Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Do special Poké Balls show up during battles in the Viridian City Trainer House? One of my friends sent out an Arceus, and another sent out a Mew, both in regular Poké Balls, and I was wondering if they were hacked (since these Pokémon are only legally available in Cherish Balls), or if it uses the generic Poké Ball for all Pokémon there, regardless of what type of ball they were actually caught in.
I'm pretty sure, in short, no. It will always show up as Pokeballs. I could be wrong though, can someone confirm this?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think I've seen a Dusk Ball been thrown out before on my Stronghold Heart Gold Game in Trainer Hall, I should go & look & come back with results...

does anyone know if diamond has a way to get pokemon back from ranch with out the wii like the pokemon walker. my family and i just got back from vacation to find my house broken into with all my electronics missing and house ransacked so i lost over 800 pokemon. =\

Ok, this may seem somewhat ridiculous...

My friend and I occasionally have a competitive battle between each other, which is somewhat different from the online metagame. We follow this one rule:

-Only one Legendary Pokemon per team.

Now, I'm just wondering, if I create a team based on multiple weather effects, would it be viable? I'm looking to use a Tyranitar and a Kyogre in my team, but I'm not sure if it will work well.

At this stage, I'm looking to use something along the lines of this:

Lead Aerodactyl (S. Rock, E/Quake, Thunder Fang, Rock Slide)
CM Kyogre (Calm Mind, Surf, Thunder, Ice Beam)
DD Tyranitar (Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch)
Swords Garchomp (Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, Rock Slide)
Ubers Kingdra (Yawn, Outrage, Dragon Dance, Waterfall)
Rain Sweeper Omastar (Surf, Ice Beam, Earth Power, Rain Dance)

Could someone give me some suggestions if this is viable?

Oh, a final note: My friend doesn't competitively battle, he just trains up quite random pokemon (not EV'ing or IV'ing). So I didn't think up a superpowered team to crush him.

does anyone know if diamond has a way to get pokemon back from ranch with out the wii like the pokemon walker. my family and i just got back from vacation to find my house broken into with all my electronics missing and house ransacked so i lost over 800 pokemon. =\
Ouch, sorry about that man :(. More bad news, no you can't get your pokemon back. 800 God that must suck.

Ok, this may seem somewhat ridiculous...

My friend and I occasionally have a competitive battle between each other, which is somewhat different from the online metagame. We follow this one rule:

-Only one Legendary Pokemon per team.

Now, I'm just wondering, if I create a team based on multiple weather effects, would it be viable? I'm looking to use a Tyranitar and a Kyogre in my team, but I'm not sure if it will work well.

At this stage, I'm looking to use something along the lines of this:

Lead Aerodactyl (S. Rock, E/Quake, Thunder Fang, Rock Slide)
CM Kyogre (Calm Mind, Surf, Thunder, Ice Beam)
DD Tyranitar (Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Crunch)
Swords Garchomp (Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, Rock Slide)
Ubers Kingdra (Yawn, Outrage, Dragon Dance, Waterfall)
Rain Sweeper Omastar (Surf, Ice Beam, Earth Power, Rain Dance)

Could someone give me some suggestions if this is viable?

Oh, a final note: My friend doesn't competitively battle, he just trains up quite random pokemon (not EV'ing or IV'ing). So I didn't think up a superpowered team to crush him.
SS+Rain seems a bit bit crazy doesn't it? However, if your friend is as much of a competitive noob as he sounds, then you should be right anyway. EDIT: Also, you may want to change both your Rock Sliders with Stone Edge. Again, if your friends a REALLY nooby noob, then just keep Rock Slide.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Actually, two different weathers can work well: it is becoming kind of popular in 5th gen, where weather is such an issue. That said, outside of the competitive context, there is really no benefit/penalty to using two weathers.

Actually, two different weathers can work well: it is becoming kind of popular in 5th gen, where weather is such an issue. That said, outside of the competitive context, there is really no benefit/penalty to using two weathers.
All in all, he (pokemongamer) should be ok. Just don't expect a huge benifit. Just listen to "Smogon Know-it-all" Atheno!

This has been bugging me forever. Ok so in the games when you beat a gym leader you get a badge. When they give you the badge they usually say that such and such stat is increased by the badge. Such as the Thunderbadge increasing your pokemon's Speed.
My question is, what type of increase is it? Is it akin to a stat boost where it automatically gives +1? Or does it act similar to Soul Dew where it boosts the stat but still allows it to be raised to +6? Or is it just there for flavor while not actually doing anything?

Ouch, sorry about that man :(. More bad news, no you can't get your pokemon back. 800 God that must suck.

its not even about the 800. I'm more mad about all the event stuff (NYC,TRU) or rares like Manaphy and my EV trained lvl 100 team, I can even deal with my few shiny missing.

So I just got the shiny Raikou on my Diamond, Platinum, and SoulSilver games. I'm about to look up how to manipulate wondercards, and I'm curious- which is the easiest game to do it on?
~Uiru

its not even about the 800. I'm more mad about all the event stuff (NYC,TRU) or rares like Manaphy and my EV trained lvl 100 team, I can even deal with my few shiny missing.
If you remember your ID, you may be able to start a new game and abuse for ID number.

If Ranch checks for SID too, though, you may be out of luck.

If you work out how to do it, I'd make sure the version was the same too (unless someone has determined that that doesn't matter).
~Uiru

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
So I just got the shiny Raikou on my Diamond, Platinum, and SoulSilver games. I'm about to look up how to manipulate wondercards, and I'm curious- which is the easiest game to do it on?
~Uiru
I'd go with Platinum. It is probably easiest to learn to RNG on it, because of the Poketch and chaining.

EDIT: Oh, and don't double post.

~Uiru
For WonderCards, I'd recommend HG/SS. Since there are Poké Marts with no wandering NPCs, you don't have to worry about rushing, and if you haven't caught your roamers yet, you can tell very quickly if you've hit your seed, and only worry about advancing your frame if you have in fact hit the right seed (in D/P/Pt, you have to advance the frame via the auto-appearance of the Journal every time before you know if you've hit your seed via the Pokétch Coin Flip app, since if you waited until verifying your seed, the NPC would likely mess you up).

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What would be the best fourth move to go with a Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Aura Sphere Raikou? Shadow Ball for perfect coverage? HP Grass for Ground killing? Other?

I just got a deoxys off the gts that says '' Hoen- arrived at level 36''. He is shiny and has a smily face next to his legs on his sprite. Sound legit?

I just got a deoxys off the gts that says '' Hoen- arrived at level 36''. He is shiny and has a smily face next to his legs on his sprite. Sound legit?
Generally Smogon assumes that anything off the GTS is hacked. Plus, a shiny Deoxys from Hoenn? Highly unlikely. I personally only use the GTS to fill up the Pokedex.

I have one other question.

Im working on my very first competitive team, ou to be specific. I have a great Togekiss so far, but nothing else even decent.

How can i obtain quality pokemon to build a team with? Should i just breed for the next few months?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)