Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition) - Mark II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking for a few months now, and the CAP forums did catch my eye.

Mine is a question mostly just out of curiosity: I'm assuming CAP sprites' colouring is done as if it would be able to be displayed in-game on a DS. If said assumption is true, then how would one go about this in a program like Paint, given Paint merely uses a 0-255 scale for red, green, and blue?

I've been lurking for a few months now, and the CAP forums did catch my eye.

Mine is a question mostly just out of curiosity: I'm assuming CAP sprites' colouring is done as if it would be able to be displayed in-game on a DS. If said assumption is true, then how would one go about this in a program like Paint, given Paint merely uses a 0-255 scale for red, green, and blue?
Unless I'm severely mistaken, the DS supports the entire spectrum. Pokemon sprites have a set number of colors with generally four shades per color (so 8 - 16 max) including black.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Unless I'm severely mistaken, the DS supports the entire spectrum. Pokemon sprites have a set number of colors with generally four shades per color (so 8 - 16 max) including black.
Adding onto this, there are no limitations to the amount of colors you use when making CAP sprites. However, many CAP artists choose to stick to the 16 color limit in order to make it look more authentic.

So far, some CAPs have received created moves/abilities to make sure their concepts are able to be realised to an extent not possible otherwise. If a future CAP's concept required it to work the best it could, would created held items also be considered?

So far, some CAPs have received created moves/abilities to make sure their concepts are able to be realised to an extent not possible otherwise. If a future CAP's concept required it to work the best it could, would created held items also be considered?
no, but i can't think of a legal concept that would require that anyway.

How do I get a senior, mod or admin to be a topic leader for my pokemon design and how to I get my design to the TL and masses?

topic leaders are chosen by the community at the start of every CAP run. once that is done, you can submit your concept in the "concept submissions" thread. however, make sure you read the rules of that thread carefully. they can be found here

Is there a list that shows all the new moves the CAP pokemon got? I found out the hard way that pyroak gets dragon dance and a large attack increase, what else is new? Is it just pyroak?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
When Generation 5 comes out (e.g. end of this year) are all the CAP's going to be revamped again to Gen 5 standards? Like new moves, IV or EV changes (unlikely but possible) etc.

When Generation 5 comes out (e.g. end of this year) are all the CAP's going to be revamped again to Gen 5 standards? Like new moves, IV or EV changes (unlikely but possible) etc.
There ''may'' be a revamp like what we had to be done with Platinum and HG/SS, with the adding of new moves, including legalizing some move combinations etc. Not too sure about the IV and EVs changes, but its likely not going to happen.

I suspect it'll really depend on the level of differentiation between Gen IV and Gen V. It's one of those "we'll have to wait and see" things.

im a little new, i want to get involved in CAP, and i read that in order to be eligible i must be active in prior CAP projects. my question is what could i do to become active in these projects? is it merely posting on threads or must i contact a moderator?

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
im a little new, i want to get involved in CAP, and i read that in order to be eligible i must be active in prior CAP projects. my question is what could i do to become active in these projects? is it merely posting on threads or must i contact a moderator?
Uh lol PRC isnt a committee that does all of the CAP, it's simply a committee that elects the TL who carries out the project. You will be able to participate, don't worry.

ok, I've been able to log onto the server the past few days, but I tried logging on just now and I got an error report. what happened to the CAP server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)