1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Apocalypse Mafia - Postgame

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Shiv, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Alright, its taken a long time to do this for some reason but here it is.

First up, I'd like to inform you that the lackluster quality of this post can be blamed on Brain who just didn't want to do this thing (neither did I really but fucking mekkah and jackal and others..).

So anyway, I won't be saying much, this is to be taken as more of a discussion thread, I will just be uploading PDF's of all the google docs we had used while running the game.

(Zooming in would be a good idea!)

(PS: If you want to see them like properly, pm me your email and I'll add you as in)

Role PM's: http://users.smogon.com/Shiv/mafia/apocalypse/Apocalypse Mafia - Role PMs.pdf

All the roles compiled into a spreadsheet (sorted by factions): http://users.smogon.com/Shiv/mafia/apocalypse/Apocalypse Mafia - Info - Factions.pdf

All the roles compiled into a spreadsheet (sorted by priorities): http://users.smogon.com/Shiv/mafia/apocalypse/Apocalypse Mafia - Info - Priorities.pdf

Finally, a copy of the worksheet used to run the entire game: http://users.smogon.com/Shiv/mafia/apocalypse/Apocalypse Mafia - Running.pdf

Now, moving on, I'd like announce a few things.

First up, the MVP award or title whatever it may be goes to Jackal. He played really fucking well even though he had the luck of a god. Examples of this were:

- finding evan n0
    - even though he fell for darkie's power, he had luckily cloaked himself that night

Secondly, I would like to say that people like Venom and Max are faggots. . If you join a game, the least you can do is atleast try to fucking participate. I mean Venom looked at that forum and logged in and didnt even READ HIS ROLE PM.

Right, its not much of a postgame post, but I will add to this in a bit and even force brain to write his thoughts :)

Anyway, enjoy :)
  2. Doomsday

Doomsday
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Okay, I was just reading through your spreadsheet... fuck man, this is actually very well organized. That's fantastic. Here's a thumbs up from Dr. Frankenstein! Am sorta sad I didn't get to use my power :(
  3. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

That was mostly Brain's work :) He came up with the basic format and shit, it REALLY made it easy to run things :D
  4. Outlaw

Outlaw

I felt really useless in that mafia D:

I was a replacement wasn't I?
  5. GTS

GTS

I had fun, but it's too bad my role got blocked... :/
  6. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless

Yeah you were. I should've taken you over people like Venom though, my bad.
  7. Amelia

Amelia

Lol this mafia i just sat around doing nothing apart from voting actually...

Ah well.
  8. Mekkah

Mekkah watashi wa kirai every single one of you kisamas
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I will probably quit my whining now even though it's not what I hoped for, but if neither of you is interested then there's no need to push it.

Anyway, Jackal ruled, my team not so much. Kind of like DBZ really.
  9. Outlaw

Outlaw

What were all the cthulu roles for?
  10. Brain

Brain
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Dude you can publish google spreadsheets and docs (share -> publish as web page). Why did you compile them into pdfs?

I had already published the work sheet there:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p6ODtoW_bv3zbpANburWeHw

Also there were no problems with unceunce iirc. He was the martyr so he was instructed to idle most of the time, then he was krakened so he effectively couldn't do anything. He probably wasn't as active as the others but still.

The Cthulhu roles were given to users who recited the Necronomicon and became servants of Cthulhu (who would choose which role they got). They replaced their previous role.
  11. aamto

aamto on whom the three Fates smile

from what i recall, unceunce was pretty active; he was the olympian hooker after all. you may be thinking of zerowing the lucky duck.
  12. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless

brain, i tried publishing, it worked for the doc but the option didn't come for the spreadsheets.

just publish them both and ill change the links?
  13. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

a man of his word~ (even if its a little underwhelming!)

anyways I have serious school shit to worry about but this weekend i will post my perspective on this amazing game, which evidently was very well structured and put together by 2 masterminds!

in the meantimes some questions i had:
    what did akuchi do
    what did the gravity shit do
    should i have betrayed obi

and i will maintain that i didnt "fall for" darkies power, i am telling you i knew he was at least partially lying, but the way i set out to play the game was recklessly and in the public eye, and it worked out perfectly. Yes it was luck, but it was being rewarded for taking a risk, not me falling for a trap. I knew it wouldnt be death, and i figured i could cause some chaos, get other people to do it also (i did) and take attention off evan. I'd say it worked

again much more to come.
  14. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

15. evan

evan I did my best -- I have no regrets
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

yeah jackal was great. he was the perfect smokescreen for me and did everything right to keep me safe and allow me (and later on obi) to pick off the main three factions.
  16. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless

akuchi basically once travelling would get some random pieces of info. she would also find an arrow on the second night of her voyage. initially we had planned to reveal one of the mafia leaders or telling her about the existence of cthulhu, we hadn't really decided on the final part and she died before that.

what do you mean by gravity shit? do you mean einstein?

lastly, it would've been fun as hell dude :D but then mekkah would've lost :(
  17. moi

moi

abom lvp : moi

:(

sorry team. in all honesty, this was a really fun game, but I think it was more of a growing pain for me, being my first full game. lying to everyone gets you nothing but fake information, and that really shows with what i got (rather then my inspections)
  18. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i do mean einstein
  19. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless

the priorities get switched around, so if you used it on say cookie and evan, evan would kill before all the hookers fucked and cookie would fuck when evan's kill generally takes place.

basically it switched priorities of two things, pretty strong role.

also, mekkah, i just noticed, for the specific priorities youll need to see the last file, which has the game recorded in it. we only realized we may need DEFINITE priorities once we started it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)