Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 22 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trading part isn't a problem... I just hate training Abra. Is there a specific time when I should evolve Kadabra into Alakazam? As soon as possible or wait for a little bit?

I hope this is a simple question.

How do you get a Clefable with seismic toss and magic guard on pokemon Heartgold? I must be missing something, I know it is a move tutor in fire red and XD:Gale of Darkness but what steps do I take to get it?

I have a 252HP/252Def Bold Suicune. I plan on using it in-game mostly. What moveset would be the best? (Please don't say anything works in game :P)

I currently have Calm Mind, Surf, Ice Beam, and Shadow Ball. Should I make changes?

I hope this is a simple question.

How do you get a Clefable with seismic toss and magic guard on pokemon Heartgold? I must be missing something, I know it is a move tutor in fire red and XD:Gale of Darkness but what steps do I take to get it?
After you get the moves in 3rd Gen, you connect the GBA cartridge to the DS or DSlite (not DSi) and send it to the PalPark in HeartGold. Then, you can go to the PalPark in Fuschia City and catch it there.

@above: in-game teams don't really require any strategies so any moves are good...unless you mean the Battle Frontier then you should give it as much coverage as possible. Don't bother with Calm Mind since Battle Frontier opponents' Pokemon are unrealistically stronger than the actual ones and they use OHKO moves that have like a 40-50% accuracy (SheerCold/HornDrill Dewgong...)

The trading part isn't a problem... I just hate training Abra. Is there a specific time when I should evolve Kadabra into Alakazam? As soon as possible or wait for a little bit?
ASAP, they learn moves at the same levels but Alakazam learns Calm Mind instead of Role Play at Lv. 36.

After you get the moves in 3rd Gen, you connect the GBA cartridge to the DS or DSlite (not DSi) and send it to the PalPark in HeartGold. Then, you can go to the PalPark in Fuschia City and catch it there.
But if a pokemon has an ability that it can have in a later gen then it keeps that ability. So it would keep cute charm, correct?
So transferring a Clefable would always give it cute charm since that as a legitimate ability in 4th gen (Unless I'm mistaken on that point, but that is what I've read on other sites).

ASAP, they learn moves at the same levels but Alakazam learns Calm Mind instead of Role Play at Lv. 36.
ASAP? Don't you mean FYI instead of as soon as possible? Well yea...Calm Mind and Role Play don't really matter since they both cost 48 BP at the Battle Frontier. One is a TM and the other is a move tutor move.

@above: yea. The Clefable you have cannot have Magic Guard so it's your choice: Magic Guard or Seismic Toss.

So do you have in game Pokemon an then Pokemon for wifi battles?
I don't actually play on Wi-Fi, but I do have a few good competetive Pokemon. I don't care about Natures and whatnot in game partly because I don't want to have to breed all the Pokemon I want to use and because it also takes the fun out of it for me; it's just too easy. Also, unless I clone the Pokemon, I might end up ruining a perfectly good Pokemon for reasons like I don't want to wait to evolve my Shroomish so it gets Spore.

do u know how each power item help u gain more ev's in a specific stat? does macho brace work 4 all stats?
Power Weight gives you whatever EVs the Pokemon you beat gives plus 4 HP EVs
Power Bracer gives you whatever EVs the Pokemon you beat gives plus 4 Att EVs
Power Belt gives you whatever EVs the Pokemon you beat gives plus 4 Def EVs
Power Lens gives you whatever EVs the Pokemon you beat gives plus 4 SpAtt EVs
Power Band gives you whatever EVs the Pokemon you beat gives plus 4 SpDef EVs
Power Anklet gives you whatever EVs the Pokemon you beat gives plus 4 Speed EVs
Macho Brace gives you double whatever EVs the Pokemon that you beat gives

But if a pokemon has an ability that it can have in a later gen then it keeps that ability. So it would keep cute charm, correct?
So transferring a Clefable would always give it cute charm since that as a legitimate ability in 4th gen (Unless I'm mistaken on that point, but that is what I've read on other sites).
Send it over as a Clefairy. Abilities can change upon evolution for things that were sent over from 3rd gen.

Send it over as a Clefairy. Abilities can change upon evolution for things that were sent over from 3rd gen.
Is that true? I always thought that the ability was set in stone (in Pokesav, it's "Class 1" vs. "Class 2," I'm pretty sure), thus, a Cute Charm Clefairy would evolve into a Cute Charm Clefable, and only a Simple Numel would evolve into a Solid Rock Camerupt.

Is that true? I always thought that the ability was set in stone (in Pokesav, it's "Class 1" vs. "Class 2," I'm pretty sure), thus, a Cute Charm Clefairy would evolve into a Cute Charm Clefable, and only a Simple Numel would evolve into a Solid Rock Camerupt.
That's true for Pokemon bred/caught in Gen 4 but if a Pokemon gains a new ability in Gen 4, then it could switch over from the old ability. In Gen 3, "Class 2" Pokemon would try to use their secondary ability, but since they only have one ability, it becomes the primary ability. A "Class 2" Pokemon's abilities would change upon evolving in Gen 4.

So yeah, you have about a 50% chance that Clefairy's ability will change when you evolve it in Gen 4.

I'm pretty sure MegaMewtwo is right. If a Pokemon has 1 ability, it's still in class one or class two so there could be two CuteCharm Clefairies that are different classes. Let's say in 4th gen, when they made MagicGuard, they decided that it'd be class two. Class two 3rd gen Clefairy would be CuteCharm and class two 4th gen Clefairy would be MagicGuard but they'd both evolve into a MagicGuard Clefable because class two is MagicGuard. This is all an assumption.

What is the most viable moveset for Froslass in OU? I've heard Snow Cloak is dastardly in hail, but Froslass also outspeeds/can KO many of the standard leads as a suicide lead... What do you guys think?

Oh, would you look at that! I can confirm--got a class 2 numel Pal Parked over from Emerald. Completely willing to buy that it'll evolve into a Solid Rock Camerupt. I stand corrected.

I captured the Sandshrew for Baoba at the Safari Zone and showed it to him. He said that he would call me once he had thought of something for the Safari Zone (the decorations, obviously). It's been days. Every time I call him he says, "I'm trying to come up with a new way to play in the Safari Zone." When does he call me? Serebii says nothing on the subject.

I captured the Sandshrew for Baoba at the Safari Zone and showed it to him. He said that he would call me once he had thought of something for the Safari Zone (the decorations, obviously). It's been days. Every time I call him he says, "I'm trying to come up with a new way to play in the Safari Zone." When does he call me? Serebii says nothing on the subject.
I just went on with the storyline and got the call after a couple days. I have a feeling it's random (or perhaps linked to something in the storyline, where are you?), unfortunately.

It's not the wait of the days. You have to have the game running and he'll call you randomly. Just go train some of your Pokemon or breed and he'll call you pretty soon.

@above: it's not linked to the storyline because I didn't do anything with the Safari Zone until I beat Red.

Have you guys ever talked to your Pokemon and they're holding an item and you try to take it from them but they won't let it go and they get mad at you for like 5 minutes? What's up with that?
HA! That happened to me to-day for the first time. CRACKED ME UP!

If I had to use one word to describe HGSS it would be "adorable." Do you know that I refuse to allow my Quilava and Croconaw to evolve because I don't like the Feraligatr and Typhlosion partner-sprites? (It's not like they're competition quality, anyway...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)