Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I use Lovely Kiss or Substitute on CMJynx? Substitute is safer, but a well-predicted Lovely Kiss on an incoming Scizor can set the game...not to mention Lovely Kiss beeing significantly more accurate than most other sleep-inducing moves.
Also, Blizzard+Focus Blast in Hail and Ice Beam+Shadow Ball outside Hail?
LK just for the hell of it is ok, but don't think you could beat a Scizor with that, as it will never sleep more than 4 turns. This means, it will most likely wake up before you can beat it if you lack HP Fire

@Occa Berry
252HP/236Atk/14Def/8Spe
Adamant nature
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Bullet Punch
~Explosion

@Life Orb
112HP/252Atk/14Def/132Spe
Adamant nature
~Agility
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch

@Choice Band
252HP/236Atk/14Def/8Spe
Adamant nature
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch
~Explosion

Can Zen Headbutt go in somewhere?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Occa Berry
252HP/236Atk/14Def/8Spe
Adamant nature
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Bullet Punch
~Explosion

@Life Orb
112HP/252Atk/14Def/132Spe
Adamant nature
~Agility
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch

@Choice Band
252HP/236Atk/14Def/8Spe
Adamant nature
~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch
~Explosion

Can Zen Headbutt go in somewhere?
Zen headbutt has bad coverage. Metagross doesn't need Zen Headbutt at all, unless you're playing CAP.

I would have to disagree erazor. I think if you have choice band then perhaps zen headbutt is a better option then explosion. You often especially with gross wont have time to switch in simply to explode because of mediocre speed. I would say zen headbutt helps as it is stabbed and beats those ghosts switching in expecting explosion. Perhaps I am wrong, just an opinion.

A while ago I noticed how Bug Bite actually has a higher base power than X-Scissor when used on a pokemon with Technician,
such as Scyther or Scizor.

X-Scissor has a base power of 80+STAB=120
Bug Bite has a base power of 60+Technician+STAB=135

Is there any kind of side effect that makes X-Scissor more reliable?
Another noob question, but what is STAB?

What's CAP?
Is Psychic really a horrific offensive type? It isn't that good of a defensive type either...
1. CAP = Create a pokemon, a project run on these forums.
2. Psychic hits only two things for super effective damage: fighting and poison. The latter often get hit hard by Earthquake and the former by Brave Bird. On the other hand, Psychic is resisted by itself, ateel (a very common type in OU) and doesn't affect dark-types at all. Psychic-type damaging moves are filler at best, except for Zen Headbutt on Jirachi (flinch hax). As a defensive type, it is weak to the common ghost- and dark-type moves as well as bug-type moves while resisting only itself and fighting.

Cap is the Create a Pokemon project.
Psychic is a pretty bad offensive type mainly because of the commonplace steel types around the metagame. Most are also special, so it doesn't help that Blissey and Latias are so common either. That compared to the fact that the only thing in OU they score SE on are really Heracross, Gengar, Tentacruel, Infernape and Machamp. Slim pickins really.

Sucks defensively for a few reasons. The majority of pure psychic types have bad defence, and they are also weak to dark and ghost attacks. Rotom often packs shadow ball (as does Gengar), and Pursuit is commonly seen on scizor (and tyranitar, snorlax and weavile).

So is Psychic really crap typing?
Should I use Psychic on Gorebyss (Toxicroak!)? Also, should I bother with Psycho Cut on Gallade and Medicham?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Should I use Psychic on Gorebyss (Toxicroak!)? Also, should I bother with Psycho Cut on Gallade and Medicham?
The only reason Gallade has Psycho Cut in his sets is because he gets STAB from it and has other attacks to hit what resists Close Combat/Psycho Cut. However, you could always get Night Slash for perfect neutral coverage with Close Combat. Both get the additional crit rate also.

It's up to you whether you want STAB or perfect neutral coverage.

And Medicham? Can it use both Rock Slide AND Fire/Thunderpunch at the cost of Psycho Cut?
Also, Psychic on Gorebyss?
Also, use Life Orb even in Hail?

Psychic isn't "crap" typing for the sheer reason that it resists Fighting. Fighting is such a common attacking type, having a Pokemon that resists it without picking up a nasty weakness to Rock (Bug, Flying) or Ground (Poison) can make all the difference. Of course, Ghost has a better resistance to fighting (immunity), two shared weaknesses with Psychic (Dark and Ghost), a resistance to Psychic's other weakness (bug), an extra immunity against Normal, and no weaknesses Psychic has, plus the attacking type gets better coverage. The only benefit Psychic has over Ghost is that it resists Psychic, but Psychic is such an uncommon attacking type anyways...

