Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Thanks! Don't know how I missed that...

SECOND QUESTION: I've really tried to stay spoiler free but I did see something about having to fill your boxes and party in order to capture Zekrom. So, what I need to know is, 1. is the true? And 2. do I need to do this before E4? I've just reached the Pokemon League. If possible, please explain in the least spoilery way you can. Thanks!

No you don't have to fill all your boxes you can catch it anyway, you have too fill all your boxes to not catch it.

No you don't have to fill all your boxes you can catch it anyway, you have too fill all your boxes to not catch it.
Sorry, I phrased my question very poorly - I meant so I can soft reset for a good one.

So I do have to fill all the boxes and party, kill Zekrom, and it will respawn? Correct? Can I/do I need to do this before E4?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
You encounter Reshiram/Zekrom after the Elite Four, but before the main story ends and before the credits.

Sorry, I phrased my question very poorly - I meant so I can soft reset for a good one.

So I do have to fill all the boxes and party, kill Zekrom, and it will respawn? Correct? Can I/do I need to do this before E4?
You can beat the Elite Four and then leave N's Castle to go catch 726 Pokémon if you want to before battling the dragon, yes.

But it's not really worth it. You can just soft reset/RNG when you first catch it; the only problem is it's harder to check the IVs once you've caught it. You can use an IV calculator like metalkid's, though, to at least check if the IVs are decent; it should give a result only 1 or 2 out, and you ought to be able to work out the Nature. (Note that even if your party is full, it gives the option to sub the dragon in rather than sending it straight to PC, so you can then check it during the next battle.)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks! Don't know how I missed that...
You don't have to get it to progress through the game, and it's not in an obvious place (a guy in a random house), so unless you're in the habit of talking to everyone in every city (which you probably should be), it's easy to miss.

You can beat the Elite Four and then leave N's Castle to go catch 726 Pokémon if you want to before battling the dragon, yes.

But it's not really worth it. You can just soft reset/RNG when you first catch it; the only problem is it's harder to check the IVs once you've caught it. You can use an IV calculator like metalkid's, though, to at least check if the IVs are decent; it should give a result only 1 or 2 out, and you ought to be able to work out the Nature. (Note that even if your party is full, it gives the option to sub the dragon in rather than sending it straight to PC, so you can then check it during the next battle.)
Are you able to save in front of it? Is there a ridiculously long amount of dialog/animation each time? If you can save right in front with no dialog I might just do as you suggest...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Are you able to save in front of it? Is there a ridiculously long amount of dialog/animation each time? If you can save right in front with no dialog I might just do as you suggest...
You can save in front of it. Just press A, it roars, and the battle starts. Also, keep in mind you can always just lose to N and then calculate its stats more accurately if there's any problem in-battle.

You approach N, a cut scene occurs. You can save after this or approach the dragon; pressing A next to it leads into a fight against it. After the fight your Pokémon are healed and you go straight into the battle with N.

at the desert resort/relic, is it worth working on the IV for Volcarona?(soft reset DS) I mean I have synchronise ability for nature, and Volcarona has decent speed/sp.att

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
at the desert resort/relic, is it worth working on the IV for Volcarona?(soft reset DS) I mean I have synchronise ability for nature, and Volcarona has decent speed/sp.att
Volcarona isn't a legendary, so you can always breed it later if you want.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
If you do have the determination its not that hard. Plus, Audino.
Plus level 63+ Dittos in Giant Chasm that can transform into Audino/Chansey/Blissey with terrible movesets, coupled with Lucky Egg and (international) trade bonus = Ginormous amounts of experience.

This question will probably sound dumb, but is there a way to get back to the main menu without turning of the DS (I'm using a DS lite)? Th only way I know to reset is turning it off and on (which can be a pain).

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
This question will probably sound dumb, but is there a way to get back to the main menu without turning of the DS (I'm using a DS lite)? Th only way I know to reset is turning it off and on (which can be a pain).
No, not on a standard DS or DS Lite. You can on a DSi and DSi XL (and presumably on a 3DS) by tapping the power button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)