a

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
az the ring finger looks a little awkward on the kamina glasses, and the index looks a little long (or maybe that's just me??) but otherwise it's gr8!!!

keep up the good work buddy :))))))))

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah i think you're right the index is too longggg

and yeah the ring finger is totally awkward but i just wanted to draw a hand in an awkward position so............

also wow guys ty and welcome to my art thread!!!!!!!

your comments make me feel fuzztansticc inside :fuzz: :fuzz:

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
bumpzors double post lol!!!!!

i wanna leave this like this but nj won't let me on account of how she is a racist i guess??

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Oh wow, that's the girl from the BW2 game right? Really good, but I can't say I expected any less from you. I've gotta say, If I were an artist I could never keep the quality consistent, especially since i'm impatient.

PS: Making Mesprit look cool is no easy feat, but you did it ♪

az

toddmoding
:)

thanks guys, it really means a lot!!

and yeah it is the bw2 girl. grrr i wish she had a name already----!!

consistency is something i really struggle with haha, for sure. just looking back at stuff like azlocke im like "wow did i ever decide what style to do this in v_v". haha, oh well, you just have to keep on keeping on

i finished lining it:

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Niiiice. I think the BW2 might end up being one of my favorites, design-wise.

Anyone else hate the BW2 boy's look though? I think it's the first time too (since every other PC has ranged from looking awesome to okayish). And that rival too... yeurgh.

az

toddmoding
i don't like the look of the male player character, but i really really like the rival design!!

i actually want them to switch the designs around... :x

az

toddmoding
flatssssss

it's weird haha my favourite part about this is the shoes v_v

this is at 25% though so i guess it doesn't rly do them justice!!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
the little music notes near the ear buds might be the cutest fucking details in the world

this drawing makes me :that: much more excited to play bw2

mesprit's tails are perfect

and SWEET KICKS

az

toddmoding

just lights and finishing touches to go imo????

lol irdk why i'm posting this step-by-step OH WELL IT'S NICE TO HAVE THE THREAD ACTIVE HUH

az

toddmoding

"die with a hole in your breast"

this is at 12.5%

no i don't know what is wrong with me

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
[late] holy balls Az that Mesprit is so excellent. [/late]

The way its pink hair-tendrils look kind of like Cradily are definitely a funny touch, but the best part about it is definitely the loops in its tails. They look so smooth and refined, yet pretty natural at the same time. I also love the way they make Mesprit look like it's having fun (mirroring the female trainer) despite the fact that its right eye seems to be curved in a bit of an angry expression.

The female trainer is absolutely awesome as well, and while I definitely like her shoes the best part of that for me is easily the detail you put in concerning the music player (iPod, w/e). The earbuds and musical notes coming from them are excellent (I especially like the way she's holding them!) but the fact that the cord appears to loops around her entire body and then end at a mostly hidden (behind her hair) iPod in her pocket is just showcasing the incredible things that come with detail! I'm a huge fan of that picture.

As for the most recent one, I don't have too much to say, but I really enjoy the blending that the black appears to create between the heads! It's a cool thing to look at. The tiny person above the woman's head (who I didn't see for a few minutes!) is also pretty cool! Getting that amount of detail into something so small (though I'm assuming you did this on a larger canvas, haha) is pretty nice. :)

how long did that take you .___. the bleach one is so detailed ashodfi

also your mesprit one has gorgeous colors but her shoulder is pointy .___.

az

toddmoding
[late] holy balls Az that Mesprit is so excellent. [/late]

The way its pink hair-tendrils look kind of like Cradily are definitely a funny touch, but the best part about it is definitely the loops in its tails. They look so smooth and refined, yet pretty natural at the same time. I also love the way they make Mesprit look like it's having fun (mirroring the female trainer) despite the fact that its right eye seems to be curved in a bit of an angry expression.

The female trainer is absolutely awesome as well, and while I definitely like her shoes the best part of that for me is easily the detail you put in concerning the music player (iPod, w/e). The earbuds and musical notes coming from them are excellent (I especially like the way she's holding them!) but the fact that the cord appears to loops around her entire body and then end at a mostly hidden (behind her hair) iPod in her pocket is just showcasing the incredible things that come with detail! I'm a huge fan of that picture.

As for the most recent one, I don't have too much to say, but I really enjoy the blending that the black appears to create between the heads! It's a cool thing to look at. The tiny person above the woman's head (who I didn't see for a few minutes!) is also pretty cool! Getting that amount of detail into something so small (though I'm assuming you did this on a larger canvas, haha) is pretty nice. :)
wow, thankyou for such a detailed critique!!

the mesprit tails are definitely my favourite part, yeah

i actually thought the ipod or whatever (hahaha i dont know either!) would be too obscured by her hair which was a bit of a shame, but i'm glad someone noticed it after all!!

i'm rly digging this trainer (i hear rumours she might be called reina??) so it was rly fun drawing her

more pokegirl imgs to come, perhaps??

but yeah the big sketch mesh was on a huge canvas. that img is at 12.5% of the original size so that helps haha :) it's not rly half as nice at 100%... it's about 12.5% as nice...

wow i really appreciated this post hahaha it was nice to get some in-depth and well-considered feedback, ty agaion!!

how long did that take you .___. the bleach one is so detailed ashodfi

also your mesprit one has gorgeous colors but her shoulder is pointy .___.
tyvm!! it took about an hour i guess but it is really sketchy and not finished, so...!!

also i guess it is kinda pointy...

maybe when i finish it up i'll go back to that

How have I NOT given this thread a luvdisk yet :heart:
idk but i am v grateful that you have now!!

anyway i have something to post so i'm just gonna post it OK here goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)