Apprentice Program - "Round Fourty Six" - Zone B (10 PM - 6 AM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to "Round" 46 of the newly re-designed Battling 101 Program.

This thread only applies to people in the Timeslot 10 PM - 6 AM. This timeslot is in GMT -5 time. If you are active during these times, this is the thread for you.

Here is how the program will work:
  • There are X tutors available
  • When this thread is posted, and people start signing up, the first X people will be assigned to a tutor in that Timeslot that handles the desired tier.
  • The rest of the people (# of posters - X) will start filling the queue. Obviously, since there will be three threads, there are three queues. Obviously, there will be 9 queues.
  • When a tutor finishes tutoring his/her tutee, or the tutee becomes inactive, the tutor moves on and picks the next person in their queue that wants to learn their tier.
  • If the queue is too full, signups will be closed for a short amount of time.
  • If you don't want to get tutored anymore, feel free to delete your post. If a tutor sees that you have not been online in over five days, you'll be skipped.
  • Note: Tutors should not teach their student for more than three weeks.
Tutees are required to send in evaluations. These are vital in judging how the tutors do.

Please fill out this application and post it:

Username:
Your timezone:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

For now, there is no tutee tournament, that may return in the future along with other changes.

IMPORTANT:
YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you MUST be able to use Shoddy Battle.

Assignments:

OU:

Philip7086 - Rook
Seven Deadly Sins - Bobtheball4
Silent Echo - Hellriser

UU:
Xianglongfa - Coronis
Whistle - TanzAufDemVulkan

Ubers:
Tripe - Dubulous

Assigned to Philip7086

Username:
Rook
Shoddy Username: roks, loedoc
Your timezone: PST
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have actually signed up for the tutoring program twice before. Both times, we built a team, and the tutor usually said the team was pretty good. But even then, I can't win very consistently with any teams on the ladder. So, that's why I'm signing up again. But aside from pokemon-related stuff, I'm kind of musical. I play guitar and piano okay, but not that well.

Also, can I request Phillip7086?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Xianglongfa

Username: Coronis
Shoddy Username: Coronis
Your timezone: GMT+11
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old guy in year 9, still not knowing what to do with my life. I've played competitive pokemon for about a year and a half now, and am pretty good at OU and Ubers, still mediocre at NEW UU.

I'd like to request xianglongfa as my tutor.

Username: Mr. Dodecahedron
Shoddy Username: Mr. Dodecahedron
Your timezone: GMT
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been following competitive Pokémon since early D/P (I didn't have a Smogon account then, and I used Official Server and had a different username), and I've never done very well for some reason. Because I suck? Probably. I want to be a master, the greatest master, in fact, so I would like to partake in this here Program. Non-Pokémon-related stuff about me, in no apparent order: I'm a Libertarian (scored 100%, 100% on the World's Smallest Political Quiz), and hate the idea of Government limiting the freedoms of individuals and businesses (drug laws, minimum wage laws etc. should shove themselves up their asses); I love Physics and Mathematics; I hate supernatural beliefs of all kinds (especially this religious cult called "Christianity", which has many devout members in my school and town); I like TV programs such as House (House is probably my favourite TV character), The Mentalist (Patrick Jane is another one of my favourite TV characters), Lie to Me (Tim Roth plays Lightman awesomely), and others that I can't remember the names of with similar formats and main characters. Also, hi!

Could I perhaps request Philip7086 as my tutor?

Assign this user to me when available ~Philip7086

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Username
:bobtheball4
Shoddy Username:Bobtheball4
Your time zone:gmt-10(hawaii)
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I have signed up once for the tutor program but i got sot as he was leaving, although we talked a lot about random things(including pokemon) we never really did anything (but it was fun talking every day). some other things i do besides pokemon is sports and band, nothing really much.

Assigned to Silent Echo

Username
: Hellriser
Shoddy Username:IC3M4N
Your timezone:GMT-6
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm 17 years old, a freshman in college. I'm majoring in Biomedical Engineering with a pre-med concentration. I started playing competitively about a year ago. I'm definitely a competent battler, I'd say I'm above average. The teams I build usually tend to do well in the beginning but never consistently win games.I would like to be become a bigger part of the Smogon community. I like building teams with at least a bit of creativity and uniqueness. I've gotten to around 1400 in OU, but haven't gotten much higher than that.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: ginganinja
Shoddy Username: patrickblaster
Your timezone: GMT + 13 (New Zealand)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU. I am an offensive player at heart and would prefer a offensive tutor as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 18 year old male going to university and majoring in History. I live in NZ and enjoy sports such as cricket and soccer (go the All Whites!). I am very competitive and enjoy chess and pokemon. Got into competitive battling about 8 months ago authough I have been visiting Smogon for easily 2 years. I consider myself an average battler especially at Ubers (reaching 1499) but I would like to become more skilled at OU, as it is the most common metagame and i enjoy it. I am looking to gain confidence in the smogon community especially so I can better contribute to it and better Rate teams.

