Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rules of thumb: The higher the stat, the more EVs it takes to increase said stat

Most stats max at 196 or 236 EVs

Any other knowledge you need on EVs can be found by simply messing with the numbers
This is incorrect, actually. The number of EVs required to max a stat depends on the units digit of the stat. The reason why most stats max at 196 or 236 is that many stats end in 0 or 5, which require 196 and 236 EVs to max, respectively.

PO's teambuilder made manually finding EVs pretty useless, but with no sliders currently on PS, learning at least 36/116/196 for x0 and 76/156/236 for x5 stats is pretty useful.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I guess I've just never paid attention to base stats

The point still stands most stats max at 196 and 236, and learning the little rules iss mentioned is only useful if you can memorize Pokemon's base stats, which I can't.

iss

let's play bw lc!
Little Cup isn't really implemented into the cartridge (neither is any Smogon metagame). If you do battles over Wi-Fi, I'd suggest you stick to Smogon rules. The game won't prevent you from bringing banned Pokemon though.

Sadly we can't. The Gothorita giveaway was male only, so it can grow to be Gothitelle but it can't breed its Shadow Tag ability to its offspring.

The best switchins to Snover are indeed Steel-types. The problem is that they all lack recovery and will be worn down pretty fast (luckily Snover tends to get worn down quickly as well, especially if you have SR. Fire-types also work decently. Steels have to watch out for HP Fire though, and Fire-types have to be careful of HP Rock (especially Larvesta) and Stealth Rock wearing them down.

Bronzor, Larvesta, Eviolite Pawniard, Houndour, and Ponyta are all decent switchins. Munchlax and Lickitung do OK too. The analysis also mentions Tentacool, who is I suppose good as well. If I had to pick the one I would use, it would probably be Larvesta, because 1) it has recovery in Morning Sun (even though its gimped by Hail), and 2) it has lots of other functions (screws over Mienfoo, spams U-turn to gain momentum, etc).

The best switchins to Snover are indeed Steel-types. The problem is that they all lack recovery and will be worn down pretty fast (luckily Snover tends to get worn down quickly as well, especially if you have SR. Fire-types also work decently. Steels have to watch out for HP Fire though, and Fire-types have to be careful of HP Rock (especially Larvesta).

Bronzor, Larvesta, Eviolite Pawniard, Houndour, and Ponyta are all decent switchins. Munchlax and Lickitung do OK too. The analysis also mentions Tentacool, who is I suppose good as well.
Thanks will be using Houndour. It also helps with my Missy weakness.

This is a goofy question, but Murkrow is listed as NU, but it has a LC set on Smogon
Same with Misdreavus.
I think that if Smogon in it's infinte wisdom put out a little cup xet, that means the poke can be used in NU or LC
But my opponent who just disconnected in a wifi match insists they are NU, not LC
But they are level 5 exactly according to the smogon sets.

iss

let's play bw lc!
LC's tiering is completely seperate from the Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU system. Since some LC Pokemon are viable in NU, they have NU analyses. Smogon lists the highest tier a Pokemon has an analysis for. They are still LC legal, however, unless they are explicitly banned by LC.

How to start a little cup battle in g5?

please help:

how can i create a lc battle in bw2? i cant find the rules like in gen4, that you could choose when searching.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Would Unnerve be a viable choice over Mold Breaker for Axew? Seeing as it doesn't really have any moves to abuse Mold Breaker with, and there are a fair number of berry users in LC.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
both abilities are generally useless, but mold breaker is probably better because there are no berry users in lc aside from dwebble, who has sturdy which gets stopped by mold breaker. mold breaker just helps against some things like shelmet, dwebble

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would have posted on an np thread, but I don't see one :o

Just saw someone owning with Darumaka. I've also seen mons like Ponyta and Houndour being lethal in LC. Which is the best LC fire-type, and what are good ways to support it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)