Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you calculate stat drops?
For example: Say my Blissey has a Defense -1 drop due to Leer, and it's original defense stat was 130. What would be the defense stat after Leer?

Because we're not the programmers. :P

Also, I have a question.. What would be the ideal Speed to aim for with an Adamant/Lonely/Naughty DD Dragonite?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23432

How do you calculate stat drops?
For example: Say my Blissey has a Defense -1 drop due to Leer, and it's original defense stat was 130. What would be the defense stat after Leer?
+1 defense (or what ever except accuracy /evasion) = *1.5 boost
+2 = *2 boost
+3 = *2.5 boost
+4 = *3 boost
+5= *3.5 boost
+6= *4 boost
----------
-1 = *.66 lower <--- thats you 130 *.66 = 85.8 defense
-2 = *.5 lower
-3 = *.4 lower
-4 = *.33 lower
-5 = *.285 lower
-6 = *.25 lower

I dont have Emerald, does it count as a hack if i use the move modifier code to teach pokemon Emerald tutor moves??

Is there a move combo of two types that hits all pokemon for neutruel or higher damage, like boltbeam but unresisted?
I think Fighting / Ghost is only resisted by type combinations that don't exist yet, like Ghost / Normal.

There was a thread about this by Dragontamer recently. Look through Stark Mountain for something called "Brute Force count of attacking type combinations" or something like that.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dont have Emerald, does it count as a hack if i use the move modifier code to teach pokemon Emerald tutor moves??
Yes, because then the pokemon will appear to have come from D/P but know Emerald moves. Everyone will be able to tell.

What is the best spread for a leading Magmortar with Choice Scarf?
Needs enough Atk to 2HKO Blissey and speed to out run other scarfers, like Heracross.

Ok, the best I got was:

Magmortar @ Choice Scarf
Lonely @ 252 Atk /10 Sp Atk / 248 Speed
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- HP Ice
- Cross Chop

Sincerely, I think it sucks.

What Moveset Should i Give my Shiny Cacturne!

It is level 52, i just caught it yesterday.

Adamant Natured, with around 15 att IVs and 20 Spd Ivs, untouched.

Yes, i realise there are a lot of movesets listed on the competitive battling pages, but those movesets need counter and seed bomb.

I can manage to change seed bomb out for needle arm, but the loss of 20 BP.

Its counter that is the problem. That is an egg move too, but i cannot obtain it. The reason i am trying to train a cacturne if the only reason it is shiny.

So far, here is my moveset

Cacturne @ focus sash
Adamant w/ 252 att, 252 spe, 6 hp
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Needle Arm
Reversal/Destiny Bond/ Endure/ Sandstorm/ Something else that works

It is the last move i am woried about. Plz submit some movesets or changes that could be made. Thanks

Note: When thinking of a moveset, try making it suitable for OU or the wifi battle room. I want to actually use this shiny, as my other 3 are all UU noobies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)