Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 18 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scizor works extremely well as a lead on the suspect ladder, but not so much on the standard ladder due to fire attacks (Azelf, Infernape, Jirachi, Heatran etc) being everywhere, as well as struggling to KO leads such as Metagross and Jirachi.

If you do use Scizor as a lead, I definately wouldn't use that set, I'd probably just use a variation on the normal theme of Bullet Punch and U-turn, but with an Occa Berry for the item.

You're never going to sweep with your lead, so it's not even worth trying. Endure/Reversal is incredibly easy to counter through priority, and 90% of teams have a priority move.

not sure if this is the right thread for this, but:

is Cross Chop really that much better on Electivire than Low Kick?

I don't see CC being advantageous in any important scenario other than Blissey (and maybe Porygon-Z/Porygon2).

(sorry, these notes/sketches are jumbled up. this was meant for a quick discussion, not a thread or anything too serious)

Cross Chop base power vs. Low Kick base power
all damage calcs are assuming:
- electivire is holding an expert belt
- adamant electivire has 252 attack
- mild electivire is using the standard mixed set on smogon with 36 attack

Blissey: 100 vs. 60
- Adamant Electivire CC vs. min HP/max Def calm Blissey: 74.36% chance to OHKO w/ SR, 0% without. Low Kick has 80.08% chance of 2HKO w/ Leftovers, 100% with SR and Leftovers
- mild Electivire will never OHKO but will always 2HKO Blissey w/ CC. 17.03% chance of 2HKOing Blissey w/ leftovers with Low Kick
advantage: Cross Chop makes a world of a difference

Tyranitar: 100 vs. 120
- Adamant Electivire OHKOs with either attack
- Mild Electivire only has 79.49% chance of OHKOing Boah w/ CC if SR is not in play.
advantage: negligible difference damage wise, but Low Kick is 100% accurate

Snorlax: 100 vs. 120
- mild electivire vs. 168 hp/120 def careful (curselax): 83.83% chance of 2HKOing with CC if Snorlax has leftovers (if Snorlax doesn't curse). 100% chance of 2HKOing with Low Kick.
- adamant electivire vs. curselax: always 2HKO with CC, 41.03% chance of OHKO with Low Kick
- mild electivire vs. 4 hp/0 def offensive snorlax: 33.33% chance of OHKO with Low Kick. CC is only a 2HKO.
- adamant electivire vs. offensive lax: 100% chance of OHKO with low kick even without SR. 2.56% (without SR) and 79.49% (with SR) chance of OHKO with CC.
- adamant electivire vs. sleep talk snorlax: 7.69% chance of OHKO without SR with low kick, 87.18% chance with SR. CC is a 2HKO.
- mild electivire 2HKOs sleep talk lax in all scenarios.
advantage: Low Kick has a big advantage damage wise

Mamoswine: 100 vs. 120
- Mild Electivire is guaranteed to do no worse than 2HKO with either attack. it has 79.49% chance to OHKO w/ Low Kick if there is SR.
- Mild Electivire has 46.15% chance of OHKO w/ Flamethrower w/ no SR. 100% w/ SR.
- Adamant Electivire is guaranteed to OHKO w/ Low Kick (regardless) and CC (with SR). w/o SR, 46.15% chance of OHKO with CC.
advantage: Low Kick has a decent advantage damage-wise for adamant electivire

Donphan: 100 vs. 100 (but this shouldn't matter b/c what Electivire doesn't have Flamethrower or an Ice attack?)
- same reasoning for Hippowdon: 100 vs. 120

PorygonZ: 100 vs. 60
- Adamant Electivire always OHKOs min/4 P-Z with CC, never OHKOs with Low Kick
- Mild Electivire has 46.15% chance of OHKO w/ CC and w/o SR, 100% with. Low Kick is guaranteed 2HKO, but no better.
advantage: Cross Chop

Porygon2: 100 vs. 60
- adamant electivire will always 2HKO 252 hp/216 def bold P2 with CC, never with low kick.
- mild electivire has 90.27% chance of 2HKO with SR and leftovers, 0.99% chance with leftovers and no SR
advantage: Cross Chop can actually beat P2, while Low Kick won't scratch it

Steelix: 100 vs. 120
- mild Electivire does more with flamethrower.
- adamant Electivire vs. max hp/min def, + def steelix: CC never 2HKOs, Low Kick has 55.16% chance of 2HKO with no SR or leftovers, 5.79% with leftovers and no SR, 82.25% with SR and no leftovers, 21.24% with SR and leftovers
advantage: Low Kick if adamant, doesn't matter if mild

Heatran: 100 vs. 120 (if it doesn't have EQ)
- mild electivire has 2.56% chance of OHKOing standard scarftran with low kick. CC is always a 2HKO.
- adamant electivire has 87.18% chance of OHKOing with low kick and no SR. 100% with SR. CC cannot OHKO without SR, 53.85% chance with SR.
advantage: Low Kick has a slight advantage on Mild electivire. hopefully you have EQ on adamant electivire.