Username: Chileno4Live
Shoddy Username: Chileno4Live, Xyronith
Your timezone: GMT + 1 (the Netherlands)
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, UU. I prefer to be teached in OU, but if there's no tutor available for OU, UU is cool.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a guy, 16 years old. I live in the Netherlands. I study at school, and in 1 year, I'll do my graduate exams. So i'm studying hard to achieve that goal. Games I like are: Pokemon, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Halo 3, GTA series. I also go to parties sometimes, so you can say I make most out of my life.

What I want to learn in this program is to be teached in battle skills. I think my Team Building is okay, but I often make mistakes in battles that are fatal. I also have trouble in sacrificing pokemon I shouldn't have sacrificed. I used to play pokemon on Wi-Fi but that's not fun anymore. Almost no competition. I also have problems with confidence, because if I lost one match, I'm already discouraged to do the next. I don't know if you can give or teach someone to have confidence, but if there's a way, please help XD.

ASSIGNED TO WHISTLE

Username
: Megatrumpetdude
Shoddy Username: Megatrumpetdude. Megatrumpetdude
Megatrumpetdude (#2) is my testing account
Your timezone: EST
What tier do you want to learn?: UU, or Ubers
I'd prefer to learn how to use Heavy Offense in UU, but if no one teaches that, Ubers Heavy Offense is fine as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am very sociable and am a very avid battler. My main interest is music and I plan on pursuing it as a career. I have some experience in UU but am not doing to well. I also like playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It used to be my favorite thing to do before I found Shoddy. All in all, I am a very quick learner, and can grasp obscure concepts easily. I prefer to do Heavy Offense, and I like to think out of the box sometimes.

Username: Lesley/boobies
Shoddy Username: Lesley
Your timezone: GMT -6
What tier do you want to learn?: I play exclusively in OU, but I'd also like to learn to play in ubers and perhaps UU as well.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Junior in high school, I'm a girl, my favorite color is green, and I have a godless love for That 70's Show.
I'm not at all deficient at battling, although I'd like to get much better. I actually host my own server and was ranked #1 there for quite a while before being unjustly dethroned. I've been playing Pokemon for around five months now. While that may not seem like an incredible amount of time, I've come pretty far on my own. I'd like a tutor who is very proficient at team building, as that's what I have the most trouble with.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Tripe

Username
: Dubulous
Shoddy Username: Dubulous, TalibKweli
Your time zone: EST
What tier do you want to learn: Übers
Tell us a little about yourself: I go to college at Penn State and it's pretty cool; I host a radio show there on Friday nights. I'm a bit of a night owl which is why I'm signing up for this zone as opposed to the other ones. I "dabble" in competitive Pokemon but I love playing LC and Übers seems pretty fun. Uhhhh I don't know much (though -Mind- has been helping me a little bit recently) but I'm willing to learn and try new things.

Username: Ivysaur
Shoddy Username: Catch 22, Winner of Pokemon
Your timezone: GMT -5
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I'm Leanne, I live in a small town in Ontario. I'm not that good, highest CRE has been in the 1400s I think. Anyways, I'm usually available for an hour or two Sun-Thurs (school nights, y'know) and for a couple hours on Friday and Saturday. I'm willing to try any style really, and I've been playing for a couple months now.. Anyways, thanks in advance guys!

edit: Oh yeah, a tutor with MSN would be nice, seeing as how thats really the only IM tool I use.

Username: Tenzuku
Shoddy Username: Tenzuku2, Suspecting You
Your timezone: GMT -5:00
What tier do you want to learn?: OU. I'd like to learn a bit about stall. Some UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in New jersey, it's pretty good. I've been playing pokemon competivly for 2 years. I've gotten on the leaderboard. I'm available everyday after I'm done with school but probably not the weekends since I'm busy. I just really would like help on the know what to use at certian positions when im battling.

Username: Pokefan0
Shoddy Username: Pokefan0
Your timezone: GMT -5
Tell us a little about yourself: I play Varsity Baseball for my HIgh School and Collegiate during the Summer and Fall. I've liked pokemon since I can remember and have always been adept at it but have always found myself in need of work in battling. School is my first priority, but I always have plenty of time later in the day.

Username: frozenvirus, Rei
Shoddy Username: frozenvirus_hd
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5 I believe)
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been competitively battling for over two years now, and I'm relatively experienced in the OU and UU tiers, but I'm clueless when it comes to Ubers D<

Oh, btw, I'd prefer it if the tutor could be on between 10-12 EST because I have to sleep too ._.

Assigned to Whistle

Username
: TanzAufDemVulkan
Shoddy Username: otaku-dono, TanzAufDemVulkan
Your timezone: GMT+13
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Uni student, I like music and sport. I've always enjoyed Pokemon, but since I got into the competitive aspect to it rather late on it hasn't been so successful. I tend to like most games, eg. card games, game consoles (PS2/PS3).

Username: 031ap
Shoddy Username: 031ap (occasionally ap13095 or pizzapizzle)
Your timezone: GMT -5 (EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: UU, maybe some OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an Indian-American, age 14, 10th grade (Skipped 1st). I basically solely play UU. I wouldn't say I'm awesome, but I definitely like to think I'm good, and I can get on the leaderboard without too much effort. Pokemon is the only fandom I participate in, all the other things are in real life.

