Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTS cloning won't work for me anymore on Pearl... Whenever I go back in to withdraw (after the reset and without the clonee in my party, meaning the cloning didn't work in the first place) I get a message saying 'X was not traded.' The clonee then appears in my party again. Any explanations?
To add, I searched back through this thread and it looks like just a few others have reported this, but nobody replied to any of them. So does GTS cloning not work any more? And if so... why isn't there a bigger fuss about it? :/

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Thehuntbegins...

I just used the GTS cloning glitch 3 times today in Pearl. My first try worked, my tenth try worked and my like (litererally) fiftieth try worked. (I REALLY needed to clone that crazy Ninetails!)

Hope that helps.

In that case, can someone help me find my Secret ID?
Unless you have an action replay, you'll have to ask somebody with Pokesav to find it for you (you just have to give them one of your pokemon). You can request here.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
My thread got locked, so I'll ask it here.

Having been gone from the battling scene for a year, what has changed with the addition of Platinum and the banning of Garchomp? Is getting Platinum worth the money and the time? Is Shoddybattle still the preferred battling program?

I just saw that this team: Heatran/Cresselia/Regirock/Shedinja finished highly in a doubles tournament and watched a video of it (http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=XeS_gTMiq_4) and have no idea how it works, someone care to fill me in?
LOL. Well, the first three were decimated horribly, so I can't tell you what they were supposed to be doing, but the Shedinja definitely took advantage of the fact that Ludicolo and Kingdra had nothing to use against it. I do believe it Swords Danced up and proceeded to sweep with the priority Shadow Sneak, but that's just a wild guess (I can't read Japanese, LOL). TBH, the player on our side of the field was an idiot in letting Shedinja set up. He should have switched to Gengar to Shadwo Ball immediately upon seeing Shedinja, instead of letting it set up to monstrous levels.

I've got a few random questions:

1. Does Smogon have a topic for discussion on the Platinum Battle Frontier? I saw the records topic, but I figured that wasn't the place for in-depth explanations (technical stuff, not the obvious stuff) or strategy discussion.

2. Is the chance to Thief/Covet/Trick/Switcheroo the Rare Candy from Celeste's or Liam's Blissey (before she Flings it) the only thing you ever get for battling the maids?

3. If Nintendo ever has another tournament where (their classifcation of) ubers will be allowed, do you all expect it will be at Level 100? I'd like to get a good idea about it before I level up my flawless Speed and Special Attack Timid TRU Shaymin past 50 (it's EV'd, but no Air Slash until 64... don't want to clone). I would assume yes, since there would be four (IIRC) usable Pokémon that are unobtainable until after level 50 (Mewtwo/Ho-oh/Tyranitar/Rayquaza). I know that they've banned the hidden legendaries in the past, so Shaymin could quite possibly never see tourney play, but I'd still like to know.

4. Would Modest be an acceptable nature over Timid for a NP sweeper Azelf? I know the suicide lead Azelf needs max speed, but I got what I recall as being a decent Modest one during my Diamond playthrough, so I'm wondering if it's worth EVing and leveling up.

I'd like to get multiple inputs on #3 and #4 if possible. Thanks everyone!

Well, your starters just bend over and die to Ice-type attacks, so you'd best have some backup Pokes to take their weaknesses. I'm thinking a Steel type to resist Sandstorm, ice, and dragon moves directed at Garchomp. Another problem I see is that Garchomp (and Hippowdon, to some extent) will miss having their Ground STAB in Earthquake, since neither will be immune to it. Since you want a Sandstorm team, Hippowdon should lead with possibly an Aerodactyl. Hippowdon can then freely Earthquake, while Aerodactyl will provide you with the valuable Taunt, which helps with the furious set-ups in Doubles. Garchomp can then be your backup sweeper waiting, paired with maybe a Heatran? *shrug* I just realized suggesting that Aerodactyl just added to your ice weakness. XD
Ah, thanks for the answer. I really like the Aerodactyl idea but as you said it does leave even more of a weakness to ice. And the one problem with Heatran is that a legit Heatran would have no ev's in this competition. Someone on another site suggessted Magnezone. I figure this would help, plus with Magnet Rise it wouldn't be hurt by earthqauke.

However, that still leads a slot open. I suppose I could throw in a Heatran or Empoleon so as to keep from having a major Fire weakness. What do you think?

And the one problem with Heatran is that a legit Heatran would have no ev's in this competition.
You can EV train a pokemon without leveling it up. EV train it like normal (take precautions to gain as little experience as possible) and then shove it in the PC. Exit the PC, enter again and withdraw. The EVs will take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)