Then back out and grab the egg quickly, hatch it, and compare it to your PID list. I tend to land about four past what RNG Reporter calculates. Once you know your starting frame and your target frame, it's just a matter of hitting your seed and chattering up. Sorry this was long but I tried to include everything. Good luck.

I'm doing a capture in 5th Gen instead of a breed after who knows how long, but it looks like I remember everything, and I'm trying to capture a nonshiny Quiet Duosion at Route 9. The only problem is, no matter how many times I hit my seed, no matter how many times I change seeds (completely different dates, completely different months, years), no matter whether or not I exit a building to change the season, it is always, always Poochyena, which has to be a swarm as it's a nonUnova Pokemon and not on the encounter slots. The swarm never seems to shift location. I know from experience that when I have a problem it is usually something minor or something I'm doing wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is this time. Can anyone help?

I'm doing a capture in 5th Gen instead of a breed after who knows how long, but it looks like I remember everything, and I'm trying to capture a nonshiny Quiet Duosion at Route 9. The only problem is, no matter how many times I hit my seed, no matter how many times I change seeds (completely different dates, completely different months, years), no matter whether or not I exit a building to change the season, it is always, always Poochyena, which has to be a swarm as it's a nonUnova Pokemon and not on the encounter slots. The swarm never seems to shift location. I know from experience that when I have a problem it is usually something minor or something I'm doing wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is this time. Can anyone help?
Have you tried, letting the date roll over, switch routes, go back, save, and try again?

What I mean by the date rolling over. Change your DS time to whatever date, 23:59:00.
Get in the game, let it change days, and see if that helps at all.

I haven't tried that, but it's definitely worth a shot.

EDIT: That didn't work unfortunately, but I ended up finding a seed where it didn't matter. I guess it was just bad luck, bad seeds. Thanks for the help anyhow.

On what months does it rain on route 7?

EDIT: I used the PID%6 method and I need help to interpret my results.

Seed: FD6197114B16268C
Date: 10/2/2021
Time: 12:03:01
Frame: 1812
Keypress: A-Start-X
Nature: Timid
IVs: 30/23/30/31/31/31

What I got:
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
IVs: 30/23/30/31/31/31

I've pulled up the info on Researcher, and I know that Modest's nature number is 15. It says in the Roamer Guide that no weather months are in October, which is the month of my seed. Does that mean I should start my search within frames 550-750 for my SSF?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)