Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Let's say that I have a Choice Scarf Rotom-W that switches on a Flamethrower from Blissey. Then, Rotom-W tricks Choice Scarf on Blissey. Can she use Toxic after being tricked (of course she would be forced to use Toxic repeatedly), or she will be forced to use Flamethrower again, or she will fail to move?

Let's say that I have a Choice Scarf Rotom-W that switches on a Flamethrower from Blissey. Then, Rotom-W tricks Choice Scarf on Blissey. Can she use Toxic after being tricked (of course she would be forced to use Toxic repeatedly), or she will be forced to use Flamethrower again, or she will fail to move?
She can use toxic, sadly D;

Hi guys. I'd like to make a joint team, balance/stall oriented, around SubCM Suicune. If anyone is interested, please PM me and we'll get started making a team. Two heads are better than one, and I think that building a team around an underrated threat would be fun and successful.

Hey guys, I am thinking about making a Trick Room team. Is there a guide to OU Trick Room I may read? Also, one of the pokemon I may use is Slowbro. Can I use a Relaxed nature and its Tank set, replacing something with Trick Room?

Hey guys, I am thinking about making a trick room team. Is there a guide to OU trick room I may read? Also, one of the pokemon I may use is slowbro. Can I use a relaxed nature and its Tank set, replacing something with Trick Room?
Short answer, no and yes.

No to OU Trick Room guide, I checked a while back while looking for available unwritten articles. There is one for last generation but obviously that's not going to help much.

As for Slowbro, definitely, I did exactly that in UU a while back and it functioned spectacularly. Just pick whichever option you need the least and replace it with Trick Room. Simple! And Slowbro excels at both setting up and abusing Trick Room.

Is Outrage present during sleep? because I played a game in which my Salamence was using Outrage and then my opponent put Mence to sleep, the next turn I was unable to do anything, basically I was unable to switch out. Just wondering if this mechanic is right?

Dark Fallen Angel

Is Outrage present during sleep? because I played a game in which my Salamence was using Outrage and then my opponent put Mence to sleep, the next turn I was unable to do anything, basically I was unable to switch out. Just wondering if this mechanic is right?
What game was this? As far as I know, sleeping disrupts Outrage because it will be not successful; a pokémon cannot sleep and move at same time (unless you are using Sleep Talk, of course)... at least is so in Gen V

Hi, I'm thinking of making a baton passing team. There are no guides written for Gen 5. I'm just wondering what are some common team memebers and sweepers??

I know ninjask, vapereon, smeargle, scizor can be used, but i could really use some advice here.

Dark Fallen Angel

Hi, I'm thinking of making a baton passing team. There are no guides written for Gen 5. I'm just wondering what are some common team memebers and sweepers??

I know ninjask, vapereon, smeargle, scizor can be used, but i could really use some advice here.
Have you tried using Gorebyss? She can pass Shell Smash boosts.

A question about the ability Colour Change: Suppose you use a Fire-type attack on Kecleon, does the burn chance occur before it changes to a Fire-type? Because Fire-types can't be burned...

Related question: If a Pokemon uses Conversion/Conversion2 to change to a type that's immune to a status it's currently afflicted by (e.g. Steel for Poison, Fire for Burn), is the status removed?

Dark Fallen Angel

Related question: If a Pokemon uses Conversion/Conversion2 to change to a type that's immune to a status it's currently afflicted by (e.g. Steel for Poison, Fire for Burn), is the status removed?
The status is not removed, even if that type is immune. A burned Pokemon that changes to a Fire-type still remains burned, but if cured from burn, it can't be burned again, unless it changes to another type.

Hey guys,

I'm running a team of ScarfToed | Special DNite | SubPunch Breloom | LO Starmie | SDefensive Mew | Defensive Ferrothorn.

It's for an oddly-ruled tournament, so preferably I need to keep Dnite, Ferro and Mew but if one is absolutely needed to be removed to solve the problem, then that's fine.

What is the problem, you ask? Well, I'll tell you what it is, it's SubCM Jirachi. I have to be very clever to defeat it and I can't think of any decent way to work a counter into my team.

What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance :)

What game was this? As far as I know, sleeping disrupts Outrage because it will be not successful; a pokémon cannot sleep and move at same time (unless you are using Sleep Talk, of course)... at least is so in Gen V
It was on the Pokemon Online server so that's why I wasn't sure. And I don't remember it happening before.

Hey guys,

I'm running a team of ScarfToed | Special DNite | SubPunch Breloom | LO Starmie | SDefensive Mew | Defensive Ferrothorn.

It's for an oddly-ruled tournament, so preferably I need to keep Dnite, Ferro and Mew but if one is absolutely needed to be removed to solve the problem, then that's fine.

What is the problem, you ask? Well, I'll tell you what it is, it's SubCM Jirachi. I have to be very clever to defeat it and I can't think of any decent way to work a counter into my team.

What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance :)
It would help if you told us what the rules were if they're strange. But putting Perish Song on Politoed can help mitigate the problem. I've been using it on ScarfToed and it's worked well. Bulldoze on Ferro with a few Attack EVs can break Subs too, and he takes little damage except from HP Fire.

Perish song, never thought of that, excellent idea! Thanks a lot :)

I'm not sure if I'll be able to fill Bulldoze on Ferro, his moveset is all taken up by things which seem necessary, although I suppose I could replace Power Whip, what do you think?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to fill Bulldoze on Ferro, his moveset is all taken up by things which seem necessary, although I suppose I could replace Power Whip, what do you think?
I had the same problem with Jirachi and I tried Bulldoze. Feroothorn needs 192 EVs in Attack to break Jirachi's subs everytime. Also I wouldn't put it over Power Whip, which is more useful in most cases. You have to decide, if it's worth to use Bulldoze just for Jirachi (and maybe Magnezone).

I am an admitted newbie to the whole playing online thing. I've studied up and am EV training but I do have a question on tiers. When playing on Wi-Fi with another person let's say... I'm, challenging here on the forums, do I have to have all my pokemon in the same tier? Can I mix it up at all? Thank you to anyone who doesn't think I'm stupid for asking this question... :(

Dusk209

No relation.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can use any pokemon from the tier you're playing on, and you may also use pokemon from lower tiers. For example, you can use both Terrakion and Yanmega in the same OU team.

I am an admitted newbie to the whole playing online thing. I've studied up and am EV training but I do have a question on tiers. When playing on Wi-Fi with another person let's say... I'm, challenging here on the forums, do I have to have all my pokemon in the same tier? Can I mix it up at all? Thank you to anyone who doesn't think I'm stupid for asking this question... :(
No, but you can't use Pokemon from tiers higher than the one you guys are battling in. For instance, in an Underused battle you can use anything from Underused as well as anything from Borderline2, Rarelyused, and Neverused (as these are lower tiers). However, in an Underused battle you can not use anything from Borderline, Overused, or Uber as these are higher tiers.

Why is Drizzle+Swift Swim banned and not Drought+ Chlorophyll??

This has probably been asked and answered before but i still wanna know. Why is Drizzle+Swift Swim banned and not Drought+ Chlorophyll??

:happybrain::jump::jump::toast:

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Because Drizzle + Swift Swim was broken and Drought + Chlorophyll wasn't.

Chlorophyll mons not getting a sun boost on their STAB is likely part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)