Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well IronGross, I mean like Gyarados with Earthquake, and Rhydon with Swords Dance, moves that they can't normally get in th eolder generation, using them in the older games.
That's the thing. There's no compatibility between the advance games and game boy games. Absolutely none. It has nothing to do with them not naturally learning the moves in the older gens or whatever (GSC -> RBY allows stuff like, say, Ice Punch Electabuzz), it's just that ADV -> gen I or II just doesn't work. Only way you're getting those moves on those Pokemon is by sharking.

That's the thing. There's no compatibility between the advance games and game boy games. Absolutely none. It has nothing to do with them not naturally learning the moves in the older gens or whatever (GSC -> RBY allows stuff like, say, Ice Punch Electabuzz), it's just that ADV -> gen I or II just doesn't work. Only way you're getting those moves on those Pokemon is by sharking.
I think he was just using that as an example. I was confused about that too. Either way Gen III can not trade with Gen II and below.

Nintendo lazily tried to fix this by doing a thing called "Migrating Pokemon". They made it impossible to trade Generation IV games to Generation III, rather you can only trade Generation III Pokemon to Generation IV.

It short, Generation III got a screw over.

Yes, I ment sharking. I gave a gyarados Earthquake. I'm working making all evolved Pokemon having GSC moves, or if there isn othing they can learn I go up one more generation.

When I'm playing in 3rd gen OU, would rapid spin be necessary? I mean, the only thing it clears is spikes; there are no stealth rocks or toxic spikes and I plan to use a total of 3 levitators and flying types on my team. What if I had no levitators or flying types? Then should I have a rapid spinner on my team?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I usually carry a Rapid Spinner since Spikes + Sandstorm can still wreck grounded mons. However, if your grounded mons have reliable recovery (Recover / Softboiled / Wish) you may forego Rapid Spin. Spike-stacking is a popular strategy since ADV, so usually Rapid Spin is useful if you want to minimize damage.

I'll say add a Rapid Spinner and see how useful it is. If you don't find clearing Rapid Spin being helpful for your team, then you should consider replacing it. Forretress, Claydol, Cloyster, Armaldo, and Starmie are all great options. On Claydol I like giving it Shadow Ball for Gengars. You can also give it Toxic to punish Dusclops or add CB to ensure an OHKO on Gengar with Shadow Ball. Forretress and Cloyster can set up Spikes as well as Rapid Spin. Armaldo can threaten spinblockers with Swords Dance + Rock Blast / Rock Slide.

I usually carry a Rapid Spinner since Spikes + Sandstorm can still wreck grounded mons. However, if your grounded mons have reliable recovery (Recover / Softboiled / Wish) you may forego Rapid Spin. Spike-stacking is a popular strategy since ADV, so usually Rapid Spin is useful if you want to minimize damage.

I'll say add a Rapid Spinner and see how useful it is. If you don't find clearing Rapid Spin being helpful for your team, then you should consider replacing it. Forretress, Claydol, Cloyster, Armaldo, and Starmie are all great options. On Claydol I like giving it Shadow Ball for Gengars. You can also give it Toxic to punish Dusclops or add CB to ensure an OHKO on Gengar with Shadow Ball. Forretress and Cloyster can set up Spikes as well as Rapid Spin. Armaldo can threaten spinblockers with Swords Dance + Rock Blast / Rock Slide.
Cool. Thanks.

How can i breed substitute and sing/encore onto a marill/azurill ?
I'm assuming that you want to do this in Emerald

Male Kecelon with substitute(level up move) + Female Skitty = Male Skitty with substitute
Male Skitty with substitute and Sing(lvl up move) + female Plusle = Male Plusle with sing and substitute
Male Plusle with sing, substitute, and encore(level up move) + female Marrill/azumarrill = your pokemon.

If it's not Emerald, then I can find a way to do it in FR/LG or DPPt. I was just using pokemon that are somewhat easy to find in the game.

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If the internal battery is dead and time-related events do not occur, what does this effect?

berries u can get from npc, the lottery, growing berries (u can get more by cloning), am i missing something?
u can fix it if u have a connection to firered or leafgreen

Pocket

Thanks! Unfortunately I do not have either of them. Does dead internal battery also affect breeding?

Ok, so I read here on Bulbapedia (and also in the game instruction manual) that badges increase certain stats (eg Boulder Badge increased attack). What I wanna know is

By how much does the badge increase the specified stat by, and how is this calculated?

Also, I haven't been here in a while and am struggling with finding the rules again . . . could someone please be kind enough to link me? I really hope linking to bulbapedia isn't breaking anything :O

The rules are in the bottom right hand side of the page (every page). I dunno about the Boosts, but I always thought it had something to do with EV's that a pokemon can earn. I'm more likely than not wrong though.

My question: When playing Slots in Ruby, I sometimes get a Random Pikachu charging up while looking at rolling number (0-5, I think). What am I supposed to do when that happens:??

Also, does the above Internal Battery thing affect Eevee evolution to Umbreon/Espeon? As long as the time's right, will it be okay?

The internal battery does affect time Eeveelutions. Your internal battery shouldn't be dead yet, though. I don't know about the slots thing.

I know I should ask this in everstone's thread but just in case someone can answer it more quickly or something (without having to waste another post), does anyone know of a good flawless or at least very close to flawless ivs for hidden power ghost/bug spreads on emerald's broken rng? The only reason you'd use Pikachu, or in this Raichu, is because it can obtain Surf from Pokemon Stadium once beating all the Stadium cups with just rented Pokemon Stadium Pokemon.

GSC ingame question:

So I was wondering in netbattle you need to set Marowaks attack dv to 13 otherwise after a swords dance it's attack goes over 1000 wich means it goes back to 1 or something meaning it won't hit anything after a sd with an attack dv higher than 13.
Does the same goes for ingame Marowak with swords dance? Or doesn't it hurt when your ingame Marowak has an attack dv higher than 13?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yes, the rollover glitch is a property of the cartridges that is replicated in battle simulators.

do the legendary dogs in fire red and leaf green ALWAYS generate ugly ivs upon encounter? Since i've read a guide somewhere stating that, the only chance of getting a competitive johto legendary dog is through GoD or Colloseum iirc. Since i have no intention of transferring them, and the reason im searching for good ones is just to try out in gen 3 battle frontier.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
do the legendary dogs in fire red and leaf green ALWAYS generate ugly ivs upon encounter? Since i've read a guide somewhere stating that, the only chance of getting a competitive johto legendary dog is through GoD or Colloseum iirc. Since i have no intention of transferring them, and the reason im searching for good ones is just to try out in gen 3 battle frontier.
Yes, it's because of a glitch while recording their IVs.

If i have one egg in 1 rom and the id/sid for it to be shiny in another do i have to i trade or can i load the memory dump directly?(asking for legitimacy purposes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)