Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
It will probably be when they become widely available and confirmed, meaning after the movie has come out and people have started to download them.

Special Sweeper Mew Moveset

Timid
252 Special Attack/252 Speed

Nasty Plot
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam

Useable? I know this is just a worse Darkrai, but I wanted to use Mew as a NP sweeper and this seemed like the best bet. Any suggestions?

Is stealth rock Heatran a good lead?

How well does Heatran do as a Lead in OU? I'm talking about the Shucka berry variant. With Explosion.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Above question: It's pretty good. It won't get OHKOed by anything and can get rocks up against every non-Taunt lead. Fire Blast will really hurt Taunters, too.

Question: Is there a program for writing warstories from Pokemon Lab? It seems that Warmachine doesn't work and manual takes forever with the sprites.

Athenodoros

@ IBREW94: Actually, Swampert laughs at it, and Machamp will have be a huge problem, and these have become very big leads recently. I use it as a 'back-up' lead, because anything that Machamp has a problem with, Heatran covers, and I can say that it works very well against most of the other leads if you need SR up.

@ Lolcat: I think we're looking at manual at the moment. Notepad ftw!

My Question:
It's a well-known fact that in Pl/HG/SS, when a switching Pokemon is KO'd by another Pokemon in weather, that the excrement hits the ventilation units in the game's programming. Has anyone worked out why on earth that would happen? I mean, I've been thinking, and there seems to be no way that could happen without it being intended, and it seems a weird thing to put in intentionally.

31*50/100*1.1 = ~18

Try This

What does the notepad message say, word for word. You also might want to try in the wifi forum, where more people RNG and there is a dedicated RNG help thread.
It simply says that "RNG Reporter 8.31 cannot open because its an application. and i tried installing the mono app but as soon as i install it, its as if nothing happened. i go back to open the app but it requests another install once again. any help? thanks for the reply.

Athenodoros

What operating system do you use? Do you have administrator priveliges on your system? Have you checked in programme files to check it is actually installed?

What operating system do you use? Do you have administrator priveliges on your system? Have you checked in programme files to check it is actually installed?
I have an IMAC G4 mac osx 10.4.11 (Im thinking this might be the problem. A little dated.) / yes i do have admin privileges / how would i go about checking if its actually installed? (I go through the whole process and i even get the confirmation page that it successfully installed, but the second i open it back up, its as if nothing happened?)

Athenodoros

Ah. The important thing is that you use OS X, but RNG Reporter is a .exe, Windows/Linux application which Apples don't use. As yet there is no equivalent for Macs, or at least according to Smogon's guides, so you will have to write your own programme, if you have that sort of knowledge, or install Windows or Linux on your Mac, like I do (although this does seem like overkill). You can easily download a copy of Linux over the Internet, and use the Disk Utility Application to create a partition for it.

Ah. The important thing is that you use OS X, but RNG Reporter is a .exe, Windows/Linux application which Apples don't use. As yet there is no equivalent for Macs, or at least according to Smogon's guides, so you will have to write your own programme, if you have that sort of knowledge, or install Windows or Linux on your Mac, like I do (although this does seem like overkill). You can easily download a copy of Linux over the Internet, and use the Disk Utility Application to create a partition for it.
Oh gotcha thanks for the info. I actually tried downloading bootcamp for the mac that i have to do just that, only to find out you need an operating system of 10.4.6 so just missed the ship on that one. -__-' it was a free computer so can't complain, now going about what you said with linux, you said its free to download to correct? now whats the disk utility application? if you dont mind me asking. I would actually prefer windows but cant be picky at the moment

Athenodoros

To avoid clogging up the thread, I'm going to answer this in a PM. Just consider it answered. Although, my question is still open :)

Okay so I'm standing in front of Latias, trying to SR for a shiny and it's really not happening (months since it was released oh my God) and now I want to get Mew, is it okay to leave Latias standing there, go get my Mew and then come back and start SRing again?

So, I am a diehard Scizor fan. My favorite Pokemon since G/S/C, and my favorite altogether by far. I've been trying to get the coolest Scizor I can that is perfect in Adamant Nature, Technician, and 31s for competitive use. So, I've been trying to get said perfect Scyther via the HG SS Bug Catching Contests. Obviously, things aren't working so well, so I have a few questions.

1. Is there an RNG abuse guide for HG SS?

2. If there is, I need a Sweet Scenter for the Bug Catching Contest, right?

I definetely want some help catching Scizor in a Park Ball! :)​

I don't know if it;s been answered or not (I really don't have the time to look through EVERY Question/Answer thread), but is there a casual Shoddy Battle server? (As in, no restrictions)

Thanks.

Not a ladder, but you can challenge people with no restrictions for fun.

Also, does anyone know how the RNG works in Pokemon XD? I want a good Heal Bell Dragonite! :(

I'm competing in a local tournament soon, and I want to use Rotom-H on my team. Does Rotom maintain his altered form over link battles, or does he revert to his original form like he does in the Union Room and Wifi Battles?

Athenodoros

@ Head Hochkrow: No, he stays in his formes over link battles.

@ neotype: You need to video it with a camera to move it to computer.

@ Aboithagameboi: the ubers ladder has no restrictions on Pokemon, but overall everything will have some restrictions, otherwise it would be all luck (think leading with Darkrai @ Choice Scarf - everything would come down to the intialy speed tie)

Kingdra obtains perfect coverage (outside of empoleon and shedinja) with just its STAB moves. Ice beam can be used but you tend to have other moves so you can go mixed, set up (drgon dance), or protect itself (substitute). Ice beam hits the grass types you can only hit neutrally, so it does have some merit, especially on a specs set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)