Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make some of your own sets ColdEye, and go test them out on Shoddy. Soemtimes the best sets for you are the ones you make yourself

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I believe it can actually, but IIRC it's through XD.
yeah since it can learn it in XD i was hoping it could learn it in hg even though for some reason it doesn't learn it in platinum.

I just looked on Bulbapedia and Smogon, and neither has it able to learn Helping Hand. It does learn Follow Me, maybe that's what you were thinking of.
it can learn it in XD, maybe they don't have xd moves?

They're stickied here. We should be getting February stats in a few days.

veedub08: use an IV calculator, such as MetalKid's. Note that if your Pokémon has won any in-game battles, it'll have gained EVs, which will skew the result.

veedub08: use an IV calculator, such as MetalKid's. Note that if your Pokémon has won any in-game battles, it'll have gained EVs, which will skew the result.
So, i could use metalkids IV calculator on a lvl 1 newly bred poke? can i also use it to calculate newly caught wild poke's IVs? sorry last question, do you have a link to it... thanks jumpluff

So, i could use metalkids IV calculator on a lvl 1 newly bred poke? can i also use it to calculate newly caught wild poke's IVs? sorry last question, do you have a link to it... thanks jumpluff
Yes, but it will give you a range of possible IVs that are extremely unspecific.

Edit: And yes, this also works on newly caught Pokemon, but you may still get a range of possible IVs until it reaches a lvl where a 31 IV would have a specific stat.

Heres what I'm talking about.

And this is the website I go to for my IV needs.

No problem! I don't know any ways to find a newly bread Pokemon's IVs, sorry! Does anyone have any simple strategies they use to figure that out?

Or you could put it into the Daycare to gain a few levels. Be careful with Egg Moves, however, as they won't hesitate to delete Egg Moves for a "better" move.

It can't, as Serebii does have XD purification moves, such as Lugia's.

http://www.psypokes.com/xd/moves.php

As you can see, all Togepi gets is Tri Attack.
Hmm, neither Serebii or that page list the Move Tutor moves from XD though, so neither of them are complete (could have sworn that Serebii did have the XD move tutor moves in the RS-dex, but it seems it doesn't apparently, looking at Mewtwo and other such Pokemon's pages). Looking at that list of moves though, Helping Hand isn't a tutor move though (and Togetic's page on Bulbapedia confirms it doesn't learn the move through a Gen III tutor), so I suppose it doesn't matter in this case. However, for future reference, neither seem to be a good way of getting info on XD movs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)