Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

What does "hex flawless" mean? I get the general idea, but I'm not quite sure where the "hex" comes in.
A hex-flawless Pokemon is one that has straight 31's in all six of its stats. Hex means six, so that's why those Pokemon are sometimes called hex flawless.

EDIT: @Despotar: No. "Quint-" is the prefix for 5. Hex is for six, just like as in a hexagon.

Here's my team.
Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
---
Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
---
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Agility
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
---
Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP/52 Atk/204 Spd
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

I need two more pokemon. I want a solid Starmie counter, as none of mine really counter it well. Also, they need good Synergy, and need to be setup sweepers. (Preferably offensive sweepers V.S Defensive ones.) And no SD Scizor, please. (Also no mence, this is a suspect team)

I've been thinking...

How come no one puts Soul Dew on their Lati@s in this thread? I mean, it looks like it would be such an effective item. I've been looking at it for a while, but been afraid to put one on my team should it be illegal when I do put it on my team, therefore making my team ineligible to be on there.

Does a 252 Fire Blast coming from Naive Heatran (Choice Scarf) OHKO lead Metagross without Occa Berry?

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here's my team.
Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
---
Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
---
Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Agility
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
---
Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP/52 Atk/204 Spd
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

I need two more pokemon. I want a solid Starmie counter, as none of mine really counter it well. Also, they need good Synergy, and need to be setup sweepers. (Preferably offensive sweepers V.S Defensive ones.) And no SD Scizor, please. (Also no mence, this is a suspect team)
Curselax could work as a Starmie counter and setup sweeper, while Substitute/Calm Mind Jirachi or Raikou could work well too. Jolteon can be an effective revenge killer and KO/setup with Charge Beam. As for another setup sweeper, DDTar works very well, as does Swords Dance/Nasty Plot Infernape. Substitute Gengar works too.

Does a 252 Fire Blast coming from Naive Heatran (Choice Scarf) OHKO lead Metagross without Occa Berry?
Yes. Use http://www.smogon.com/calc/ to check these things.

I'm theorymonning a set for Battle Tower Breloom. I did calcs, and IIRC Pokemon like to round up. At 228 EV's, Breloom reaches 164 HP, which gets me 21, 20.5 rounded up. This means that 252 EV's would be a waste since 167 gets the same amount of recovery. However, if I placed 252 EV's, I would have the same amount of recovery, BUT the HP my Substitute would have is 42, which is 41.75 rounded up.

I want my Breloom to have the most beneficial spread for HP to net the most Poison Heal recovery as well as the highest HP for Subs possible while maintaining the best level of efficiency. Is 252 better? Or 228?

With the Jirachi being given out on WiFi, can you use Synchronize and/or RNG abuse to affect it, or do you just have to let Lady Luck rule?

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
With the Jirachi being given out on WiFi, can you use Synchronize and/or RNG abuse to affect it, or do you just have to let Lady Luck rule?
Synchronize doesn't work, but it doesn't depend on Lady Luck as much as how the RNG works.

I'm theorymonning a set for Battle Tower Breloom. I did calcs, and IIRC Pokemon like to round up. At 228 EV's, Breloom reaches 164 HP, which gets me 21, 20.5 rounded up. This means that 252 EV's would be a waste since 167 gets the same amount of recovery. However, if I placed 252 EV's, I would have the same amount of recovery, BUT the HP my Substitute would have is 42, which is 41.75 rounded up.

I want my Breloom to have the most beneficial spread for HP to net the most Poison Heal recovery as well as the highest HP for Subs possible while maintaining the best level of efficiency. Is 252 better? Or 228?
Except that it rounds down.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/breloom though it assumes flawless IVs, so you'll have to adjust for that.

So I'm breeding Feebas and I was wondering how you can determine IVs so I can teach it HP Electric with BP70. I'm breeding for a Bold female, and I was wondering if that had any influence over it, because I know females are given different IVs than males, and, since I'm on Platinum, I check with the guy in the game corner and most of my Bold females are said that they will have HP Bug.

I guess my question is, how do you breed for IVs, particularly for HP Electric @ BP70, and how do you know what each IV is exactly for each stat?

So I'm breeding Feebas and I was wondering how you can determine IVs so I can teach it HP Electric with BP70. I'm breeding for a Bold female, and I was wondering if that had any influence over it, because I know females are given different IVs than males, and, since I'm on Platinum, I check with the guy in the game corner and most of my Bold females are said that they will have HP Bug.

I guess my question is, how do you breed for IVs, particularly for HP Electric @ BP70, and how do you know what each IV is exactly for each stat?
you have to RNG abuse. (see this thread)
And I'm not exactly sure if male/female if different HP.. :heart:

Crap. That's a lot of work. And I have a Mac. Is there an alternative? lol And how do I figure out what each one's IVs are?
Yes it is, but there's no other way without cheating.
This works with Macs, dunno if it's the same or what, I use dell.
People generally use a AR or something, you can also use this.

can a timid gengar 252 special attack OHKO salamence with HP ICE 68?

Yes, because nowadays Salamences are used just for a bulky beast.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence<--- Shows they don't ev train SpD so you don't have to worry about that, and they wouldn't bother the reason is that OUsers tend to have a BLissey, but if your Gengar had Focus Blast like how every other Gengars have now-a-days. It would just tend to go to some resisting pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)