But yeah, offensively, Psychic is only useful in two situations:
1) STAB without a secondary typing or with a complementary secondary Typing. So things like Alakazam and Azelf usually run Psychic for lack of another STAB option, and things like Gallade and Medicham often run Psychic because Psychic + Fighting hits everything except for other Psychics at least Neutral. But things like Metagross and Latias should never run Psychic, as thei secondary typings share many resists with Psychic (Steel, notably) and are better overall (Meteor Mash on meta due to power and Dragon Pulse on Lati due to neutral coverage).
2) As an NU/UU coverage move. There are only 6 Pokemon in OU with a Psychic or Fighting typing, one of those (lucario) is neutral to Psychic, and the rest of them are fairly uncommon save for Infernape. However, in NU/UU, there are a large number of Poison and Fighting types commonly used, including the Nidos, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop, Roserade, Crobat (assuming he gets out of Suspect without a ban), etc. In those formats, it is much more acceptable to use Psychic as a coverage move.

@Cold Eye: For Gorebyss, it depends on whether or not you are using it on a rain team too. If you are, then basically Psychic is only for Toxicroak, since a neutral surf > 2x Psychic, and you have Ice beam for the Grass/poisons, ice beam having better coverage than psychic.
EDIT: Oh, and Qwilfish I guess, for NU/UU.

@Cold Eye: For Gorebyss, it depends on whether or not you are using it on a rain team too. If you are, then basically Psychic is only for Toxicroak, since a neutral surf > 2x Psychic, and you have Ice beam for the Grass/poisons, ice beam having better coverage than psychic.
EDIT: Oh, and Qwilfish I guess, for NU/UU.
Uh, a neutral Surf is not more powerful than a x2 Psychic.

95 * 1.5 = 142
90 * 2 = 180

@Life Orb

252Atk/6SpD/252Spe
Jolly nature
~Swords Dance
~Close Combat
~Ice Punch
~Psycho Cut

@Choice Band

252Atk/6SpD/252Spe
Adamant nature
~Close Combat
~Stone Edge
~Ice Punch
~Psycho Cut

@Choice Scarf

252Atk/6SpD/252Spe
Jolly nature
~Close Combat
~Ice Punch
~Thunderpunch
~Psycho Cut

@Choice Band
252Atk/6Def/252Spe
Adamant nature
~Hi Jump Kick
~Psycho Cut
~Ice Punch
~Rock Slide

@Choice Scarf
252Atk/6Def/252Spe
Jolly nature
~Hi Jump Kick
~Psycho Cut
~Ice Punch
~Thunderpunch

@Choice Band
66HP/252Atk/192Spe
Adamant nature, Snow Cloak trait
~Earthquake
~Ice Shard
~Stone Edge
~Ice Fang

@Choice Band
252Atk/6Def/252Spe
Jolly nature
~Pursuit
~Ice Shard
~Brick Break
~Ice Punch

@Life Orb
252Atk/6Def/252Spe
Jolly nature
~Swords Dance
~Night Slash
~Ice Shard
~Brick Break

@Choice Band
252HP/252Atk/6Def
Adamant natutre, Thick Fat trait
~Avalanche
~Earthquake
~Waterfall
~Ice Ball

Is everything OK here?

I just got a chimchar from GTS, and its description says "apparently met at lvl 3".
Does this mean that the pokemon is hacked? And if it is, should I release it right away?
Thanks.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Yeah, there's no legitimate way to meet a Chimchar at Level 3. You don't need to release it as it's unlikely it will damage your game in any way but yeah...may as well get rid of it.

ColdEye, use the analysis (I've told you this half a dozen times). Every single one of those sets is in the analysis with the exception of CBWalrein.

Yeah, there's no legitimate way to meet a Chimchar at Level 3. You don't need to release it as it's unlikely it will damage your game in any way but yeah...may as well get rid of it.

ColdEye, use the analysis (I've told you this half a dozen times). Every single one of those sets is in the analysis with the exception of CBWalrein.
Ah, I might as well just get rid of it then.
Is GTS even worth the time then? And how "unlikely" is it for pokemon hacked to damage my game? And would it even help if I try to get rid of the chimchar now that the pokemon is already in my game?

I wanna get me some Shiny pokemon... Milotic and Roserade are my favorites, so I need to know... What's the fastest way to get one? And which one would be easier to get?

I wanna get me some Shiny pokemon... Milotic and Roserade are my favorites, so I need to know... What's the fastest way to get one? And which one would be easier to get?
RNG abuse is the fastest way (if you get the hang of it), you could also RNG abuse to get awesome IVs (but needs practice, and accuracy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)