5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok I think this is the place to ask.

I'm new to RNG and have been trying to find my DS parameters so I can get started. I did everything correctly, put in my information, sweet scented a pokemon, caught it and found its ivs. I put the ivs in PPRNG and came up with two possible results.

Now the PPRNG guide says that I should use the one that is about 1 second off from the time that I put in (10:25:30) but the problem is that both results have the same time of (10:25:31) so I don't know which one to use.

Here are the two results for anyone that can help me

46BFB2DC3E402708 10:25:31 C85 60 6

C3A63524F80A7B24 10:25:31 C6D 6F D

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Ok I think this is the place to ask.

I'm new to RNG and have been trying to find my DS parameters so I can get started. I did everything correctly, put in my information, sweet scented a pokemon, caught it and found its ivs. I put the ivs in PPRNG and came up with two possible results.

Now the PPRNG guide says that I should use the one that is about 1 second off from the time that I put in (10:25:30) but the problem is that both results have the same time of (10:25:31) so I don't know which one to use.

Here are the two results for anyone that can help me

46BFB2DC3E402708 10:25:31 C85 60 6

C3A63524F80A7B24 10:25:31 C6D 6F D
The one in bold is the correct one. Try starting at another date/time and repeating the process to verify similar results (though you may get C84 or C86 for timer0 also).

Hi guys, I need help with Entralink RNG. For starters, I just joined this site a few minutes ago out of necessity. I've been lurking this site for the past few months learning all I can about competitive battling.

Anyway, I'm trying to RNG the WiFi event Arceus and I've hit a roadblock. I just started RNG'ing about two days ago, so I'm really new at this. I started off with the Wondercard Reshiram with great success then dove straight into Entralink RNG with the help of Sephirona's guide. After calibrating the EonTimer and doing a few IV test runs I managed an Arceus with the correct IV's (31/27/31/31/31/31), but the wrong nature. Feeling confident I tried it again thinking I just have to wait for the right nature to pop up.

Well, either I screwed something up with the EonTimer or I keep missing the seed because I haven't been able to get that specific set of IV's since then (two days ago). I will post the seed and delay I'm trying to hit in the next post.

I assume double posting isn't allowed so I'm editing this post.

My starting frame is 21 and my target frame is 31. Reaching the designated IV frame isn't too difficult (5 Pokemon + 256 steps), although sometimes I accidentally take an extra step after the initial 256. Does that make a difference?

I need to nab this Arceus before the event is over (May 1st) so I can start over and grab another one (A special attacker and a physical one). By the way I'm using a DS Lite and the shoulder buttons aren't functioning. Hard resetting is my only option at this point.

My starting frame is 21 and my target frame is 31. Reaching the designated IV frame isn't too difficult (5 Pokemon + 256 steps), although sometimes I accidentally take an extra step after the initial 256. Does that make a difference?
No, that doesn't make a difference as long as you don't go over whatever 256+128 equals. Just make sure you're walking the 256 steps in the Entralink, not before you warp.

Also, change the min/max frame in the Seed to Time window. Make the min 26 and the max 31. You're most likely not going to go over 31, or stay under 26 so... yeah :p

The only other advice I can give you is to listen to the Eon Timer beeps carefully and try to press A exactly on the final beep.

No, that doesn't make a difference as long as you don't go over whatever 256+128 equals. Just make sure you're walking the 256 steps in the Entralink, not before you warp.

Also, change the min/max frame in the Seed to Time window. Make the min 26 and the max 31. You're most likely not going to go over 31, or stay under 26 so... yeah :p

The only other advice I can give you is to listen to the Eon Timer beeps carefully and try to press A exactly on the final beep.
That's a relief. I was starting to get a little obsessive compulsive about not taking that extra step.

As for the EonTimer, I set it up so that it beeps twice every second on the last four seconds, but I noticed it beeps a final time when it hits zero. The second beep is generally .20 seconds before the last one. Do I hit A just before it hits zero (To account for a slow button press or whatever) or exactly when it hits zero? Thanks for the reply!

Oh and I had it set to Min: 1 Max: 40 because the guide told me to if it was my first time. Forgot to change it :P

As for the EonTimer, I set it up so that it beeps twice every second on the last four seconds, but I noticed it beeps a final time when it hits zero. The second beep is generally .20 seconds before the last one. Do I hit A just before it hits zero (To account for a slow button press or whatever) or exactly when it hits zero? Thanks for the reply!

