Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does reflect/light screen boost stored power?
No, short and simple. It may help setting up, though.

Also, edit:
I know that Smogon usually deals with the competitive enviroment of Pokemon. Still, is there a section for less formal discussions about Pokemon, ergo off the "competitive"-topic, but not off the "Pokemon"-topic, somewhere they talk about Pokemon merchandise, the 'verse in general, or Trollfreaks hating Farfetch'd? The Ruins are slightly less formal, but mostly due nostalgia - besides 5th gen has no place in.
New page

What are the good spin blockers in this gen?
Good question. Only ghost pokemon can fit the bill as spin blockers. So the question can be rephrased as "What are the good ghost pokemon this gen?".
That would have to be Gengar and Jellicent. You could use Chandelure or Golurk if you'd like to be original. But generally speaking, those are the most proven viable ghosts in competitive play right now.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Jellicent is definitely the best spin blocker in OU. Gengar is too frail to spin block effectively and is slower than Starmie, which is probably the best rapid spinner now that Excadrill is gone.

Has the Salac berry been released?

I wish to use the Belly Drum Linoone in the NU tier...
No, the only stat boosting pinch berries that I know of that are currently available are the Lansat and Starf berries, which are obtainable through very long streaks in the battle subway.

I noticed that when you talk to a Pokémon in the Entree Forest and choose not to add it to your party, it asks if you want to move it to the Deepest Clearing. Where/what is the Deepest Clearing (I'm guessing it's the deepest area in the forest), and what is the point of moving a Pokémon there? I know that having extra Pokémon moving around in the Entree Forest advances the PIDRNG, so moving Pokémon out of there would prevent this, but that seems to be a non-issue since the PIDRNG for Entralink Pokémon hasn't been completely cracked yet and abusing it is most likely unfeasible.

Is there currently an RMT section for Global Battle Union teams? I've considered posting an RMT in that forum or in the GBU forum, and I'm wondering if anyone's set the precedent for where to put these.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one who thinks rain/sun is pretty broken ? Rain can rape Tyranitar/Hippowdon and Abomasnow can't touch rain sweepers. And don't even mention countering rain with sun.

My question here is, whats the best counter to Rain teams/politoed ?

What does exactly stop haxorus?
Not much. The safest way may be revengekilling it with something faster. The closest thing that may switch in is Skarmory who can survive more than two +1 Outrage (with LO) and recover from the damage. Ferrothorn can help wearing down Haxorus with Iron Barbs, but won't live for too long, as it can't recover reliably. In the case of Double Dance Haxor even Skarmory will kneel, but it leaves him vulnerable for revengekilling.

I've been working on this team for quite a while now and I have four members put together and already trained up. I could use some advice on the final two.

Tyranitar
Careful Nature
252 HP/252 SP. Defense/4 HP
Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Garchomp
Jolly Nature
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Life Orb
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Lucario
Jolly Nature
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Life Orb
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance

Metagross
Adamant Nature
252 Attack/252 HP/4 Defense
Choice Band
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Jellicent
Bold Nature
252 HP/252 Defense/4 Special Defense
Leftovers
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Surf
- Recover

Any help is greatly appreciated!

tehy

Banned deucer.
Not much. The safest way may be revengekilling it with something faster. The closest thing that may switch in is Skarmory who can survive more than two +1 Outrage (with LO) and recover from the damage. Ferrothorn can help wearing down Haxorus with Iron Barbs, but won't live for too long, as it can't recover reliably. In the case of Double Dance Haxor even Skarmory will kneel, but it leaves him vulnerable for revengekilling.

Actually, skarmory can still beat down the double dance set, so i'm not sure what that's all about.

What exactly is the offensive Porygon2 set that apparently is so good that reachzero made? Is it trick room or something like tri attack+bolt beam and recover?

Would somebody be kind enough to read over a log (it isn't too long) and tell me if it is good enough for a warstory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)