(Archive) Small Objective Changes Thread

hitmontop's bulk up set:

Hitmontop can use Bulk Up to increase its already high Attack and decent Defense, making it very tough to take down. With Hitmontop's defenses so high, it would be a shame to waste them with Close Combat, but luckily Hitmontop has Technician to utilize the move Revenge to its fullest potential. The strategy starts by scouting your opponent's counters, and then weakening them with strong STAB attacks. If your opponent either does not have a good counter, or has a counter that relies on physical attacks, you can proceed to Bulk Up right away. With a couple of Bulk Ups, Hitmontop can sweep the opposing team with Revenge for STAB, Sucker Punch for coverage and priority, and Stone Edge to hit the rest of the Pokemon who resist Revenge and Bullet Punch. If you wish, you may use Mach Punch instead of Revenge, even though it isn't nearly as powerful or reliable.
I'm assuming it should be Sucker Punch (as opposed to it should be Mach Punch)

bullet punch is not on the set at all and mach punch is slashed in with revenge. mach punch isn't mentioned until after this sentence, so my assumption is it should be Sucker Punch.

at the very least, it should not be bullet punch, right?

Tyranitar
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/tyranitar

Team Options Section, 2nd paragraph:
"A Tyranitar using you have to predict what is coming in."
This makes no sense, I guess it's supposed to be "When using a Tyranitar you have to predict what is coming in."

EVs:
Choice Band: There are two main ways to EV Tyranitar. The most common way is to go 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Special Defense and an Adamant nature. This gives you plenty of survivability without compromising Attack. The other option is to use 252 HP / 40 Attack / 216 Special Defense Careful. This puts your Special Defense up sky- high and lets you live through a Timid Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast 100% of the time (and thus you will live through anything from most special attackers, although Modest Life Orb Gengar has a 38% chance to OHKO). You still have plenty of Attack thanks to Tyranitar's high base stats and Choice Band, but you will feel the power loss in some cases. A Timid nature is acceptable to outspeed minimum Speed Rotom-A and max Speed Scizor, though the loss of power is noticeable versus Skarmory. Choice Specs follows a similar distribution set, except you'd obviously want Special Attack over Attack and a Calm nature instead of Careful. A Jolly nature is viable if you wish to outspeed most defensive Rotom-A and Adamant Scizor.
I think the bolded sentences are supposed to be switched, because the natures don't match up, however, I don't know if that's the solution.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/electrode

In the "Counters" section (first paragraph), it implies Electrode can learn Ice Beam, where I presume it should read "Hidden Power Ice".

Electrode Analysis page said:
They also handle any of the Pokemon who benefit from Rain Dance reasonably well, although they must watch out for Ice Beam.
I re-read this through a few times, just to make sure they way I was getting it was incorrect, but I am sure this should read Hidden Power Ice as the paragraph is referring to Electrode itself, and not something that can switch in with the rain boost.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/scyther

Under the Sweeper set, it says "Electric-type Pokemon aren't very common apart from Raikou (who is faster than Scyther)". I believe it should be changed since Raikou has since left for BL, and thus descriptions of Raikou should probably best be removed, as Scyther plays mainly in UU.

Looked at the Machop analysis, good read. However, two small errors.

Overview
On top of that, you can slap a Choice Scarf of Machop, making it into a speedy sweeping machine,

I believe it should be on Machop, not of Machop.

Under the description for the choice scarf set, there's another error.

Payback is usedes to hit Ghosts on the switch, while Ice Punch takes care of Gligar.

Should be used, not usedes.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/scyther

Under the Sweeper set, it says "Electric-type Pokemon aren't very common apart from Raikou (who is faster than Scyther)". I believe it should be changed since Raikou has since left for BL, and thus descriptions of Raikou should probably best be removed, as Scyther plays mainly in UU.
Looked at the Machop analysis, good read. However, two small errors.

Overview
On top of that, you can slap a Choice Scarf of Machop, making it into a speedy sweeping machine,

I believe it should be on Machop, not of Machop.

Under the description for the choice scarf set, there's another error.

Payback is usedes to hit Ghosts on the switch, while Ice Punch takes care of Gligar.

Should be used, not usedes.
Both fixed. Thanks.

"Worse yet, Hypnosis's accuracy is now a measly 60%,"

In the Milotic analysis.

It always had 60% acc from every gen's move description. What am I not seeing here?

On the Empoleon analysis, under the Swords Dance + Priority set, it says
This set tears through most of Empoleon's normal counters. Blissey is 2HKOed by Earthquake after a Swords Dance. Ludicolo, Heracross, and Breloom are all horribly hurt by Drill Peck, though the latter two you'd want to nail on the switch.
'Earthquake' should be changed to 'Drill Peck', as Drill Peck is stronger due to STAB.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/houndour

In the Counters section, second paragraph:

Houndour is basically countered by anything faster than it that can take an attack followed by a Sucker Punch, such as Munchlax, but anything that switches in is going to lose a lot of health.

The last time I checked, Munchlax is not faster than Houndour, however it can take an attack followed by a Sucker Punch. Something needs to be at least reworded or something.

The Froslass Page says Its BL, while the page still mentions UU references and does not mention OU at all.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm writing the OU Froslass analysis and am currently testing things, which is why it's not up yet.

You can check the OU Analysis subforum for the incomplete version though.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mewtwo

Overview:
Mewtwo, also known as the classic “God” of Pokémon, is certainly no slouch. Its offensive stats and huge Speed coupled with its amazing offensive movepool, giving coverage on pretty much any Pokemon, are hard to compare with other Pokémon. Mewtwo might have to share its throne with Kyogre, Darkrai, and other powerful threats; however, Mewtwo has a lot going for it with its “perfectly placed” stats and vast movepool. One of Mewtwo's most fearsome qualities is its amazing versatility. It can function well as a sweeper, a wall to many threats in the Ubers metagame with its underestimated bulk and plethora of defensive moves, or a supporter, so one must be extremely careful of Mewtwo's sheer unpredictability. In fact, Mewtwo many skills make it pretty much uncounterable. Mewtwo's only bad qualities are its bad STAB and lack of resistances that a lot of other Uber Pokemon can boast, but these are very minor faults. “Fear” is the one thing you should think about when facing a Mewtwo, as it is one of the most dangerous Pokemon in the game.
Should read as Mewtwo's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)