Oh and I had it set to Min: 1 Max: 40 because the guide told me to if it was my first time. Forgot to change it :P
Yes, that final beep when it hits 0 is when you need to press A. If you feel your finger is a bit slow you could try to adjust the time you press A by a little.

Also, if you don't like the way Eon Timer beeps you can change it. I only have it beep once per second for 5 seconds.

Yes, that final beep when it hits 0 is when you need to press A. If you feel your finger is a bit slow you could try to adjust the time you press A by a little.

Also, if you don't like the way Eon Timer beeps you can change it. I only have it beep once per second for 5 seconds.
Considering how erratic my delay hits are, I'll adjust the timing of my button presses. I'll change the timing of the beeps too and see if that helps. Thanks again.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
No, that doesn't make a difference as long as you don't go over whatever 256+128 equals.
This is incorrect. The step counter is stored in the save file and there is no good way to determine what value it has, so the only way to be sure you haven't advanced the IVRNG too much or too little is to take exactly 128 steps (or exact multiples of 128 as necessary).

This is incorrect. The step counter is stored in the save file and there is no good way to determine what value it has, so the only way to be sure you haven't advanced the IVRNG too much or too little is to take exactly 128 steps (or exact multiples of 128 as necessary).
Darn it. Back to slowly counting the steps with regular repels.

You're right but it's kind of unlikely that he'll go over frame 31 if he takes a few steps over 256 steps .-.

Ganjamas, if you just use a max repel (250 steps) and then go over to Arceus you will most likely hit your target frame. If you don't, just find out what you did hit with seed to time and adjust (I usually just turn on my game and walk around like 30 steps then save again).

You're right but it's kind of unlikely that he'll go over frame 31 if he takes a few steps over 256 steps .-.

Ganjamas, if you just use a max repel (250 steps) and then go over to Arceus you will most likely hit your target frame. If you don't, just find out what you did hit with seed to time and adjust (I usually just turn on my game and walk around like 30 steps then save again).
What does walking 30 steps do? I usually just check Arceus' IV's and find the delay I hit then update it on the Eon Timer.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In the long run of it, remember that he already got an Arceus with his intended IVs, so he should do the same format he did (i.e. he didn't trip a third 128 step counter).

What does walking 30 steps do?
If I miss my IV frame, then it has something to do with the step counter. If you walk some steps and then save, then the step counter starts at a different value when you get into the game. Which might allow you to hit your target IV frame next time. Chiizu is right in saying that walking exactly (or as close to exact as possible) 256 steps would be best, but using a max repel and then going up to Arceus should work.

If I miss my IV frame, then it has something to do with the step counter. If you walk some steps and then save, then the step counter starts at a different value when you get into the game. Which might allow you to hit your target IV frame next time. Chiizu is right in saying that walking exactly (or as close to exact as possible) 256 steps would be best, but using a max repel and then going up to Arceus should work.
Hmmm, in that case I'll do the same if I miss the IV frame. After a few test runs I've been consistently hitting my target delay area (+5/-5) so I'm going to try advancing the frame for this next one.

EDIT: Missed it by quite a bit >_>
EDIT2: Hit the delay dead on when I was trying to re-calibrate the Eon Timer. If I had used a Max Repel instead I would have gotten it :\

Kaphotics, I checked it agian and still get the same results

0= adamant somewhat vain
10= brave somewhat vain
20= lonely alert to sounds
and so on
My starting frame is 47 (sorry, I didn't post it before)
My lead is a Run away raticate, does it have any influence?
I don't think I got the wrong IVs, I made a search on RNG reporter 9.95, 9.94, and 9.93 and still get the same result
Ivs. 31/30/30/31/31/31
The date is the same, too: october 28 2013, 12:00:36 Keypress=B+Down+L
I can reach the seed easily, but I'm still unable to discover my SSF, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, 'cause I know I'm screwing up with something, I just don't know what this thing is yet.
Could you please post that archive in .xls, istead of xlsx? It's not opening here =(
Thank you for everything

One last question: I just noticed that I'm consistently hitting my delay of 2654, but on the Seed To Time table the time is 18:58:59. My IV frame should be on 18:58:58. What can I do to account for that 1 second? Do I adjust my Eon Timer by 1 second or what?

