1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!

a

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Swaggersaurus, Jan 22, 2010.

1. v

v bvzzkill
    is a Super Moderator
    ULTRA Moderator

[​IMG]
  2. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

az the ring finger looks a little awkward on the kamina glasses, and the index looks a little long (or maybe that's just me??) but otherwise it's gr8!!!

keep up the good work buddy :))))))))
  3. Furosuto

Furosuto

In MY art thread I've sometimes quadruple posted before people actually respond. But nontheless, I love your work!
  4. PK Gaming

PK Gaming The truth is in my hands
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

No fucking way.

I've seen you dude, your hair is nowhere NEAR that awesome.

:chaos:
  5. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

yeah i think you're right the index is too longggg

and yeah the ring finger is totally awkward but i just wanted to draw a hand in an awkward position so............

also wow guys ty and welcome to my art thread!!!!!!!

your comments make me feel fuzztansticc inside :fuzz: :fuzz:
  6. Swaggersaurus

is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

bumpzors double post lol!!!!!

[​IMG]

i wanna leave this like this but nj won't let me on account of how she is a racist i guess??
  7. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

lol ur fucking laze
  8. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

but its good so ill let ur laze slide
  9. Swaggersaurus

10. Swaggersaurus

fixed the sketch and cleaned it up a bit and i guess i'm lining it now???

[​IMG]

v_v
  11. Doomsday

Doomsday
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

enjoying this very much!!
  12. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

fuck that mesprit is amazing
  13. PK Gaming

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Oh wow, that's the girl from the BW2 game right? Really good, but I can't say I expected any less from you. I've gotta say, If I were an artist I could never keep the quality consistent, especially since i'm impatient.

PS: Making Mesprit look cool is no easy feat, but you did it ♪
  14. Swaggersaurus

:)

thanks guys, it really means a lot!!

and yeah it is the bw2 girl. grrr i wish she had a name already----!!

consistency is something i really struggle with haha, for sure. just looking back at stuff like azlocke im like "wow did i ever decide what style to do this in v_v". haha, oh well, you just have to keep on keeping on

i finished lining it:

[​IMG]
  15. PK Gaming

Niiiice. I think the BW2 might end up being one of my favorites, design-wise.

Anyone else hate the BW2 boy's look though? I think it's the first time too (since every other PC has ranged from looking awesome to okayish). And that rival too... yeurgh.
  16. Swaggersaurus

i don't like the look of the male player character, but i really really like the rival design!!

i actually want them to switch the designs around... :x
  17. Swaggersaurus

flatssssss

[​IMG]

it's weird haha my favourite part about this is the shoes v_v

this is at 25% though so i guess it doesn't rly do them justice!!
  18. Fishy

Fishy

the little music notes near the ear buds might be the cutest fucking details in the world

this drawing makes me :that: much more excited to play bw2

mesprit's tails are perfect

and SWEET KICKS
  19. Swaggersaurus

[​IMG]

just lights and finishing touches to go imo????

lol irdk why i'm posting this step-by-step OH WELL IT'S NICE TO HAVE THE THREAD ACTIVE HUH
  20. Swaggersaurus

[​IMG]

"die with a hole in your breast"

this is at 12.5%

no i don't know what is wrong with me
  21. Mafeking

Mafeking channels his inner Wolverine
    is a Contributor Alumnus

[late] holy balls Az that Mesprit is so excellent. [/late]

The way its pink hair-tendrils look kind of like Cradily are definitely a funny touch, but the best part about it is definitely the loops in its tails. They look so smooth and refined, yet pretty natural at the same time. I also love the way they make Mesprit look like it's having fun (mirroring the female trainer) despite the fact that its right eye seems to be curved in a bit of an angry expression.

The female trainer is absolutely awesome as well, and while I definitely like her shoes the best part of that for me is easily the detail you put in concerning the music player (iPod, w/e). The earbuds and musical notes coming from them are excellent (I especially like the way she's holding them!) but the fact that the cord appears to loops around her entire body and then end at a mostly hidden (behind her hair) iPod in her pocket is just showcasing the incredible things that come with detail! I'm a huge fan of that picture.

As for the most recent one, I don't have too much to say, but I really enjoy the blending that the black appears to create between the heads! It's a cool thing to look at. The tiny person above the woman's head (who I didn't see for a few minutes!) is also pretty cool! Getting that amount of detail into something so small (though I'm assuming you did this on a larger canvas, haha) is pretty nice. :)
  22. ssbbm

ssbbm

how long did that take you .___. the bleach one is so detailed ashodfi

also your mesprit one has gorgeous colors but her shoulder is pointy .___.
  23. Yilx

Yilx Sad
    is an Artistis a Smogon IRC AOP

How have I NOT given this thread a luvdisk yet :heart:
  24. Swaggersaurus

wow, thankyou for such a detailed critique!!

the mesprit tails are definitely my favourite part, yeah

i actually thought the ipod or whatever (hahaha i dont know either!) would be too obscured by her hair which was a bit of a shame, but i'm glad someone noticed it after all!!

i'm rly digging this trainer (i hear rumours she might be called reina??) so it was rly fun drawing her

more pokegirl imgs to come, perhaps??

but yeah the big sketch mesh was on a huge canvas. that img is at 12.5% of the original size so that helps haha :) it's not rly half as nice at 100%... it's about 12.5% as nice...

wow i really appreciated this post hahaha it was nice to get some in-depth and well-considered feedback, ty agaion!!

tyvm!! it took about an hour i guess but it is really sketchy and not finished, so...!!

also i guess it is kinda pointy...

maybe when i finish it up i'll go back to that

idk but i am v grateful that you have now!!

anyway i have something to post so i'm just gonna post it OK here goes

Chapter 6 - The Fallen (open)
    [​IMG]
  25. v

v bvzzkill
    is a Super Moderator
    ULTRA Moderator

ill give it an ok/11

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)