Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smeargle: How do you get moves on it, legitimately, that aren't learned by Wild Pokemon in general?

Is there some secret I'm not getting? Sketching an allied pokemon during wild double battles? Or is it something as stupidly simple as preparing a Pokemon with nothing but the move you want, baiting a wild Ditto into copying it, then swapping in the Smeargle?
I always do that. It kinda depends of the move, but it's pretty much down to that.

Does Japan have it's own list of released Dream World pokes or do all regions get the same stuff?
It's the same, except for event pokes like the Arceus IIRC.

Smeargle: How do you get moves on it, legitimately, that aren't learned by Wild Pokemon in general?

Is there some secret I'm not getting? Sketching an allied pokemon during wild double battles? Or is it something as stupidly simple as preparing a Pokemon with nothing but the move you want, baiting a wild Ditto into copying it, then swapping in the Smeargle?
Either work. I tend to go with the allied Pokemon approach, which is even easier in GenV thanks to triple battles being specifically placed.

Hey, RNG question here. If im doing non C Gear seeds and I want to get shinys and have my SID and stuff, where do I find my shiny seed? In time finder by clicking shiny only, or do I wait to put my seed in PIDRNG finder and look from there for a shiny? Thanks

I've seen more sassy ferrothorns than anything, thanks to the higher base def stat, you still take things like outrages very well. To be honest the comments on ferro analysis itself says it can be sassy in order to take the ones like latios, gengar etc.
And since the majority of fire moves come from special atackers, sassy is in my point of view, as good as the one in analysis. For EV split the usual 252/252/6 is fine.
Thanks for the info. Though, would that be 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD? With a Sassy nature? What kind of defenses would that give Ferrothorn, exactly?

Thanks for the info. Though, would that be 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD? With a Sassy nature? What kind of defenses would that give Ferrothorn, exactly?
Well, mine is a Seeder with 289/354/364 HP/Defenses, while Careful I think. It works well, but I kinda wanna re-EV it in HP and take some out of SpDef.

(Mine is obviously 4HP / 252Def / 252SpDef)

Well let's see... basically the reason I'm looking for good spreads is because I'm making a mono-Grass team, and I want Ferrothorn to be the general wall. With a Relaxed nature (since after breeding a lot I got a pretty good one with Relaxed) what would be a good spread to take hits in general, and also Fire hits with Rain support? (Yes, I'm planning Rain support on a mono-Grass team, Roserade ftw)

No Sassy nature with 252 hp/6 def/252 s.def. Should have specified better, sorry.
It would leave it with a 352 hp/299 def/364 s. def, considering 31 IV in all stats IIRC.

No Sassy nature with 252 hp/6 def/252 s.def. Should have specified better, sorry.
It would leave it with a 352 hp/299 def/364 s. def, considering 31 IV in all stats IIRC.
I see, thanks for the clarification.

Grr... I really don't know what to do. I have a good Relaxed one, but I kinda want to get a Sassy one now... I just don't know the optimal build for my team.

Excadrill & Ferro against Sawsbuck & Mienfoo

Excadrill used Rapid Spin on Ferrothorn, Iron Barbs activates, nothing else happens. Then, Sawsbuck pops the Balloon proving that Iron Barbs does nothing to it.

Confirmed that Iron Barbs doesn't pop its Air Balloon.
I see. Thanks!

I hope this is the right place, But i have a question regarding the interaction with the move hidden power and the ability, Adaptability.

Since hidden power is listed as normal, would Porygon Z double the power of Hidden power?

I know hidden power never is a normal attack, but how does this work when interacting with abilities. The same question also goes for the move conversion. Would conversion see hidden power as what ever type it is or does it only see it as a normal attack?

Thanks for any help.

I hope this is the right place, But i have a question regarding the interaction with the move hidden power and the ability, Adaptability.

Since hidden power is listed as normal, would Porygon Z double the power of Hidden power?

I know hidden power never is a normal attack, but how does this work when interacting with abilities. The same question also goes for the move conversion. Would conversion see hidden power as what ever type it is or does it only see it as a normal attack?

Thanks for any help.
Well, I'm certain Adaptability doesn't boost an any-type HP because the Gems boost Hidden Powers of their type (i.e. Ice Gem activates when you use HP-Ice), so I'd assume Adaptability follows the same general rule.

would a defensive crobat be effective in 5th gen?

since it has moves like taunt, roost, whirlwind etc

im not saying something like max hp but the standard crobat but set slightly more defensive

A question...how is it posible for a Level 1 Cottonee to learn both Leech Seed AND Memento? I had a male Jumpluff try to pass on Leech Seed, but only passed on Memento.

With an ally in wild double battles. Even easier this generation.

A question...how is it posible for a Level 1 Cottonee to learn both Leech Seed AND Memento? I had a male Jumpluff try to pass on Leech Seed, but only passed on Memento.
Leech Seed is not an egg move, so it is not enough for the father to have it. Both parents must have the levelup move for the child to know it.

baronsmeg:

Adaptability affects the types of attacks, while Conversion affects the types of moves. A move's type can't change, while an attack's type can. For example, the move Hidden Power has the type Normal, while the use of Hidden Power, the attack, can have various types depending on the Pokemon.

My description for Conversion reads in part:

"User's types become the original type of one of the user's moves, except this move, chosen at random."

Conversion would always treat Hidden Power as Normal.

My description for Adaptability reads:

"If an attack by bearer shares a type with one of bearer's types, that attack's effectiveness is doubled instead of multiplied by 1.5."

Adaptability would not treat Hidden Power as Normal.

baronsmeg:

Adaptability affects the types of attacks, while Conversion affects the types of moves. A move's type can't change, while an attack's type can. For example, the move Hidden Power has the type Normal, while the use of Hidden Power, the attack, can have various types depending on the Pokemon.

My description for Conversion reads in part:

"User's types become the original type of one of the user's moves, except this move, chosen at random."

Conversion would always treat Hidden Power as Normal.

My description for Adaptability reads:

"If an attack by bearer shares a type with one of bearer's types, that attack's effectiveness is doubled instead of multiplied by 1.5."

Adaptability would not treat Hidden Power as Normal.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Zacchaeus:

Though it might have changed this generation, here is how Fury Cutter worked in generation 4:

My description for Fury Cutter:

"A multiplier, X (which begins at 0), increases by 1 if this attack is successful, up to a maximum of 4. X is reset to 0 when user is replaced [that is, leaves the field], when user falls asleep or becomes frozen; or when an attack by the user is prevented from being used, is avoided by the opponent, or becomes ineffective. This attack's power is multiplied by 2 to the power of X."

In generation 4, the counter used for Metronome roughly corresponds to the number of times the holder chose the same move for use. In general, the counter is unchanged if the move fails or is prevented from being used, but it's much more complicated than that; see my item list for generation 4 for more information.

I will work on whether there are any changes for generation 5, but the above should be of help, I hope.
This seems like it would be the case but a few times in B/W Battle Subway when I use Metronome Fury Cutter, it seems that paralysis and flinching aren't ending my boost at all so I wanted to confirm the new (I think) mechanics

I was wondering, can anyone tell me of any good Personality Number Calculator? I have been looking everywhere and can't seem to kind one. I need it for one of those hacked GTS servers where you just place in the ivs, nature and go, problem is, the personalities are illegal, but it does give you an option to edit personality values, I just need an online calculator to find the value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)