Advanced Tiers Revisited revisited

nerdling, i spent 10 minutes looking at your list thinking what the hell you were talkin about. then i realized you probably mixed up the order of the current tier/tier it should be. correct me if im wrong.

however, I disagree with your position on steelix, donphan, and tentacruel. Sceptile also does not outclass venusaur, since theyre completely different, mostly because venusaur has sleep powder and physical STAB.

I already admitted to being wrong about sceptile/venusaur

No, I mixed nothing up, and fully expected my views to be contreversial

Steelix is worse than aggron, which is in UU. Aggron outclasses it badly with very similar defensive stats, but better attack and movepool...Also, how often do you see people running steelix on thier teams?

Donphan is also not seen very often, if ever. Mostly because it is badly outclassed by the vast majority of physical attackers in OU via stats and movepool. Once again, how often do you see people running Donphan on thier teams

I'm not exactly sure how one could disagree with me about tentacruel, especially when I forgot to put any information about it in my list...my personal opinion is that it should stay where it is

TIERS
ARE
NOT
ABOUT
HOW
MUCH
THEY
ARE
USED,
BUT
HOW
THEY
CAN
COMPARE.

"Now listen up. The tiers don't represent just power, so stop trying to put Venusaur in OU. It isn't OU, nobody uses it in tournaments. Because it is not OU, it is automatically UU."
;_;

How is steelix worse than Aggron? Aggron is 4x weak to ground moves (EQ...ouch) and fighting moves. Steelix can explode well and has better defense.

Not to mention that steelix is used way more. I swear, I see that thing on more OU teams than I usually do. ts usage is going up, no doubt. Aggron is just meh and I rarely see it in UUs or OUs.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, if Smogon doesn't allow UU/BL tournaments, I don't see the point of having a BL tier at all, unless there's perspective on a BL tournament (I wouldn't know).

Also reiterating the fact that Nerdling's list is misguided.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
TIERS
ARE
NOT
ABOUT
HOW
MUCH
THEY
ARE
USED,
BUT
HOW
THEY
CAN
COMPARE.

"Now listen up. The tiers don't represent just power, so stop trying to put Venusaur in OU. It isn't OU, nobody uses it in tournaments. Because it is not OU, it is automatically UU."
;_;
Ubers are based solely on power. Those Pokemon that are quite powerful, and see a lot of use but not so powerful as to disrupt the metagame are OU. Those Pokemon that aren't used too much are now divided into NU, UU and BL. BL Pokes are those that compare powerewise to OU Pokemon, but don't see much use. The difference between NU and UU is once again based on power.

There! I got through that without flaming you! I'm surprised.

Wow...i'm an idiot...

I just reread touched's post and realized that I had mixed up the order. That seems to be the problem. Edited my post accordingly.

Now I just have to worry about the fact that I now look like a complete dumbass...

Z0mg, I hope that makes thinks clearer.

Btw, I tried out steelix and you were right. Defeat is admitted on that topic as well and I took it off my list.

Your right, Houndoom is awesome as, I use him everytime i get the chance.
Vigoroth has a good chance of holding his own against other pokemon in UU too.
Forgive me but does this thread really mean anything? Will the tier be changed because of you guys' opinions? (im not being sarcastic or anything) How often do the tiers change? (Im new to competitve battling, not a noob at pokemon though)

The ADV tiers haven't been changed for ages...as you could have guessed by the post date (last post before yours was over half a year ago).

How does the NU Tier get created? Is it simply if its not used enough in UU, it gets moved down to NU? If thats how its worked, then NU Metagame is sorta.... yeah.

Hi guys, i have a few question about 386

IS Houndoom like this playable?

houndoom@ berry boosting stats
Lonely 252attk 252spd 4attkspe
Fire blast
Crunch
Substitute
reversal

I like it as a finisher in a 4 stalls and 2 late game sweepers team (stalls are skar, claydol, swampert and registeel) and the other "kill" is Heracross

by the way, is Blaziken so hard to play?

