Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you work the RNG to get the IVs and Natures that you want for your starter since you can't really advance the RNG "manually"?

Thanks, another question, can pokemon caught with pokeballs made from Apricorns (Heavy Balls, Love Balls, etc) be traded to DPP?

Pokèrus last for about two days,but the period of time can vary...
Incorrect, it isn't a period of time but whether it has reached Midnight.

If the pokemon is outside of the PC and is in your party when it reaches 00:00 then the Pokerus strain will die. It's not based on how long it's been out and about.

Is the Eevee gifted to you from Bill set?

Like, can you SR for a female? I'd love to breed it and play through the game with an Eeveelution team.

I haven't got any evidence, but I highly doubt it's set. How does it matter anyway, as by the time you get Eevee, you can catch flocks of Dittos right below Goldenrod City?

Hey guys I just caught a lugia was wondering if I should restart or is this a keeper?

Nature: Timid
IVS:
HP: 16
ATTACK:0 (Who cares?)
Def:31
SPattack:31
SPDef:27
Speed:31

Thanks guys I will wait for a reply before I save lol. Someone please quick reply heh.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'll keep it tbqh, but I'm just a scrub. ;/

But I have something big to tell you guys

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=960099&topic=54152536

It's a HGSS glitch, something about a Ditto (or anyone with transform) against someone with the move rage. I don't exactly know how to cause it but the glitch allows ditto to get the same moveset as the pokemon with the move rage.

Like if the ditto was against a Smeargle with Spore, Baton pass, Belly Drum, and Rage then after the match Ditto will have the same moveset or something.

Sorry for my horrible explanation. ;/ I suck at explaining things.

Hey guys I just caught a lugia was wondering if I should restart or is this a keeper?

IVS:

Thanks guys I will wait for a reply before I save lol. Someone please quick reply heh.
Will wait for one more reply lol. I really don't want to restart to find out it will be nearly impossible to get a better one considering there are 3 31 stats and a 27. The 0 doesn't matter, but the hp 16 is bothering me.

Can someone help figure out how good the evade-ability of this fosslass is?

It's hail, has brightpowder, with attract and thunder wave already on the opponet

and then same question, only add confusion to the mix.

thanks in advance.

IVS:

For a SR that's pretty good but if you know how to RNG then I'd say go for that but again if it's SRed then keep it.

For a SR that's pretty good but if you know how to RNG then I'd say go for that but again if it's SRed then keep it.
lol I restarted, but I probably shouldn't have. And yeah I am sring and I do not know to RNG. I saw the guide, but way way too much for me to take in right now lol. I will hopefully be able to get one as good as the one I had. This is what I deserve for being greedy anyway.

Is the Eevee gifted to you from Bill set?

Like, can you SR for a female? I'd love to breed it and play through the game with an Eeveelution team.
It's not set. I SRed for ages to get a Timid for a Jolteon and a few females popped up during that process.

If I bred a Gyarados would a Magikarp hatch from the egg or would I just get a lvl 1 Gyarados? Yeah I know, obviously I fail at breeding xD

If I bred a Gyarados would a Magikarp hatch from the egg or would I just get a lvl 1 Gyarados? Yeah I know, obviously I fail at breeding xD
With the exception of pre-evolutions that did not appear in earlier generations (Munchlax and Wynaut for example), whenever you breed, you get the earliest member of the evolutionary line. The exceptions generally require one of the parents to be holding an Incense item.

I'll keep it tbqh, but I'm just a scrub. ;/

But I have something big to tell you guys

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=960099&topic=54152536

It's a HGSS glitch, something about a Ditto (or anyone with transform) against someone with the move rage. I don't exactly know how to cause it but the glitch allows ditto to get the same moveset as the pokemon with the move rage.

Like if the ditto was against a Smeargle with Spore, Baton pass, Belly Drum, and Rage then after the match Ditto will have the same moveset or something.

Sorry for my horrible explanation. ;/ I suck at explaining things.
Yes this is confirmed, but it may be patched in the future. Either way, Smeargle still pulls it off better. However, that is kind of just my opinion, but I think that anything Ditto can do, Smeargle can do better, especially if Ditto is trying to copy Smeargle while having a moveslot wasted with Rage

Yes this is confirmed, but it may be patched in the future. Either way, Smeargle still pulls it off better. However, that is kind of just my opinion, but I think that anything Ditto can do, Smeargle can do better, especially if Ditto is trying to copy Smeargle while having a moveslot wasted with Rage
This ditto could be used to pass on movesets originally impossible to babies right? Like if Bagon could learn Dragon Dance and Fireblast and its father could only learn DD, with Ditto copying the moveset, would it be possible for the Bagon to know both moves? (that situation is purely hypothetical)

This ditto could be used to pass on movesets originally impossible to babies right? Like if Bagon could learn Dragon Dance and Fireblast and its father could only learn DD, with Ditto copying the moveset, would it be possible for the Bagon to know both moves? (that situation is purely hypothetical)
Holy crap. You are completely right, this could allow many new move combinations, like the previously mentioned Leaf Blade and Dragon Dance Tropius I do believe. Oh and I looked it up on Bulba(Slow)pedia and here's the glitch section of Ditto's page:
Glitches
Ditto is closely associated with several glitches throughout the series, most stemming from its nearly unique ability.

In Generation I, if the player manages to capture an 'M, an invisible wild Ditto will still be in battle with the player where 'M was before, and the battle will not end. Additionally, a Ditto is a necessary Pokémon for carrying out method #3 of the Mew glitch, which allows the player to encounter any Pokémon or glitch Pokémon (correspondence based upon this list). Furthermore, switching the order of moves in a Transformed Ditto's movelist in-battle causes Ditto to have the blank space glitch move when the battle ends.

Another glitch in Generation I involves one switching Ditto's first move with the second move after it has used transform in battle. If one of the copied moves is Whirlwind or Roar, at the end of the battle Ditto will appear to have no moves whilst Ditto will actually have a glitch move with the type 'Cooltrainer♀' This move will have 0 PP but if the player uses a PP Up and then an Elixir it is usable, yet crashes the game. If this Ditto is traded to Gold or Silver, the game will reset itself with different colors (a "Glitch dimension") upon clicking attack.

By exploiting the factors that determine a shiny Pokémon, a shiny Ditto can be obtained by trading the red Gyarados to Generation I and capturing a Ditto that transforms into it.

Several more glitches involving Ditto's transformation have been discovered in Generation IV as well. In the original Japanese Diamond and Pearl, due to an oversight in the programming of Transform, a Ditto will copy the Pokémon's held item in addition to its species, allowing rare items to be duplicated. Another glitch allows for Ditto to transform and then permanently keep the moveset of the Pokémon it became, allowing for the passing down of previously impossible egg move combinations in a large-scale version of Smeargle's ability to do so with all Ground group Pokémon through Sketch.

EDIT: I made a thread in the Shoddy forum to see if the glitch will be implimented into Shoddy or not, link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2561643#post2561643

In Pokemon Soul Silver, there's a pokemon trainer called Gina on Route 34 that asked me for a rematch. I go to that route, and I talk to everyone there and none of them are Gina. Is Gina in some special place that I forgot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)