Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer

Discussion in 'BW LC' started by Dubulous, Jan 28, 2011.

1. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is incorrect, actually. The number of EVs required to max a stat depends on the units digit of the stat. The reason why most stats max at 196 or 236 is that many stats end in 0 or 5, which require 196 and 236 EVs to max, respectively.

PO's teambuilder made manually finding EVs pretty useless, but with no sliders currently on PS, learning at least 36/116/196 for x0 and 76/156/236 for x5 stats is pretty useful.
  2. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Yeah I guess I've just never paid attention to base stats

The point still stands most stats max at 196 and 236, and learning the little rules iss mentioned is only useful if you can memorize Pokemon's base stats, which I can't.
  3. Totes

Totes

Is the only way to get rapid spin and bug bite on a pineco for little cup is by breeding?
  4. iss

iss happily ever after

Yes. You can get Bug Bite through a tutor but Rapid Spin must be bred.
  5. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

Are Scyther and Sneasel allowed into the Little Cup by the game?
  6. iss

iss happily ever after

Little Cup isn't really implemented into the cartridge (neither is any Smogon metagame). If you do battles over Wi-Fi, I'd suggest you stick to Smogon rules. The game won't prevent you from bringing banned Pokemon though.
  7. Shinji Mimura

Shinji Mimura

Has anybody tried Shadow Tag Gothita?
  8. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Sadly we can't. The Gothorita giveaway was male only, so it can grow to be Gothitelle but it can't breed its Shadow Tag ability to its offspring.
  9. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

I need a Safe Snover (Blizzard) swith-in, any thoughts?
  10. Gengan

Gengan

Well, I'll ask what tier, but anything with a Steel-typing is usually a decent switch-in.
  11. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

Yeah I know but who...
  12. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

The best switchins to Snover are indeed Steel-types. The problem is that they all lack recovery and will be worn down pretty fast (luckily Snover tends to get worn down quickly as well, especially if you have SR. Fire-types also work decently. Steels have to watch out for HP Fire though, and Fire-types have to be careful of HP Rock (especially Larvesta) and Stealth Rock wearing them down.

Bronzor, Larvesta, Eviolite Pawniard, Houndour, and Ponyta are all decent switchins. Munchlax and Lickitung do OK too. The analysis also mentions Tentacool, who is I suppose good as well. If I had to pick the one I would use, it would probably be Larvesta, because 1) it has recovery in Morning Sun (even though its gimped by Hail), and 2) it has lots of other functions (screws over Mienfoo, spams U-turn to gain momentum, etc).
  13. Mylo Xyloto

Mylo Xyloto

Thanks will be using Houndour. It also helps with my Missy weakness.
  14. Lord of the Fireflies

Lord of the Fireflies

Are the Hoenn starters legal with their DW ability? If they are, do they have any restrictions appart from 4th Gen tutor and TM moves?
  15. Gengan

Gengan

They are not legal. All starters that received a DW ability received it at lvl 10 and male, making the abilities illegal.
  16. Bald Accountant

Bald Accountant

This is a goofy question, but Murkrow is listed as NU, but it has a LC set on Smogon
    Same with Misdreavus.
    I think that if Smogon in it's infinte wisdom put out a little cup xet, that means the poke can be used in NU or LC
    But my opponent who just disconnected in a wifi match insists they are NU, not LC
    But they are level 5 exactly according to the smogon sets.
  17. iss

iss happily ever after

LC's tiering is completely seperate from the Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU system. Since some LC Pokemon are viable in NU, they have NU analyses. Smogon lists the highest tier a Pokemon has an analysis for. They are still LC legal, however, unless they are explicitly banned by LC.
  18. Bald Accountant

Bald Accountant

Thanks, that's what I thought
  19. Nicoelson

Nicoelson

How to start a little cup battle in g5?

please help:

how can i create a lc battle in bw2? i cant find the rules like in gen4, that you could choose when searching.
  20. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Our official simulator is Pokemon Showdown!.

Rules can be found here.
  21. Agonist

Agonist He had seen it, felt its might, bent under
    is a Forum Moderator

Would Unnerve be a viable choice over Mold Breaker for Axew? Seeing as it doesn't really have any moves to abuse Mold Breaker with, and there are a fair number of berry users in LC.
  22. SpecsX

SpecsX

Unnerve is actually the preferred ability in LC for the reasons you stated.
  23. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

both abilities are generally useless, but mold breaker is probably better because there are no berry users in lc aside from dwebble, who has sturdy which gets stopped by mold breaker. mold breaker just helps against some things like shelmet, dwebble
  24. Pocket

Pocket Nyanko Sensei >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Leader

I would have posted on an np thread, but I don't see one :o

Just saw someone owning with Darumaka. I've also seen mons like Ponyta and Houndour being lethal in LC. Which is the best LC fire-type, and what are good ways to support it?
  25. Gengan

Gengan

There isn't really a "best" Fire-type in LC; each one has their own pros and cons.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)