Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite a question but more of a suggestion:

Since the OU CCAP Project actually got closed due to impossibility to decide for one playstyle, how about everyone that actually still wants to create a team about "their strategy" just opens up a new thread, naming it something like: "CCAP-Lite: *insert Random strategy here*".

I personally wasn't a fan of neither Sun-Stall nor Quick-Stall (since I'm a notorious offensive player), so I'm likely not going to join any of them, but I guess this idea would find a lot of positive feedback, as both sides already made quite some comments about what makes their teams that effective and I would like to see that they actually get the chance to move further.

Have fun with that-

looking for a list pokemon that could work in a duel weather sun/rain team, been a while since i have played so i need a little hand to brush up on my knowlage

looking for a list pokemon that could work in a duel weather sun/rain team, been a while since i have played so i need a little hand to brush up on my knowlage
Anything with acess to Fire moves and Hurricane/Thunder should do well

Off the top of my head, Dragonite, Volcarona, Moltres all get Hurricane and supa powaful fire moves, while Rotom-H gets Overheat and Thunder.

malomyotismon said:
Genesect provides u-turn support, as well as packing thunder or maybe flamethrower, but really sect fits anywhere.

Anything with acess to Fire moves and Hurricane/Thunder should do well

Off the top of my head, Dragonite, Volcarona, Moltres all get Hurricane and supa powaful fire moves, while Rotom-H gets Overheat and Thunder.
irnoic that moltress was my first pick for some loving, as a rappid spinner what ould be best?, i am thinking starmie for offensive presence

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Not quite a question but more of a suggestion:

Since the OU CCAP Project actually got closed due to impossibility to decide for one playstyle, how about everyone that actually still wants to create a team about "their strategy" just opens up a new thread, naming it something like: "CCAP-Lite: *insert Random strategy here*".

I personally wasn't a fan of neither Sun-Stall nor Quick-Stall (since I'm a notorious offensive player), so I'm likely not going to join any of them, but I guess this idea would find a lot of positive feedback, as both sides already made quite some comments about what makes their teams that effective and I would like to see that they actually get the chance to move further.

Have fun with that-
Or we could just wait and see if they come out with a better format; I don't think Electrolyte will stop trying to run a CCAT-like project just because this one stalled in an early phase. Maybe I'm wrong, but even if I am I think it's better to wait some days and see how the situation settles.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Yeah, Electrolyte will probably come back in a couple weeks with another CCAT thread, and hopefully this time he'll base what playstyle we run on voting instead of arbitrary discussion that we can't tally up on a chalkboard and determine the winner from there.

CCAT is a big project and I don't think a "Lite" version of it will be very successful.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah, CCAT is definitely coming back. The mods and I are brewing over some changes that we still have to decide on. Still, it shouldn't take too long~

You could say that the first one was a test-run, because there were some ideas that were not really thought out thoroughly nor tested as successful. Hopefully, it won't happen again. I'm glad you guys are all so excited about this!

What does everyone think of this set for a Mew? I based it off of what I think is a very effective Reuniclus set in OU, and can now be used by Mew effectively in UU.

Mew@Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Nature: Bold

Moves:
~Psyshock/Psychic
~Focus Blast
~Calm Mind
~Softboiled

This set is exactly the same as the Reuniclus counterpart, and while Mew may have other sets it can pull off that Reuniclus can't, such as a Nasty Plot set, this Mew aims to be an extremely bulky tank with it's 100/100/100 defenses being complemented by continual Calm Mind boosts. I've played with this a few times in UU and it seems to do its job well, tanking hits well while simultaneously proving to be a major offensive force after only one or two Calm Minds. However, it is completely walled by Psychic types and has speed problems, but I think it could be a new and effective set for Mew. Although I'm not sure how impressive it is coming up with a new set for one of the most versatile Pokemon in the game. What do you guys think of this set on Mew?

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
hmm okay so if i look at it theoretically first glance, the set seems okay, but i don't see a lot going for it. it doesn't have the speed and typing of say latias, so as a subCMer or support/CM it's out. it doesn't have the stats of meloetta-A or keldeo, so as an all-out offensive CMer, it's out. and if compared to reuniclus, reuniclus has one gigantic advantage: magic guard means it's basically status proof, where as mew cannot break stall with its cm set because it'll die to toxic. so as a stallbreaker, it's out.

however it does have the stats and what not to make a happy medium between these various CM roles, so i don't think it can be completely written off. it's in an awkward position between other calm minders though.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
One of Mew's greatest boons is its amazing movepool. Mew can really exploit its coverage through a Nasty Plot + 3 Attack set, however I do see the utility in a bulkier CM set. I would definitely recommend using Aura Sphere over Focus Blast, as the set is focused more on slow boosting and not immediate power. At +6 the difference between Aura Sphere and Focus Blast is going to be minimal. Aura Sphere will also always hit your opponent, while Focus Blast has pretty terrible accuracy as well as having lower PP than Aura Sphere.

Oh duh, I completely forgot Mew got Aura Sphere. Anyway, alkinesthetase, this set is meant to be used in UU, not OU, because obviously Reuniclus does its job better. In OU I can totally see it being outclassed and not working very well, but I can't think of any Pokemon in UU that fit that role.

As i've been reading through the site, i happened to hear that if you you use a Double stat boosting move like Rock Polish or Swords dance, it will increase said stat 2x. Is this true because i though it increased by sixths or something

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As i've been reading through the site, i happened to hear that if you you use a Double stat boosting move like Rock Polish or Swords dance, it will increase said stat 2x. Is this true because i though it increased by sixths or something
Stat modifiers work like this:

-6: x1/4
-5: x2/7
-4: x1/3
-3: x2/5
-2: x1/2
-1: x2/3
0: x1
+1: x1.5
+2: x2
+3: x2.5
+4: x3
+5: x3.5
+6: x4

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
voodoo pimp is right about the multipliers, but think about it this way if it helps you understand it in your head:

the stat multiplier starts at 2/2 when you're at +0; 2 divided by 2 equals 1. each boost above +0 increases the numerator by 1 - you go to 3/2, 4/2, 5/2, all the way to 8/2. each drop below +0 increases the denominator by 1 - you go to 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, 2/6, all the way to 2/8.

this should give you an idea of why boosts are so powerful - each upward boost adds another half, where as downward drops have diminishing return and generally stop being useful after you push something to approx -2.

and bobbery, didn't notice it was for uu, my bad >_> uu has its own sqsa thread though if you want to ask questions specifically about that metagame

i am supprised mew has not gone up a little in usage to fill the void celebi left when genesect came as mew now has a much easier time pullling off celebii's sets in this genesect infected meta game than celebi dose, mainly nasty plot, batton pass, celebi has to resort to hp fire to beat gene sect mew can slap on fire punch or flame thrower or fire blast and still not sacrifice coverage.

Where Level i the attacker's level, Attack is attacker's Atk or SpAtk, Defense is defender's Def or SpDef, Base is the base power of the move and modifier can be stab, Life Orb, supereffective, burn, etc.. etc...

Everything is then multiplied by a random number between 0.85 and 1.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)