I've been playing for over a year, but feel like I could still improve somewhere or other. I can be active most times of day and night, and I have MSN Messenger, if needed.

EDIT: Due to unforeseen complications, I'd like my application to be put on hold. I'd still like to be in the queue, but could whoever's directly behind me just skip in front of me? I'd rather not be kicked to the back of the queue, if possible.

Username:~ShAdowWAlker~
Shoddy Username:pokepal91
Your timezone:Pacific Time Zone (GMT -8, or 3 hours behind Eastern).
What tier do you want to learn?:I want to learn OU and UU but OU would be my first choice
Tell us a little about yourself:Im 18 years old and just finishing my first semester of jr college. my parents recently divorced so i now live in two houses. im also hopeing to get a new job soon lol

i have been battleing for a few months now but need lots of teaching, i seem to have trouble with team building the most as my teams normaly lack synergy and/or strategy to them

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Ala
Shoddy Username: .Ala
Your timezone: EST
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been on here since the beginning on smogon, and just getting the hang of DP, but I want to be a little bit better at constructing teams and just being a better player overall. I always try to be a smart player but I do make stupid mistakes from time to time, and I want to minimize those as much as possible. I think I can do well because I did relatively well in adv.

I'd prefer the tutor to be on from 10 PM to 2 AM because I am usually on at this time.

Username: R S E FR LG
Shoddy Username: R S E FR LG
Your timezone: EST (-5 GMT) [Preferred time: sometime from 10PM - 12AM EST, but not too long each day because of my shitload of homework; actually, I would prefer if the tutor was available before 10PM as well, maybe 8 or 9 (all EST).]
What tier do you want to learn?: Wi-Fi/Battle Tower/In-Game (But if you insist an actual tier, OU and maybe UU, and NU and Ubers for fun)
Tell us a little about yourself:
Read this: I am a very technical person. I like mechanical Pokemon, like Porygon(2/-Z) and Magnezone and Metagross. My favorite Pokemon is Castform. I like the Trick Room and Gravity strategies. I also like Stall. I cannot make any type of team and I want this tutoring for Battle Frontier and Wi-Fi battling and specifically Team Building (an also for in-game team building). I only want to use breedable Pokemon for that (one I can get by breeding) and I want to try to use as few TMs/HMs/Move Tutors as possible. I don't like Smogoners copy movesets from online and use the same Pokemon as everyone else. I want to make original teams and to make them on my own. I also want to try to use Pokemon I like (which I didn't list all of here).
Read this if you're bored: My favorite music genres are Metal, Rock, and Video Game Music. My favorite subject is Math (which I am pretty good at). I am a general nerd and like Nintendo video games like Mario Kart Wii and also Yu-Gi-Oh! I hate lots of things with a passion (watching sports, obsession over celebrities, MySpace/Facebook/Twitter, sex-related jokes (lol), violence, and bad music which cares more about lyrics than the actual music). I really shouldn't even be here, it seems, but where else will I learn about Pokemon. Just don't make me obsessive over predicting and copying sets and liking Smogon tiers more than Nintendo ones. Good luck finding me a tutor, lol.

Yes, I just copied and pasted this from the Zone A thread. If there is a tutor in the Zone A that suits me better, feel free to assign me to them (and please do).

Username:Tok09
Shoddy Username: Tok09
Your timezone: GMT + 11 (Sydney)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm very much into Speed Solving the Rubik's Cube and gaming, of which most is Pokemon. I also very enjoy the subject of science. From the 16th I will on pretty much all the time, since my school holidays start. I've wanted to sign up to this, but always missed the oppurtunity. As my Pokemon skills, I've had a few battles, but what has really been letting me down is my team building skills. I have watched many battles on YouTube and I hope to learn how to play Pokemon with confidence.

Username: Corndog
Shoddy Username: Corndog
Your timezone: GMT - 8
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been here (mostly lurking) for a little over a month. I'm quite awful at this game, so I'm hoping whoever I get paired up with is willing to tolerate that. I'm prepared to learn, though, and looking to do so as much as possible through this program. Hopefully I'll at least understand the basics by the end of it.

Username:Maris
Shoddy Username: Maris
Your timezone: PST gmt -8
What tier do you want to learn?: OU UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a relativly new guy. I like being heavily on the offensive at all times. I have trouble with metagame changes sometimes. I build my teams through the time tested meathod of trial and error.

Username: metalrush
Shoddy Username: metalrush, StrtgyX
Your timezone: GMT-5
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student. I've been interested in competitive battling for a while now, so I would like to know teambuilding and prediction, the basic stuff. I like metal and I'll do my best to learn.

Username: Plopper
Shoddy Username: Plopper, Ploppahthemagician, Revenge-kill
Timezone: GMT +2
What tier do you want to learn? OU and UU, mostly.
Misc. Information about me: I've been a lurker here for more than 3 years, but I've joined a few months ago. I have a lot of free time in my hands now. I'd like to learn more about the OU as my CRE is struggling between 1100-1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)