Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a well put together team, but you might want to consider some changes such as adding Heat Wave on Honchkrow or Low Kick/Earthquake on Tyranitar to make sure you can handle a Steel team.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It learns Giga Drain, both through TM in Gen 4 and Dream World in Gen 5. If you think you found an error, I believe the proper place to report that is here.
Thanks for the link! I submitted it there, and the post got deleted as it ought to be, but the Tentacruel/Giga Drain error didn't get changed. Was this my bad?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the link! I submitted it there, and the post got deleted as it ought to be, but the Tentacruel/Giga Drain error didn't get changed. Was this my bad?
No, you're definitely correct, I'm not sure why that wasn't fixed. Maybe ask one of the mods about it?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Then consider this my question:

Was it wrong to say that Giga Drain not being present in Tentacruel's movepool page is an error?

Why is SubSplit Gengar played with 4 Def EV's in 4th Gen and 4 HP EV's in 5th Gen.? Wouldn't it be better to keep the HP as low as possible? Or is it actually pretty much immaterial?

It's a well put together team, but you might want to consider some changes such as adding Heat Wave on Honchkrow or Low Kick/Earthquake on Tyranitar to make sure you can handle a Steel team.
upon multiple testing on PO i have a greater concern with bug than Steel bar Skarmory. although its a pretty well balanced team and its created many rage quits. yet to test it against fighting but im sure that will go pretty well too as long as i dont stuff anything up

Why is SubSplit Gengar played with 4 Def EV's in 4th Gen and 4 HP EV's in 5th Gen.? Wouldn't it be better to keep the HP as low as possible? Or is it actually pretty much immaterial?
For the most part, the only time 1 HP will really matter is for hitting a Leftovers number, making odd number HP Substitutes, or making 101 HP Substitutes. You're right, when using Pain Split, lower HP is better, but that 261 or 262 HP is practically the same

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
A Zoroark was released as an event a while back, and it knew Snarl. Because Snarl is in Liepard's TM list, it can be bred onto it thanks to Zoroark
Not quite accurate. It can be bred to Liepard because it's in Purrloin's TM list, and there are some Pokémon (don't remember off the top of my head) that can learn Snarl and are in a compatible egg group but still can't get it currently because their first stage can't learn it.

Really sorry but I didn't know where to post this question and google was not being helpful.

Okay so we all know that Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini can't be caught/seen shiny correct in Dragonspiral Tower or Team Plasma Castle (Liberty Island for victini but that's beside the point). My question is does anyone have a good source of information that says why it's impossible that can convince someone that reads it and link me to it? I met a liar/hacker on the pokemon charity chat talking about Shiny Zekrom and I really just wana post a link to something like that ever time I see him and this one girl arguing.

Again sorry if wrong place, I really couldn't figure it out where to post this question and google results gave me one line answers.

Not quite accurate. It can be bred to Liepard because it's in Purrloin's TM list, and there are some Pokémon (don't remember off the top of my head) that can learn Snarl and are in a compatible egg group but still can't get it currently because their first stage can't learn it.
Zorua, Purrloin, and Smeargle share the same egg group which is the Field group (the largest one)

See more here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snarl#By_breeding

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Really sorry but I didn't know where to post this question and google was not being helpful.

Okay so we all know that Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini can't be caught/seen shiny correct in Dragonspiral Tower or Team Plasma Castle (Liberty Island for victini but that's beside the point). My question is does anyone have a good source of information that says why it's impossible that can convince someone that reads it and link me to it? I met a liar/hacker on the pokemon charity chat talking about Shiny Zekrom and I really just wana post a link to something like that ever time I see him and this one girl arguing.

Again sorry if wrong place, I really couldn't figure it out where to post this question and google results gave me one line answers.
It's probably buried in the research thread somewhere, I'd suggest sending a PM to one of the researchers.
Zorua, Purrloin, and Smeargle share the same egg group which is the Field group (the largest one)

See more here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snarl#By_breeding
I agreed with that ("It can be bred to Liepard because it's in Purrloin's TM list"), I was just saying that the answer was slightly misleading because some Pokémon can't learn it through breeding despite being in the same egg group, for instance Umbreon.

Posting some news :
_Keldeo's base stats stay the same, no matter which is its current form.
_Black Kyurem base stats are indeed 125/170/100/120/90/95 : Total 700 (announced previously in this thread I think)
_White Kyurem base stats are indeed 125/120/90/170/100/95 : Total 700 (announced previously as well)
_Tornadus Therian Form base stats are 79/100/80/110/90/121 : Total 580
_Thundurus Therian Form base stats are 79/105/70/145/80/101 : Total 580
_Landorus Therian Form base stats are 89/145/90/105/80/91 : Total 600
Source: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3468375&page=18

I think this may be too early to know, but is there any news on B2W2 mechanics changes so far? Stuff like the Sheer Force+Life Orb not taking recoil, or the explosion nerf.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
I think this may be too early to know, but is there any news on B2W2 mechanics changes so far? Stuff like the Sheer Force+Life Orb not taking recoil, or the explosion nerf.
I have not seen anything on the game mechanics yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)