Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it 100% certain to get Shiny Leaves on the routes of your Nature? I got the first 3 easy, tried the next route for an hour, couldn't find anything, tried the next route for an hour couldn't find anything and then the last route and got my fourth Shiny Leaf in under a minute. So all the shiny leaves I've got take like a minute to get, does that mean I can't get shiny leaves on the last two routes and does that mean my Gyarados can't get 5 Shiny Leaves and I have to do a new Pokémon?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shiny Leaves themselves are actually quite rare, and there is no real guarantee that the leaf will appear for a while. It is possible to get all five, but it does require patience and perseverance.
Also the more you find the rarer they get.

Yeah I thought that but the routes that I found the leaves it took me like 3 minutes, it wasn't like I searched for an hour and finally found one. But there's 2 routes that just don't seem to have leaves on them; has anyone hacked the game and figured out how it's coded or the odds or anything?

Whats the best way to teach a Naughty natured Feraligatr?
I'd say the same way you'd train an Adamant one. Max out Speed and Atk, use DD, and pray you don't get out-sped by a TB-wielder.

*I'm* trying to figure out what to do with my Sassy Typhlosion (answer: re-breed for a better nature...)

Hey, just a quick question. I'm looking into setting up a Baton Pass team, but I want to use Pokemon that do not learn this by level up (for example Gliscor). How do I teach them this? Is there a TM, and if so where do I get it? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, playing Heart Gold version.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
Hey, just a quick question. I'm looking into setting up a Baton Pass team, but I want to use Pokemon that do not learn this by level up (for example Gliscor). How do I teach them this? Is there a TM, and if so where do I get it? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, playing Heart Gold version.
You have to Breed it through the parents - the mother passes the species the father passes on the moves.
So you would breed a female Gligar with a male Ninjask or Ledian with Baton Pass.

You have to Breed it through the parents - the mother passes the species the father passes on the moves.
So you would breed a female Gligar with a male Ninjask or Ledian with Baton Pass.
So, to get a Gliscor with Baton Pass, I need to obtain a female Gligar, breed it with a Pokemon inside of it's egg group that knows Baton Pass, and then evolve that Gligar into Gliscor. Is that right? Also, if I were to want to put Agility on this Gliscor, I would need to repeat the same process, correct?

Thanks for the help mate.

Feraligatr, Charizard, and Scizor are already on my team but I need three more to add to my team.
What would compliment the team I have now so that I have the best chance to beat the elite four?

So, to get a Gliscor with Baton Pass, I need to obtain a female Gligar, breed it with a Pokemon inside of it's egg group that knows Baton Pass, and then evolve that Gligar into Gliscor. Is that right? Also, if I were to want to put Agility on this Gliscor, I would need to repeat the same process, correct?

Thanks for the help mate.
If you want Agility as well, you have to breed a female Gliscor with a male Pokemon in the Bug Egg Group with both Agility and Baton pass since only the male can pass down Egg Moves. IIRC, Ninjask learns Agility via level up as well so you can just us that.

Edit: @iAmSmuuuurf: Get an Electric type like Ampharos so you can take down Gyarados. I doubt any of your Pokemon can take Lance's Dragonite's Outrage unless they're way overleveled, but Golem can if it's about Lv. 42. Feraligatr might be able to outspeed and OHKO with Ice Fang if it's a higher level, though.

Feraligatr, Charizard, and Scizor are already on my team but I need three more to add to my team.
What would compliment the team I have now so that I have the best chance to beat the elite four?
Add ampharos, a psychic type like espeon or alakazam, and a pokemon of your choice.

1) If I use Dual Screen+Memento Latios, should Light Clay be used?

2) What do the Latis benefit from their secondary Psychic-type?

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
Correct although instead of Agility you could just TM Gligar Rock Polish.

I think being part-Psychic hurts the Latis more than helping them. Offensively the type adds little, while defensively it makes you Pursuit-weak.

Have you guys ever talked to your Pokemon and they're holding an item and you try to take it from them but they won't let it go and they get mad at you for like 5 minutes? What's up with that?

1) If I use Dual Screen+Memento Latios, should Light Clay be used?

2) What do the Latis benefit from their secondary Psychic-type?
1. Definitely, Latios isn't going to be doing anything else but setting up Screens and suiciding, so most other items would be useless. Something like Lum Berry could ensure you get both Screens up but 8 turns of screens is much better than 5 turns, especially when you consider the fact that the first 3 turns of the first Screen will be used up before your sweeper comes in.

2. Psychic's only good resistance is Fighting (and I suppose Psychic in Ubers since Psychic types would run STAB if it didn't). Offensively, Psychic sucks unless you really hate Machamp. Argueably, Psychic's weaknesses are a good thing for Latias because without them, it would definitely be Uber.

Edit: @ Proboscidea: I think the Pokemon's happiness isn't high enough, but yeah, it is rather silly for Gamefreak to put that in.

Have you guys ever talked to your Pokemon and they're holding an item and you try to take it from them but they won't let it go and they get mad at you for like 5 minutes? What's up with that?
Yea that's happened to me. But whenever my Pokemon ARE holding something its never anything good....

What is the way to go? Espeon or Alakazam? Or is there a better choice other than the two?
Depends, do you have anyone to trade with or access to Wifi so you can evolve Kadabra? I didn't when I began my playthrough, so I went for Espeon. If you don't mind trading for TMs, you could always get a Starmie with Psychic. It's a great Pokemon and can also learn Thunderbolt (freeing up that Ampharos spot for something else if you like) as well as Ice Beam for Lance's dragons.

You can either catch Staryu on the sea route below the Safari Zone and evolve them with water stones from the Pokethlon, or else catch one on your Pokewalker in the "Beyond the Sea" route (unlocked by making an international trade over GTS) and they'll come holding a stone.

What is the way to go? Espeon or Alakazam? Or is there a better choice other than the two?
Alakazam is better if you can trade and evolve it; otherwise use espeon if alakazam is "unobtainable" for you due to inability to trade with a friend. (Espeon was a pain in the ass to get in GSC due to the impossibility of happiness raising, but the ability to set your time and the many methods of happiness leveling in HG/SS make it significantly easier to evolve from eevee)

I'm always biased towards Espeon because of looks. Alakazam is kinda funky looking. His SpcAtt is 5 better and Speed is 10 better. The difference isn't THAT great. Alakazam gets Focus Blast but Espeon gets Wish and Yawn. You would think that Alakazam gets Hypnosis but it doesn't. Still, you can paralyze with Thunder Wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)