Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you can trade with the other games as soon as you get the Pokedex, just like previous games.

Does anyone know if there's an in-depth guide to the Gen 4 Super Contests?

Lickilicky question!

So I am new to the development of breeding.
This is the moveset I want to give my Lickilicky:

Hammer Arm (Breeding with a Rhyperior)
Earthquake (Breeding with a Rhyperior)
Body Slam (Breeding with an Aggron)
Explosion (working on it...)

I know it's not the suggested moveset, but I like it.
Is it possible to breed this Lickilicky with this moveset? If so, how would I?

Yep, start in 3rd gen; teach Body Slam to Rhyhorn/Rhydon via one of the Move Tutors, migrate it, teach it Hammer Arm and Earthquake, and then breed.

I strongly do not recommend this set. Ground and Fighting get largely redundant coverage, as they are resisted by much the same things (bug, flying, most ghosts who also levitate). Additionally, every move on this set is 100% walled by every levitating/flying ghost. I suggest using a move that can hit Gengar and Rotom-A over one of the two, perhaps Aqua Tail?

Just a quick question. What are some reasons why Shaymin-L was UU, while Celebi OU? Both have the same base stats, but shaymin has only five 2x weaknesses (fire, ice, flying, poison, bug) while celebi has six 2x weaknesses (all of shaymin's, minus bug and plus dark and ghost) and one 4x weakness (bug)? Both can subseed, celebi has baton pass I guess but shaymin gets air slash. Celebi does get leaf storm but shamin has seed flare which is although not as accurate, it doesn't lose power on the second hit and can actually gain power (if it lowers their sdef).

I know Shaymin is in testing to become OU, but still, I was wondering why the two were distributed the way they were. More specifically, why wasn't shaymin OU in the first place?

Just a quick question. What are some reasons why Shaymin-L was UU, while Celebi OU? Both have the same base stats, but shaymin has only five 2x weaknesses (fire, ice, flying, poison, bug) while celebi has six 2x weaknesses (all of shaymin's, minus bug and plus dark and ghost) and one 4x weakness (bug)? Both can subseed, celebi has baton pass I guess but shaymin gets air slash. Celebi does get leaf storm but shamin has seed flare which is although not as accurate, it doesn't lose power on the second hit and can actually gain power (if it lowers their sdef).

I know Shaymin is in testing to become OU, but still, I was wondering why the two were distributed the way they were. More specifically, why wasn't shaymin OU in the first place?
Because it isn't used enough for OU, the main reasons being it's poor movepool and it's being outclassed by other Pokemon.

umm... is this shroomish a keeper or i better keep breeding for better hp and sdefense?

jolly
poison heal
4/31/31/14/8/31

the moveset I´m thinking is
-spore
-substitute
-focus punch
-seed bomb

1) Celebi has a Psychic typing, which lets it resist Fighting, one of the most commonly used attacking types in the game.

2) Celebi has a much, much better movepool. While their attacking moves are more or less the same, Celebi gets all of the following moves that Shaymin lacks:
Stealth Rock
Recover
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Thunder Wave
Perish Song
Reflect
U-Turn
Trick
Light Screen

Most notable of these are Calm Mind, which allows Celebi to form a more reliable sweeping role; Baton pass, which allows Celebi to pass Calm Mind or Swords Dance; Recover, which is a more reliable recovery move than any of Shaymin's options; Dual Screens, SR, and reliable status in Thunder Wave let it function much better as a wall; Trick gives it better options as a choice user; U-turn and Baton Pass let it act as a scout.

umm... is this shroomish a keeper or i better keep breeding for better hp and sdefense?

jolly
poison heal
4/31/31/14/8/31

the moveset I´m thinking is
-spore
-substitute
-focus punch
-seed bomb
31 Speed + 31 Attack means that's probably worth keeping, assuming he's the nature you want. Breloom generally doesn't take many hits anyways, and if he does they're against his Sub.

In-game, What do I need to do to trigger the high-level trainer rematches? I've cleared Stark Mountain but not caught Heatran (because I'm not set up to camp for a good one yet). Do I need to catch Heatran before the rich couple on route 212 will start using their level 60 pokemon?

Hmm ok, I guess that does make sense.

One more question though, what's a good counter to a Heatran set carrying toxic? Something like:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SPA / 252 SPE
Fire Blast / Earth Power / Toxic / Substitute

Poison types fall to earth power and steels get Fire Blast, which mean this guy is likely to deal quite a bit of damage no matter what happens; I'm assuming the only way to beat this is prediction, right? If so I'm curious why I don't see this more often.

Actually I'm thinking a taunt gyara might work if it subs on the switch, right?

Altair

just who is the coon?
Can any ice beams kill garchomp through yache?
According to libelledra, an unSTABed Ice Beam requires 543 Special Attack to KO; STABed takes 362 Special Attack. So, a few Specsed unSTABed Ice Beams can KO, and a decently high Special Attack is required to KO with STAB.

Is it reliable to deduce IVs for just caught pokemon by booting up Shoddy Battle's "Team Builder," choosing the correct pokemon, nature, and level, and comparing the numbers the computer has (always making sure IVs are set at 31) and the ones on the DS Summary screen? I'm pretty sure this works out without doing any real math calculations, but I'd like to make sure that there are no variations based on Generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)