Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

@Iloveyou328 - You don't report them, however, you can tell a moderator on the server. Be sure to provide logs.

@bluewooper - The JNLP file downloads javaws.jar (Shoddy uses Java Web Start), and JavaWS (Java Web Start) is in that JAR file. You need it to run Shoddy Battle.

I've noticed that if a Pokemon with Synchronize gets badly poisoned, the opponent only gets regular poison inflicted. Is this an ingame mechanic that was replicated or a glitch?

I've noticed that if a Pokemon with Synchronize gets badly poisoned, the opponent only gets regular poison inflicted. Is this an ingame mechanic that was replicated or a glitch?
It's not a glitch, it's how Synchronize works with poison, including Toxic.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How can you see your position on the ladder?
Right click on your name in the Users list to see your Ratings. You can't see your position relative to others until you reach Top 50 of the ladder I'm afraid. For most ladders this is 1500+ CRE.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
I have a glitch to report, regarding U-turn. here's the log

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
Bartman101 sent out Scyther (lvl 100 Scyther ♀).
dws93rd sent out Pinsir (lvl 100 Pinsir ♂).
Scyther used U-turn.
Pinsir lost 63% of its health.
Pinsir used Stone Edge.
Bartman101 switched in Azumarill (lvl 100 Azumarill ♀).
It's super effective!
Scyther lost 215% of its health.
Bartman101's Scyther fainted.

Bartman101: wtf?
dws93rd: ?
Bartman101: how come azumarill didnt take the damage
dws93rd: idk im as confused as you
Azumarill used Aqua Jet.
Pinsir lost 31% of its health.
Pinsir used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

I can also see that strict damage clause seems not to be on, because it does more than 100% to sycther, however it clearly says 'Strict Damage Clause' in the rules.

Could someone help me out here please?

Celebi, unsure. Entei, Suicune, and Raikou will not be added to the Smogon University server until Shoddy Battle 2, since nature/shiny restrictions aren't implemented in Shoddy Battle 1. You are welcome to modify movepools on your own server.

I can't open boxes. I go click on tools and then open box and well nothing happens apart from open box being highlighted. Maybe the menu will go away but nonetheless, the box does not open.

Any idea as to what causes this?

It's a short time I have installed Ubuntu on my laptop.
Now, this is my question:
How can I installed SB?
When I'm installing the file(from the site shoddybattle.com and the font sourceforge.net) at a certain moment it iterrupts the download.
Are there other fonts form I can install sb?

I went to do some laddering today and all of a sudden when I try to open Shoddy, it says "unable to load application". Please help. It's been working perfectly up until just now.

Alright, so, I built my team, and registered. But I can't log on? I put in my user name and password, but when I click log in, nothing happens. And I've done everything that was recommended (installed latest JAVA, cleared cache...), and it just won't let me on?

Why are the likes of Arceus banned from Ubers?
The only Arceus released so far was released at Level 100, which means that it can only have a maximum of 100 EVs in any stat, gotten from Vitamins, as a Pokemon cannot be normally EV trained at Level 100. Shoddy Battle 1 cannot handle these EV restrictions though, so Arceus just hasn't been allowed on the Uber ladder because of these limitations. Shoddy Battle 2 will be able to handle this though, so once it's released, Arceus should be allowed on the Ubers ladder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)