EDIT: Yep, confirmed that my Eon Timer was throwing me off. Even though the target seconds was 58 (Which is what I put on the Eon Timer), it kept putting me within the 18:58:59 range. Lowered it to 57 on Eon Timer and I'm now where I should be (18:58:58). I just wasted the past five hours, lol.

One last question: I just noticed that I'm consistently hitting my delay of 2654, but on the Seed To Time table the time is 18:58:59. My IV frame should be on 18:58:58. What can I do to account for that 1 second? Do I adjust my Eon Timer by 1 second or what?

EDIT: Yep, confirmed that my Eon Timer was throwing me off. Even though the target seconds was 58 (Which is what I put on the Eon Timer), it kept putting me within the 18:58:59 range. Lowered it to 57 on Eon Timer and I'm now where I should be (18:58:58). I just wasted the past five hours, lol.
There's a formula to fix that seconds problem if you don't like subtracting 1 from your target second every time.

Code:
([Second Hit - Second Wanted] * 60) + EL Calibration Value
Whatever it comes out to be, put it in the EL Calibration box and you should start hitting the right second. So you would do ([59 - 58] * 60) + 296 (I think that's the default).

There's a formula to fix that seconds problem if you don't like subtracting 1 from your target second every time.

Code:
([Second Hit - Second Wanted] * 60) + EL Calibration Value
Whatever it comes out to be, put it in the EL Calibration box and you should start hitting the right second. So you would do ([59 - 58] * 60) + 296 (I think that's the default).
Neat. Same results without having to lower the Target Seconds. Sure is good to have you around at this hour, PoJ.

EDIT: I hit the seed and got the designated IV frame. Only problem is it came out Jolly instead of Timid. I'm so damn happy it worked, but now I need to try again >_< Wish the DS had save states.

EDIT: I hit the seed and got the designated IV frame. Only problem is it came out Jolly instead of Timid. I'm so damn happy it worked, but now I need to try again >_< Wish the DS had save states.
You can always PID abuse. There isn't a finished guide yet, but you could have a look over these two, then ask any questions you have regarding the rest of the process here.

You can always PID abuse. There isn't a finished guide yet, but you could have a look over these two, then ask any questions you have regarding the rest of the process here.
I don't have any Chatots on me but if I did I would give this a try. Seems better than trying to hit the seed and getting lucky. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: I have a question regarding the PID abuse: Is it possible to do it without Chatots? Also, what does it mean by this?
Zari said:
Finally, scroll down to your target frame grouping and make note of the times listed. Go to the second instance of EonTimer (the one we haven't used yet) and round one of the times you just found to the nearest second. This is the value we put in the first timer under the 3rd Gen tab in the second EonTimer. Don't worry about the secondary timer for third gen (e.g, target frame), all we need for Entralink RNGing is the first. When you have it all set up it should look something like this:
It doesn't explain how they got the "99" for the timer, it just says to round to the nearest second. Do we round up or down?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
EDIT: I have a question regarding the PID abuse: Is it possible to do it without Chatots? Also, what does it mean by this?

It doesn't explain how they got the "99" for the timer, it just says to round to the nearest second. Do we round up or down?
It is possible but it's much more annoying since then you can't verify your seed. If you decide to do it without them don't add 3 to the starting frame when calculating the timer for the PID. You add 3 to account for the 3 advances Chatots cause.

Just round like normal (>=.5 round up <.5 round down). You'll need to try a few times and calibrate it probably anyway.

It is possible but it's much more annoying since then you can't verify your seed. If you decide to do it without them don't add 3 to the starting frame when calculating the timer for the PID. You add 3 to account for the 3 advances Chatots cause.

Just round like normal (>=.5 round up <.5 round down). You'll need to try a few times and calibrate it probably anyway.
Well, in that case I'm better off just doing it the old fashioned way :/

EDIT: Scratch that, how would I got about doing this without Chatots? What do I change (Or not change) since I won't be using them? Verifying the seed isn't too much of a problem since I can hit it pretty easily. How do the frames work in this case? What's the purpose of using the Gen III tab on the Eon Timer?

EDIT2: Just realized something doing it the normal way. The most common natures I'm encountering are Bold, Quirky and Careful. I saw Timid once, which I punched myself in the face over because I missed the seed when that nature finally decided to show up. Also, Arceus is always in the same position on the overworld when I correctly hit my seed. Usually I'm able to tell if I missed it by His positioning.

When exactly am I supposed to start the PID Timer when Entralink RNGing? Like as I'm clicking A at "_____ warped to the Entralink"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)