Ask a simple question, get a simple answer mark 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a topic posted here about being able to see an egg's nature by depositing it or something like that. Could someone please give me a link to that topic or explain to me how it works?
1. Put your egg in you party.
2. Place a Pokémon you don´t care about in the space to the left of it.
3. Go to Bebe's PC and release the Pokémon to the left of egg. By watching the little box in the lower left corner that tells you the nature, ability and such you can time the release so that the box will show the nature when the egg is automatically moved to the spot where the released Pokémon was. If you time it right the box will show you a quick glimpse of the egg's nature.

Bad news: Illegal Abilities and Moves (No-Guard Shedinja w/Sheer Cold in this case) aren't bad eggs in PBR. It's odd that nintendo would, unlike in ADV, have "illegal" abilities hackable onto Pokémon, especially without PBR being able to detect it. Unless, as logic would lead in this case, they plan to give out Pokémon with "Hacked" abilities.
That would actually be pretty cool, eh?
...Still sucks for PBR though.
WTF I THOUGHT THEY HAD EVERYTHING COVERED!!!

Well, they did give "illegal moves" to Pokemon before (Surfing Pika being one of the first)... maybe you're right, Nintendo would give out "illegal abilities" Pokemon someday.

Er, this is probably a stupid ass question, but how do people who write warstories get the exact percentage of a poke's HP?

What nature would be useful for a physical Sceptile, what nature would be useful for a Special Sceptile, and what nature would be useful for a Mixed Sceptile?

Using them before their real release = bad. Just having them for your dex is fine, IMO.

I know PBR finds the following as Bad Eggs:
Something in an illegal ball (non-events in a Cherish)
Something with an illegal caught/hatched location (Rayquaza caught in Kanto, a hatched Deoxys, etc.)

Don't know about anything else, but my friend whined to me about these XD
Um..sorry. I can't help but mention that I have a hacked Manaphy in a Master Ball (trade, I don't hack, but I feel AR is okay as long as you work to get them), and PBR accepted it.

If you're using a Rental Team for Neon Colloseum in PBR, do you want more of your Pokemon, or the opponents? It just seems overpowered to use a Custom Team, so I want to gamble on the most powerful Pokes.

Um..sorry. I can't help but mention that I have a hacked Manaphy in a Master Ball (trade, I don't hack, but I feel AR is okay as long as you work to get them), and PBR accepted it.

If you're using a Rental Team for Neon Colloseum in PBR, do you want more of your Pokemon, or the opponents? It just seems overpowered to use a Custom Team, so I want to gamble on the most powerful Pokes.
Battling with a custom team is very hard if you have bad luck. When the other trainers get four of your EV trained Pokemon and you get their Roseila and Ponyta your fucked.

Battling with a custom team is very hard if you have bad luck. When the other trainers get four of your EV trained Pokemon and you get their Roseila and Ponyta or fucked.
Seriously. I was battling the 3rd with a Custom Team, and got totally screwed over by my own Infernape.

I will never trust him again. I was stuck with a Roselia as my last, with Protect, Double Team, Absorb, and Poison Sting...Yeah, real helpful.

So anyways, I'm using the Nate Rental Pass, and doing somewhat better.

...I have a hacked Manaphy in a Master Ball... and PBR accepted it.
Maybe it's only strict about Cherish Balls.

So I have a question for the PBR owners, because I don't have it
1. How are Pokemon transferred to the PBR game? I'm guessing wireless?
2. Do you lose the Pokemon from your DS game? Can you tradeback Pokemon from PBR? (Aside from the PBR Pika, Electivire, and Magmortar?)
2b. In that case, how's buying items on PBR? Are they sent to the DS directly to the inventory?

1. Wireless
2. You dont trade them, they are copied, so they are on both PBR and the DS game cart
2b. I havent done that yet, so I dont know

Is there any way to stop the daycare people from overwriting your pokemon's moves? Because I'm really getting tired of them deleting Ice Shard from my parent Phanpys.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Is there any way to stop the daycare people from overwriting your pokemon's moves? Because I'm really getting tired of them deleting Ice Shard from my parent Phanpys.
Put the moves at the bottom of the list, and make sure to take them out every few levels to move it back to the bottom (deletes top first, then the bottom scrolls up and the new move is a the bottom).
No way to prevent it. Aside from getting the Pokémon high enough it won't learn new moves.

Maybe it's only strict about Cherish Balls.

So I have a question for the PBR owners, because I don't have it
1. How are Pokemon transferred to the PBR game? I'm guessing wireless?
2. Do you lose the Pokemon from your DS game? Can you tradeback Pokemon from PBR? (Aside from the PBR Pika, Electivire, and Magmortar?)
2b. In that case, how's buying items on PBR? Are they sent to the DS directly to the inventory?
1. Yeah, Wireless, like a battle using the Wii for two DS's.

2. No, they're just copied.

2b. Supposedly it's just a Mystery Gift, so I guess it's just like the Wii copying the DS, just like Pika, Vire, and Mag.

Anybody have a clue on how to get the Gold and Silver passes?

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything: Is there any way to make berries grow faster other than watering them?

Nobody's answered my question so I'll ask it again: Is there an accurate way to calculate IVs without an online calculator?

Also, shouldn't this topic be stickied?

@Doval: Growth Mulch is the only fertilizer that makes Berries grow faster. I think you can buy it at the Berry Master's house in Route 208. However, it also makes soil dry quicker, so unless you water it often, you'll get few Berries in return (or worse, only 1, leaving you with a net gain of zero Berries).

@Tamer-X: There are the equations that calculate stats that you can use, but it's almost certainly far too much time-consuming for you to bother. Try saving the webpage of an online calculator on your PC so you can use it offline; I think Serebii's actually gives you the option.

Also, this topic probably doesn't need to be made into a sticky since the constant questions and answers are always pushing it back up.

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything: Is there any way to make berries grow faster other than watering them?
In D/P there's something called Mulch, but they don't necessarily make plants grow faster. The Mulch can be bought from the Berry Master's wife in the house just west of Hearthrome.

Damp Mulch causes soil to dry up less quickly but berries will grow slower.

Gooey Mulch causes new sprouts to appear more often after withering.

Growth Mulch will cause soil to dry up quickly but the berries will grow faster.

Stable Mulch causes it to take longer for berries to fall off and the tree to wither and the soil dries more slowly.

Pretty sure that's all of them.

@Sinistro: Okay. But how do I save a page to use it offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)