1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

a

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Swaggersaurus, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

two years and two days, by your post!!

thankyou everyone for your comments and support

every post in this thread means a lot to me!!

i just hope i won't disappoint you
  2. Steamroll

Steamroll resident zombie
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm still stuck in 2011, sadly. :P

But either way it confirms my statement, lol. I can't even believe I didn't luvdisc this, and I think I've posted in here like three times in awe of how good your art is.
  3. Swaggersaurus

is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

some good news and some bad news

the good news is that this post contains an azlocke chapter

the bad news is that i have given up colour to lighten the workload

i really want to finish this story and at the rate i am going it just won't happen

please let me know what you think and forgive me.....................

v_v

Chapter 5 - The Risen (open)
    [​IMG]
  4. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

have i mentioned i really like this chapter

i really like this chapter

especially the cerulean city shot it is really well drawn!! big az
  5. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Oh man, HELL YES. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Its no big deal that you lost color, you can still tell a damn good story without it. The fact that you're attempting to finish the nuzlocke straight up is fucking awesome (though its ok if you don't)

As for the chapter itself, it was pretty damn good with a good pace. RIVAL FIGHT. Oh boy, I liked how you were pretty thorough with it. From Zubat, to Magikarp, to Ivysaur and Pigeotto, everyone pokemon got their fair share of screen time. The "or are you afraid" panel and the subsequent Red sending out Zubat were my favorite panels. They just work so well together. Though the cliffhanger at the end worries me, I want to see a Pidgeottttt... like NJ said, Cerulean city was gorgeous.

Keep it up dog.

PS: You updated on the same day the shonen manga were released. Epic coincidence.
  6. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

Awesome action sequence!
  7. Bloobobo

Bloobobo

I did a nuzlocke that ended in like 2 minutes. Died while fighting my rival the first time. because I absolutely FAIL.

So yep. Cool chapter thingies. I love the panel of cerulean city and the panel that says or are you afriad. and THe one with pigeot/whateverInevercouldtellthedifferencebetweeneachevolutionanyway that said KAAWWWW x3
  8. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This is great!! :D Black and white works fine!! Aren't comics usually that way anyway? xD yayay a sandshrew!! :) Don't you dare make it faint O:< haha
  9. Swaggersaurus

the best thing about posting a chapter of azlocke is going off and doing something else and then coming back to see what kind of feedback people have!!

i esp like pkg posts they are so in depth and so gr8!! pkg i wish i could update weekly on the shounen release date!! if only i were that fast... v_v azlocke for wsj??

bloobobo you should totally take it back up, nuzlockes are the best!!

anyway ty everyone, here's some art to tide you over:

[​IMG]

50% (open)
    [​IMG]
  10. PK Gaming

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

It goes without saying but...

that picture is fucking cool. The E4 has never been this cool.
  11. Swaggersaurus

ty!!

just wanted to polish this from that one panel in ch5

[​IMG]
  12. Swaggersaurus

found this rough going through my folders, can't remember for the life of me what it was for...?

[​IMG]

eta: more from my box of tricks

i got quite excited at the img preview of this until i realised that bottom left is just from a panel of bleach hahahah

v_v

[​IMG]
  13. Swaggersaurus

HNNNN LET'S BUMP THIS FUNCKING THREAD IMO!!!!!!!!

hello harsha wow sorry totally didn't see that post!!

i will try to wip some stuff up if you are still interested ok lmk!!

heh i typed that wip like work in progress but i meant like "whip up some wips" heh

anyway i have been like rly ill and stuff so i haven't done like aNYthing but this is just a lil something i did with my priv8s in mind

my priv8s are the best and they have been looking out for me whilst ive been ill and they're just the best so this one goes out to you guys!!

[​IMG]
  14. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

az is the best imo

our hunt for good leaf art is over!!

:)
  15. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

solace ruined this thread v_v
  16. Solace

Solace swing from the chandelier
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

iss you can't use v_v when dissing someone in az's thread sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. Xaqwais

Xaqwais

az those two shade drawings are awesome, they remind me of RBY sprites but since they aren't limited to sprites obviously they look so cool.
  18. Swaggersaurus

dear harsha2014:

[​IMG]
  19. bluehoundoom

bluehoundoom

I really enjoy your style here, and your digital nuzlocke comics are really good and the shading is really smooth on both the comics and the Pokémon! Keep up the good work, love to see more! :)
  20. Sayonara

Sayonara don't forget

Hey, Swaggersaurus! I love your art. I'd like to request a Tornadus using Hurricane! Thank you very much! Please only do it if you have the time and if you want to. :)
  21. Swaggersaurus

thanks for all your posts!!

as you might have gathered, i'm pretty slow with everything, let alone requests, so we'll see, but i can't promise anything

i'm sorry, but ty v much for stopping by and requesting

as requested previously:

[​IMG]
  22. Swaggersaurus

welcome to MY art thread

[​IMG]

WOW guys making me double post again........................ v_........................v
  23. v

v I'm on your six
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

v_.....................................................v is right
  24. v

v I'm on your six
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

also welcome to MY double post
  25. PK Gaming

Oh man, it's a damn shame we let you double post >_>

Anyway, to business. That Scizor using U-turn is fucking awesome, no doubt about it.
    That dude holding the Kamina glasses is well-drawn, but who exactly is he?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)