Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

Is it even possible to play these games anymore? My (fake) yellow lost it's memory like seven years ago lol...
I don't understand what you mean by your 'fake' Yellow version? Care to elaborate more on that? Thanks. And as far as it comes to my old school Pokemon cartrdige games, they still work perfectly fine. My Yellow version is having some troubles lately, but my Red version is still working like a charm, and both my Gold & Crystal versions are working 100% as well.

I rarely play with them anymore, or have been until recent months, but they still work if you keep them safe. They've been sitting in my GB/GBC/GBA game pouch and they stay in those little plastic game holders, so no dust (or less dust) has touched them from being in there, and the chips inside are clean, so no internal damage on the cartridges.

But yes, mine still work great, but if I feel like playing those games from that Gen, then I'd just put those games on my PSP, and since we can't talk about roms/emulators or things such as those, I won't say more than what I already have. But when I say I put them on my PSP, you'll get a clue on how that works, no need to explain that, specially not in this section, or on Smogon at all.

I think I had a Blue version, but I don't know where it is, I probably lost it in a house move or something. Probably somewhere in my garage along with all the other crap. So I hope that works if I ever find it again.

~ Aether Nexus

If in ruby in the cave of origin you ignore waterfall deal with groudon and then leave how do you get waterfall then?
You can go back into the Cave of Origin at any time and it will remain there.

Also, question regarding the Wii, since I have one but not a Gamecube: Is there any way to trade between a GBA and a Wii that I am playing Pokemon Colosseum/XD on?

Unfortunately I can't answer that question, freaktron. But if you can't use the Wii then you could probably pick up a cheap gamecube at a market or something second hand.

My question regard shiny pokemon and breeding. I read somewhere that using a foreign pokemon will help the shiny chances of the eggs, so can anyone confirm that it will be easier to get a shiny if I breed my Spanish game Smeargle with my English Absol? Or is it just a dumb rumor?

My Absol is Female, Adamant and has Everstone so it will make the nature of the egg Adamant 50% of the time too.

Im going to be playing through my emerald game again. and was wondering what a good team would be (for playing ingame) my starter will be mudkip!

whats a good hm slave?

Unfortunately I can't answer that question, freaktron. But if you can't use the Wii then you could probably pick up a cheap gamecube at a market or something second hand.
Well I don't want to have to buy a Gamecube that I would only use for one thing, especially if my parents were to find out about it. You're suggesting me do that if I CAN'T use the Wii to trade, yes? If that's true...well, i'll just have to pray to god I can get my hands on another Ruby cartridge.

Im going to be playing through my emerald game again. and was wondering what a good team would be (for playing ingame) my starter will be mudkip!

whats a good hm slave?
For an HM slave, get a Marill. It can learn Strength, Rock Smash, Dive and Waterfall. But before that, you should have no trouble finding something to give Cut and Rock Smash to, like a Zigzagoon.

Well I don't want to have to buy a Gamecube that I would only use for one thing, especially if my parents were to find out about it. You're suggesting me do that if I CAN'T use the Wii to trade, yes? If that's true...well, i'll just have to pray to god I can get my hands on another Ruby cartridge.
You can use the Wii to trade between Colosseum/XD and the other 3rd Gen games just like you could with the Gamecube. You still need the GBA/Gamecube adapter cable (and a GBA; DS doesn't have a port for that cable), but it works exactly the same on the Wii as it does on the Gamecube.

Could somebody send me a copy of Netbattle? The pmnb site is down. Or does Shoddy Battle support Gen I? If so I'll use that.

Could somebody send me a copy of Netbattle? The pmnb site is down. Or does Shoddy Battle support Gen I? If so I'll use that.
Just download it from the link Hipmonlee gave to me, which can be downloaded from here. Make sure to download the newest version, or else I believe you can't have battles, or as far as I've heard. The newest one is the 1.0.42, which is located at the top of that page, and you can't miss it, and plus they clearly say it's newest version.

And I wish Shoddy supported the last 3 generations of battling, or atleast gen 1 and 2, but I don't think Colin or Bearzly would ever have enough time nor would they really want to do something like that. With Shoddy Battle 2 coming this Fall, they've got their hands pretty busy. But Pokemon players can dream about such options one day on Shoddy Battle in the future.

Oh and if you're ever looking for an RBY battle, look me on NB, I'm on any server that isn't locked or needs a password. Or if you wish to battle in RBY, send me a message sometime and we'll set it up. If Net Battle doesn't work for you, then your last choice would probably be PBS, which is okay, but battling RBY is better on NB with more options and what not.

Edit: Also, if you have anything other than a Windows, I don't think NB is supported.

~ Aether Nexus

What is the limit on the number of Eon Tickets that one cartridge can share (assuming that cartridge got it by scanning)? I looked around and I saw different numbers: 5, 50, 99, and 100. I just swapped records between Ruby (scanned my ticket onto it way back in 2003) and Emerald, and Emerald didn't get it, so I figure I must be over the limit in Ruby, right? I've done it before, but it's been awhile... does it just automatically appear in the bag, do I get a message saying "_____ received an EON TICKET" upon completion of the record mixing, or what? Emerald has beaten the Elite Four and I have the 1P end of the GBA Game Link Cable in Ruby.

What is the limit on the number of Eon Tickets that one cartridge can share (assuming that cartridge got it by scanning)? I looked around and I saw different numbers: 5, 50, 99, and 100. I just swapped records between Ruby (scanned my ticket onto it way back in 2003) and Emerald, and Emerald didn't get it, so I figure I must be over the limit in Ruby, right? I've done it before, but it's been awhile... does it just automatically appear in the bag, do I get a message saying "_____ received an EON TICKET" upon completion of the record mixing, or what? Emerald has beaten the Elite Four and I have the 1P end of the GBA Game Link Cable in Ruby.
I know that with my UK copy of Ruby, I've sent at least 10 Eon Tickets onwards to either fresh starts in other games (2 in Sapphire & 2 to Emerald), and at least 7 others.

If I get Pokemon XD for my wii, will the transfer cable still work? Also, will the cable work with a DS?
When playing a GameCube game, your Wii is essentially a fancy Cube. You'll need a GBA though, since as I just said, the Wii is being a GameCube, and there's no cnnectivity between GameCube and DS.

My friend has Emerald. He is trying to make his Swampert forget Surf (via Move Deleter). He said that Swampert is unwilling to forget that move. Help?

Two questions & both have to do with Fire Red in some way.

1)If I trade one of my pokemon that only evolves with a certain item(ex:Onix with Metal Coat)from FireRed to, say, Pokemon Platinum, will it evolve and would I be able to get it at Pal Park?

2) I keep hearing about this Mystery Cave after you get the Mystery Gift at any pokemart. Does it even exist and if it does how do I access it?

Yes I know that was 4 questions :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)