Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

I'm playing in a Stadium-mode (3 vs. 3) tournament where only 1st gen Pokémon are allowed (no ubers). I plan to use Dragon Dance Dragonite due to the lack of Steel-types. What would be a good EV spread? I was thinking 252 HP, 76 Atk, 180 Speed (Adamant nature), which allows me to outspeed Timid max-Speed Starmie after 1 DD. Thoughts?

Can event pokemon stack? For example, I download the Raikou event at Gamestop, then the Entei one at Gamestop: Will I be able to collect Raikou and then Entei from the man in the Pokemart after I downloaded both?

If so, what is the limit of Pokemon that can be queued in such a way?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I'm playing in a Stadium-mode (3 vs. 3) tournament where only 1st gen Pokémon are allowed (no ubers). I plan to use Dragon Dance Dragonite due to the lack of Steel-types. What would be a good EV spread? I was thinking 252 HP, 76 Atk, 180 Speed (Adamant nature), which allows me to outspeed Timid max-Speed Starmie after 1 DD. Thoughts?
I assume that you are using 4th generation mechanics, because otherwise DDNite won't work. If you are, I'd consider outrunning Alakazam as well, because Alakazam dominates in Kanto, and it will probably be quite popular.

Hi. Here I am again with a question:

Does the synchronize ability works in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (outside the battle)?

In which versions of 3rd generation games it works and in which it does not?

Thank you very much. :D

Hey guys, any ideas on movesets for the three Crown beasts? I just need movesets for all three, utilizing their nature and at least one of the special moves (I'm probably going to use Sheer Cold Suicune--this is for a noncompetitive tournament).

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi. Here I am again with a question:

Does the synchronize ability works in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (outside the battle)?

In which versions of 3rd generation games it works and in which it does not?

Thank you very much. :D
Emerald only, I believe.

I assume that you are using 4th generation mechanics, because otherwise DDNite won't work. If you are, I'd consider outrunning Alakazam as well, because Alakazam dominates in Kanto, and it will probably be quite popular.
Yep, I'll be battling on PBR. I didn't think that Alakazam would be much of a threat, considering that it can't OHKO me without multiple CMs (or HP Ice, which I don't see on the analysis) and I can easily OHKO it after a single DD, but I suppose a Specs Psychic could put a dent in me, and Encore and Trick (with Specs) could hurt if they got me while I was DDing. If I try to outspeed Alakazam too, that would take 212 Speed EVs (we're playing at level 50).

Also, I'm thinking that with no Steel-types (unless someone decides to use Magneton for whatever reason), I should use Outrage over Dragon Claw... what do you think?

Just got this Groudon.. Best of the night Keep or continue SR?

#383 Groudon [Lax]
IVs: 7, 8 / 27, 28 / 16, 17 / 0, 1, 2 / 20, 21, 22 / 29, 30, 31
Stats at Lv.45: 148|0 / 152|0 / 151|0 / 95|0 / 85|0 / 99|0

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just got this Groudon.. Best of the night Keep or continue SR?

#383 Groudon [Lax]
IVs: 7, 8 / 27, 28 / 16, 17 / 0, 1, 2 / 20, 21, 22 / 29, 30, 31
Stats at Lv.45: 148|0 / 152|0 / 151|0 / 95|0 / 85|0 / 99|0
IV's are great, but I would SR. Lax is a shite nature competitively.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Yep, I'll be battling on PBR. I didn't think that Alakazam would be much of a threat, considering that it can't OHKO me without multiple CMs (or HP Ice, which I don't see on the analysis) and I can easily OHKO it after a single DD, but I suppose a Specs Psychic could put a dent in me, and Encore and Trick (with Specs) could hurt if they got me while I was DDing. If I try to outspeed Alakazam too, that would take 212 Speed EVs (we're playing at level 50).

Also, I'm thinking that with no Steel-types (unless someone decides to use Magneton for whatever reason), I should use Outrage over Dragon Claw... what do you think?
I'd go with Outrage. And the reason there is no Hidden Power Ice in the analysis is because there are no dragons in UU which it could be used on. If I were going in this tournament, I would definitely have Hidden Power Ice, and possibly a scarfer (maybe Starmie/Gengar) just to take out threats like DDGyara and DDNite.

Thank you. Would I be correct in assuming this corresponds with the cards (wonder cards, event cards, or whatever they call those data cards you get when you get an event pokemon)?
You can only have two cards at a time, but once you have them they can be deleted and you can still collect the Pokemon/Item, and I don't think there is a limit to the queue of these at the Pokemart.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You can only have two cards at a time, but once you have them they can be deleted and you can still collect the Pokemon/Item, and I don't think there is a limit to the queue of these at the Pokemart.
If you delete the Wonder Card before getting the gift, the gift is deleted, & cannot be obtained.

Still SRing Groudon:

#383 Groudon [Jolly]
IVs: 20, 21, 22 / 12, 13 / 12, 13 / 12 - 15 / 20, 21, 22 / 18, 19
Stats at Lv.45: 154|0 / 145|0 / 136|0 / 90|0 / 95|0 / 103|0 Keep or SR?

Which stats and natures should I be going for on a Groudon.. and what to avoid in natures?

Edit: If the Groudon turns out to be "Gold Plated"/Shiny I'm keeping it even if it has crap everythings!

EDIT 2: Turned off the DS.. Actually battery died!

I have a question.

Gamestop's shiny raikou giveaway is ending tomorrow so I need to get the dex for my raikou fast.

My raikou's nature is set at gentle and i didn't know it would be set at the tower. So my choice is :

1. AR a temp raikou for the dex
a) Will I still be able to catch the roaming raikou if i AR a temp raikou?
2. Kill raikou, save, defeat elite4, soft reset if it's not timid.

What do you suggest?

I have a question.

Gamestop's shiny raikou giveaway is ending tomorrow so I need to get the dex for my raikou fast.

My raikou's nature is set at gentle and i didn't know it would be set at the tower. So my choice is :

1. AR a temp raikou for the dex
a) Will I still be able to catch the roaming raikou if i AR a temp raikou?
2. Kill raikou, save, defeat elite4, soft reset if it's not timid.

What do you suggest?
The Gamestop Raikou has a fixed nature: Rash. If you used an AR to make Raikou randomly appear in the wild, you'd still be able to catch the roaming one. For option #2, you wouldn't be able to soft-reset if Raikou isn't Timid, since the game auto-saves after you defeat Lance. If it isn't Timid, you'll have to go and beat the E4/Champion again, check Raikou's nature, and possibly repeat. My advice may be biased, since I despise ARs, but I'd suggest you either do that, or learn to RNG if you don't already know how (you can RNG right before Lance for a good Raikou).

okay so if i use trick to give my opponent choice scarf locking him into a move. ( lets say stealth rock) what would happen if i used disable?

Hey guys, any ideas on movesets for the three Crown beasts? I just need movesets for all three, utilizing their nature and at least one of the special moves (I'm probably going to use Sheer Cold Suicune--this is for a noncompetitive tournament).
Raikou, I guess, can use a Life Orb mixed Attacker with Thunderbolt, Hidden Power, Aura Sphere, and Extremespeed?

Entei can be a choice bander/howler.

Suicune...?

The Gamestop in my area closed 3 and a half hours ago, but I just ran up there and found that the signal for the Raikou Mystery Gift was still being emitted. Do you think there's any chance that the signal will stop at midnight, or will it keep going until the employees arrive in the morning and shut it off?

it really depends on how the machine(lack of better word) works, they might have set the machine to stop after a while or maybe its a machine that must be shut off manually.

if i were to guess i would say they will shut it off at the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)