Cloyster - OU because it is so common and can beat the 2 other Spikers like Skarmory and and Forretress and spin away their Spikes and can 2KO them with Ice Beam/Surf. It also isn't trapped by Magneton and if it uses Clamp on either Skarmory or Forretress and has Rapid Spin in it's arsenal, Spikes are yours for the rest of the match. It also has STAB on Ice Beam, which IMO, is pretty useful for the ever dominant Dragon types like Salamence and Flygon.

Steelix - BL because since when was this metal snake used a lot, apart from GSC? And that base 200 defense is hampered by weaknesses to the ever common Earthquake, and some physical attackers can beat Steelix one on one such as Breloom, Marowak and bulky Fighting types like Hariyama, Machamp and Hitmontop. Skarmory is better if you want a physical wall, and Skarmory can actually Spike up the field while Steelix's support is limited to Toxic.

Exeggutor - BL because hardly anyone uses him in RSE, and if the every popular Tyranitar switches in the moment he Solarbeams, he is screwed. Although I do admit that with Sleep Powder, Stun Spore and Explosion nothing is completely safe from him.

Swalot - UU because he is supposed to be there. What makes people think Muk is better than him? Swalot has his own fair share of tricks, including Encore and Pain Split. He can also use Special Attacks like Ice Beam and can also go physical with Explosion and Shadow Ball.

Piloswine - UU because Ground + Ice is unresisted in 3rd generation, and with base 100 attack Earthquake from this thing will do some damage. And it can also take hits relatively well with base 100 HP, although it's typing is extremely poor defensively.

Basing on my RSE OU battles in NB, the one possible change in moving Umbreon to BL, since nobody uses it nowadays.
Two BLs that can be moved to OU (basing on usage) are Cloyster and Breelom.
Anyway having more BLs than OUs seems to me pretty loling.
What sabaut NFEs?

I think anything with higher than 110 in an offensive stat and higher than 110 in speed should automaticly at least be in BL or OU........cough......alakazam

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
I deemed this as irrelevant, as the metagame isn't active enough to where it causes concern, but how did Forry end up BL and Ludicolo/Donphan end up OU on the site's tier lists?

The only thing that should happen is shrinking BL (I mean Articuno, Entei and Moltres can't be broken in UU). Also, I really think Hitmonchan belongs to NU. Otherwise, the tiers are fine.

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
I believe Moltres would certainly rip things in apart in UU. What it lacks in the movepool that Houndoom and Typhlosion have, it makes up for in raw power and stalling ability. It's stats and typing are honestly not bad for stalling (see: how it can actually stall decently in OU) and it has Pressure to help the fact. Even when it's doing offensive things instead, its few counters in UU barely do good job and shrugging off the damage in a Sunny Day. You'd have to test it, but I believe it'd be just as hard to fend off as Kangskhan is, if not moreso.

Articuno would be Celebi for the metagame in the sense that it outstalls everything else, but perhaps people will change their mind due to the kinds of common weaknesses it has. Games won't ever end if you let this thing into UU unless someone ragequits from losing all of their PP first.

Entei has Calm Mind. Facing a boosted Fire type with only Earthquake to hit it Super Effective for significant damage (Because Surf is getting cut down by CM and nothing ever uses Rock Slide in this metagame outside of Golem, which is getting HP Grassed/Iced) is unlikely to be fun. I suppose the fact that it has lower SAtk than Moltres helps it get beaten by its same counters eventually, but it still has Pressure, Rest, and a high HP stat to outstall those counters.

Basically, I feel those three having a high BST and Pressure would make the general metagame more stall-oriented (and I still think Moltres would just straight up destroy most teams by its lonesome). If anything, I'd like to see something like Lapras back in UU. I do agree that Hitmonchan should be NU. That's at least what I'm used to from UUSF's tiers when it used to exist.

Having in mind that ADV style has changed a little, the usage of some pokémon that would be OU for sure like Dusclops and Regice has decreased a lot. Pursuiters are getting more space in this metagame, things are turning more offensive on adv stage. IMO Cloyster and Forretress are obviously OU and Dusclops, Ludicolo and Regice (not really sure) should get do BL.
LOL, I read here something about Medicham being BL. Its just one of the more dangerous CBers on game wtf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)