Lucario: 100 vs. 80 (if it doesn't have EQ)
- mild electivire OHKOs with flamethrower.
- adamant electivire OHKOs with both attacks, regardless of SR.
advantage: won't matter if you have EQ on adamant electivire

Magnezone: 100 vs. 120 (if it doesn't have EQ)
- mild electivire does more with flamethrower
- adamant electivire vs. 172 hp/0 def (steel killer) magnezone: 41.03% chance of OHKO with low kick and no SR, 79.49% with SR. CC is always a 2HKO.
- adamant electivire vs. 4 hp/0 def (scarf) magnezone: always OHKO with low kick. 15.38% chance of OHKO w/o SR, 53.85% with SR if using CC.
advantage: Low Kick can get you the OHKO. CC likely will not.

Rhyperior: 100 vs. 120
- mild electivire will never 2HKO min hp/min def rhyperior with CC. 68.44% chance of 2HKO with low kick with SR and no leftovers, 0% chance with leftovers
- adamant electivire will always 2HKO min/min rhyperior with low kick. with CC, 80.67% chance with SR and no leftovers, 17.42% with SR and leftovers (or neither), 0% with leftovers and no SR
- electivire probably wouldn't be able to scratch a defensive rhyperior
advantage: the extra power Low Kick has over EQ and CC can make a difference on a physical Electivire.

Swampert: 100 vs. 80; a too many hit KO regardless

Smeargle: 100 vs. 80; OHKO with both attacks

other Electivire: 100 vs. 100 (if it doesn't have EQ)

Ambipom: 100 vs. 40
- CC will always OHKO. Adamant Thunderpunch has 2.56% chance of OHKOing 4 hp/min def Ambipom.

Absol: 100 vs. 60
- adamant electivire will always OHKO with CC. 53.85% chance of OHKO with Low Kick without SR, 100% with SR.
- mild electivire will always OHKO with CC, never with Low Kick

less important:
Ampharos: 100 vs. 80
Cradily: 100 vs. 80
Regice: 100 vs. 100
Regirock and Registeel: 100 vs. 120
Slaking: 100 vs. 100
Umbreon: 100 vs. 60
Ursaring: 100 vs. 100

I have a World08 Lucario that I'd like to EV train for WiFi and I'd like to use the Swords Dance set. However, I obviously can't get Crunch on it. Is Shadow Claw a good alternative or should I just go with Stone Edge?

I have a World08 Lucario that I'd like to EV train for WiFi and I'd like to use the Swords Dance set. However, I obviously can't get Crunch on it. Is Shadow Claw a good alternative or should I just go with Stone Edge?
Shadow Claw is a perfectly fine substitute, if you don't care about/can handle Rotom-A use Stone Edge.

would it be better to use a latios with these ev's 14 HP/248 Spd/248 SAtk and not so good iv's or negator's latios with good iv's. CMT for negators iv's.

Does Scizor work as a lead?
Counter/Endure
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Revresal
I'm assuming with a focus sash?
Well it looks good on paper, but gets only does any damage against leads that are not named Swampert, Heatran, Infernape, Jirachi. All either take laughable damage, or can cripple/OHKO Scizor.

would it be better to use a latios with these ev's 14 HP/248 Spd/248 SAtk and not so good iv's or negator's latios with good iv's. CMT for negators iv's.
Well obviously the better IV's are favorable. But if you can't get that Latios, then since you can EV train both it doesn't really matter.
29/2/29/29/31/31 is GREAT for a timid Latias.
In short, use Negators Latios.

If a pokemon uses rage, and on the same turn is attacked with a multi-hit move, does its attack increase for each hit? or just once?

If a dual-type pokemon, like Togekiss, Ludicolo or Jirachi, uses metronome, and metronome uses judgement what type does it use? Before you ask, you can use judgement with metronome, I've done so with a togepi.

What are the "standard" EV's for a Special Defense oriented Skarmory?

I keep hearing about it on the suspect ladder and I am wondering what it is.

What happens if a Shedinja holds a focus sash, and gets hit by something super effective? Does it stay at full health, and is thus able to use the sash again?

haunter

Banned deucer.
What happens if a Shedinja holds a focus sash, and gets hit by something super effective? Does it stay at full health, and is thus able to use the sash again?
No, the sash is consumed after the first hit. So, definitely, sash-Shedinja can be hit by 2 super effective hits before fainting (it faints on the second hit). Obviously that's without hail-sandstorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)