Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I wanna post a set for cursing torkoal in dppt, can someone point me in the right direction for a set of rules and guide lines about stuff like that.

Hey everyone,
I'm SRing a Zapdos in Leaf Green. I know I want a bold/calm nature. Can anyone give me IV's to shoot for that are legal?

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I wanna post a set for cursing torkoal in dppt, can someone point me in the right direction for a set of rules and guide lines about stuff like that.
You may want to stick that in the 'New and Creative Movesets' thread, and get help on potentially improving it. Once you're happy with it, I guess you could post it in the Analysis Workshop in C&C, but you have to make absolutely sure that both your set and your description are perfect, and also read the Rules there. You may want to PM a mod to get their opinion, and you absolutely must test it and deem it worthy of a spot on your team.

However, A Cursing Torkoal is already listed in the Torkoal analysis under 'Other Options', and is useless mainly because of both a lack of STAB moves or anything to hurt Bulky Waters badly.

I'd say Stone Edge. Ice Punch is really only useful for Gliscor since Stone Edge already hits Flying types like Salamence hard enough anyways.

Question. If a pokemon like an Insomnia Honchkrow is holding a Lum Berry and its opponent uses Spore on it, will the berry be used up? If possible, please answer in both wi-fi and shoddy battle terms.

Question. If a pokemon like an Insomnia Honchkrow is holding a Lum Berry and its opponent uses Spore on it, will the berry be used up? If possible, please answer in both wi-fi and shoddy battle terms.
The item addresses a status condition, so if a pokemon does not get a status condition the item won't be used

I'm gonna buy Platinum today and get back into pokemon. Any tips for the new game? Should I SR for my starter? etc.

I'm gonna buy Platinum today and get back into pokemon. Any tips for the new game? Should I SR for my starter? etc.
only for a decent nature

Chimchar- Naive, Hasty, Lonely, Naughty, Mild, Rash(mixed attacker natures)

Piplup- Timid, Modest, Rash, Calm

Turtwig- Brave, Relaxed, Sassy, Lonely, Naughty, Adamant

run away from Giratina in the reverse world unless you're using a rebattle code so you can SR it later

Does anyone have the IV Check code for Platinum that doesn't make a bad egg or mess up a pokemon's stats? Also is there a IV check code thats like the one in D/P?

go into the GTS and make your pokemon look like lvl 100 (make sure it has no EVs, or you know exactly what they are) then plug it into a IV calc like this one http://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html

they dont have to be lvl 100, as long as u dont care EXACTLY what they are (ie. youd be happy with 30-31 instead of knowing exactly what it is)

go into the GTS and make your pokemon look like lvl 100 (make sure it has no EVs, or you know exactly what they are) then plug it into a IV calc like this one http://www.legendarypokemon.net/javacalc.html

they dont have to be lvl 100, as long as u dont care EXACTLY what they are (ie. youd be happy with 30-31 instead of knowing exactly what it is)
You don't have to go to the GTS and make the pokemon level 100. You can just stick them in the daycare for a bit until they hit level 15 or so and then you can calculate with enough precision to know whether your pokemon's IVs are any good.

Im only trying to ask for the codes some people use to breed. Knowing your ivs is really useful and saves you time. Also anyone know when the Rotom key is available for download on wifi?

try PMing some guys that you know use them. look around the Wifi forums to try to find out who does. and Nintendo hasn't told us when the key will be released

run away from Giratina in the reverse world unless you're using a rebattle code so you can SR it later
Are you sure about this? Where does he reappear? I don't want to waste time trying to SR for a good one (Not until postgame) and it'll be a pain in the but to leave, check his IVs and then redo it all over again when it sucks. Coupled with the fact I don't have a synchronizer. ~_~

Are you sure about this? Where does he reappear? I don't want to waste time trying to SR for a good one (Not until postgame) and it'll be a pain in the but to leave, check his IVs and then redo it all over again when it sucks. Coupled with the fact I don't have a synchronizer. ~_~
He appears in Turnback Cave like he was in Diamond/Pearl. You can continue to reset for IVs and Nature there which is independent from his stats when you see him in Torn World.

can u trade a platinum move tutor attack back to diamond, and if so, is there any forum on smogon or serebii that I could get someone to tutor over wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)