Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously why isn't there a NU Ladder in Shoddy? I think if you can make strategies for OU and UU, you should be able to make strategies for NU and have a Ladder yknow.
As far as I know there isn't enough of a following in NU to bother doing it. The more ladders you have the more spread out your player base is which makes each ladder lower quality because it takes longer to get matches.

I gather that when evolving a pokemon with two abilities, there is a 50% chance of it having either ability. Is the result set in stone, i.e. will restarting the game give me a chance of getting the other ability?

Thanks for helping on that
Any idea when Garchomp, Manaphy and latios are gonna be finished?
They're already done. All 3 were voted uber. Now you just wait until stage 3.

I gather that when evolving a pokemon with two abilities, there is a 50% chance of it having either ability. Is the result set in stone, i.e. will restarting the game give me a chance of getting the other ability?
That rule applies only to pokemon parked over from 3rd Generation games; they will have a 50/50 chance at ability change, and it is set in stone. For anything in caught/bred/etc in DPP, it's not 50/50. Ability 1 will change into ability 1, and ability 2 will change into ability 2. The list of ability numbers by pokemon can be found here.

If i'm breeding for a Beldum, in general, do I want max Speed? It doesn't look like one of those "MUST have a 31 Speed IV or it's useless, no exceptions" Pokes like Choice Band/Specs Salamence, but it seems to be able to use some quick. If anything, it definitely needs enough to outspeed Blissey and slow Tyranitar.

Also, I plan to breed for a Magby that I can eventually evolve into a good Magmortar. If my patience runs dry trying to get one with that precious 70 HP Ice, what would be a decent alternative for it? Overheat, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast and what else? Another Fire move perhaps? Psychic? =\

just starting to get back into pokemon, and i just beat e4 on platinum. where can i teach my honchkrow heat wave and superpower?

just starting to get back into pokemon, and i just beat e4 on platinum. where can i teach my honchkrow heat wave and superpower?
Go to the Survival Area and go right onto route 226. Go up into a patch of grass and climb up the Rock Climb path. Go left until you reach a house. A guy will teach them to Honchkrow for a combination of colored shards that add up to 8.

For a Sword dance adamant scizor, what is usually better, 32HP+224SPE or 252 HP? (with 252 atk of course).

Is roost really a good thing on scizor? Or does it often end up healing the same ammount of dmg the enemy just inflicted on him making it a better choice to simply bullet punch all time.

For a Sword dance adamant scizor, what is usually better, 32HP+224SPE or 252 HP? (with 252 atk of course).

Is roost really a good thing on scizor? Or does it often end up healing the same ammount of dmg the enemy just inflicted on him making it a better choice to simply bullet punch all time.
The choice of EVs really depends on what you want Scizor to outspeed. Generally though, I'd recommend 252 HP over the 224 Speed EVs since most Pokémon are tailored to outspeed Scizor anyways, primarily Magnezone being the most noticeable. As for Roost, it is only recommended if you don't fully invest in Scizor's attack and more into Special Defense, as it is easier to set up Swords Dance against things like Gengar, who will deal a slighty lower amount of damage with Focus Blast. In any case, it is best that you test both sets and determine which best suits your playstyle. Just remember that the Swords Dance set tends to be walled by a plethora of common Pokémon in OU, making any effort to set up nearly useless.

If a Pokemon is holding a Power Herb and Sunny Day is in effect, does Solarbeam still use the Power Herb on the first turn used, or could it possibly be kept "in reserve" for when you catch an opponent trying to get in an easy switch on a reuse of Sunny Day?

(I understand this strategy has little practicality of working in a competitive scene, but I have a friend who isn't that great so I try to use a few gimmicks to try to even the battlefield a bit.)

EDIT: Tested it out, and it works as I thought it would. I was worried that it would consume the item no matter the circumstances but I am quite glad to see that is not the case.

Not really a pokemon question, but do stores still sell new GBA games? I went to GameStop today and there weren't any. So if other stores don't sell them, where should I buy Final Fantasy VI? Just eBay?

I'm trying to think of a physical move for Lucario that doesn't require breeding it again. I've narrowed the choices down to;

Iron Tail
Metal Claw

Or should I start breeding again for Bullet Punch?

Both Metal Claw and Iron Tail are quite bad; neutral Metal Claw will hit lesser than a Not Super Effective Close Combat (neutral ExtremeSpeed is better too), and Iron Tail's accuracy just doesn't cut it. This is not even considering the poor type coverage, as both Ice and Rock are hit by Close Combat. The only purpose for Bullet Punch is priority, which ExtremeSpeed covers just fine. I would honestly go for Shadow Claw (ghosts) or Stone Edge (flying).

EDIT: Perspex, that's an Egg Move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)