Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. (RoA Version + resource links)

My friend has Emerald. He is trying to make his Swampert forget Surf (via Move Deleter). He said that Swampert is unwilling to forget that move. Help?
Teach something else Surf.

Two questions & both have to do with Fire Red in some way.

1)If I trade one of my pokemon that only evolves with a certain item(ex:Onix with Metal Coat)from FireRed to, say, Pokemon Platinum, will it evolve and would I be able to get it at Pal Park?

2) I keep hearing about this Mystery Cave after you get the Mystery Gift at any pokemart. Does it even exist and if it does how do I access it?

Yes I know that was 4 questions :toast:
1) No.

2) Guessing no, bulbapedia has nothing on it.

going to be doing a play through on fire red. was wondering what pokemon i should use. I know i want to use Exeggutor for sure.

should i do a mono run?

going to be doing a play through on fire red. was wondering what pokemon i should use. I know i want to use Exeggutor for sure.

should i do a mono run?
You can't really ask us that since it's your opinion. If you want a balanced team with Exeggutor then choose Charmander and catch a Psyduck/Staryu later on, or choose Squirtle and catch a Growlithe/Vulpix later. Then choose a flyer such as Dragonite, Pidgeot or Fearow and a Rock/Ground type such as Marowak or Rhyhorn.

Like I said it's your choice what you want... If you want a mono run then go for it.

If you want a "fun playthrough" then I always enjoyed using unevolved pokemon to make the game more of a challenge (I won the league with Squirtle, Nidorina, Rhyhorn, Kadabra and Vulpix and it was quite fun)

Wondering, is it true that a pokemon raised from a lower level will have higher stats? And also will using rare candies cause your pokemon's stats to be lower? I've heard that and believed it for a long time but it doesn't seem to be true.

Wondering, is it true that a pokemon raised from a lower level will have higher stats? And also will using rare candies cause your pokemon's stats to be lower? I've heard that and believed it for a long time but it doesn't seem to be true.
That's only true in the sense that with two identical Pokemon, a Pokemon that is only given Rare Candies will have lower stats than a Pokemon only trained in battle to the same level due to not having any Stat Experience. That's what the games have been trying to tell you all these years. Why they don't tell it to you straight is beyond me.

It doesn't matter in the long run, though.

Any loss in Stat Experience (through rare candies or boosted exp gain through trading) can be remedied by using the Box Trick.

Simply put, your Pokemon still gain Stat Exp - even at level 100.

The game recalculates the stats every time it enters your party, so all you have to do is a load of battles, and deposit it in a box, then withdraw it again.

When the stats no longer increase, that pokemon's reached it's Max stats.

It should be noted that the max stats likely won't match up to the max stats printed around the internet, as they're based on a "Maxgene" pokemon.

Once I first beat the Elite 4 in Emerald, am I forced to choose the color of Lati@s before I can leave my house, or can I come back later and check the TV then? I'm going to be trying to get a shiny one with RNG abuse and am saved within the Elite 4, so I need to know if I should continue on or purposely lose so that I can properly prepare for my resetting (switching Bikes, buying lots of Repels, etc). Please let me know! Thanks!

Every single Latias I've caught has had the EXACT same IVs [7/0/0/0/0/0] even when they had different natures. And I finally found a timid nature Latias with the same IVs. Is there anyway to hax those IVs in my favor or am I just having incredible luck?

I've been trying to catch a Heracross for hours and haven't had any luck. I know that they can be found in mountanous areas along with Spearow and Aipom with Headbutt but does anyone know of any "hot spots" that Heracross show up?

I've been trying to catch a Heracross for hours and haven't had any luck. I know that they can be found in mountanous areas along with Spearow and Aipom with Headbutt but does anyone know of any "hot spots" that Heracross show up?
Let's see what Serebii says:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex/214.shtml

Location: The Trees in Routes 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
Rarity: Rare

Yeah, if you're checking those areas and still not finding it, then keep trying is all I can tell you to do...

gumnas

formerly .Maguss.
If your version is Crystal, it only appears on routes 33, 42, 44 and Azalea Town. Also, it won't appear on all of the trees.

Alright, so I finally got Pokemon XD a few days ago. My concern is this: how far in the game do I have to get before I can trade between it and my GBA games? I thought there would be an option to let you do that as soon as possible, but I don't see it. (Maybe i'm missing something...) And of course you can't trade Shadow Pokemon, right?

What would happen, if, say, you got your Mewtwo from RBY to stats of 415, 318, 278, 406, 358, which are max stats. Then you traded to your DPP game. Would Mewtwo still have pretty much max stats in every category?

What would happen, if, say, you got your Mewtwo from RBY to stats of 415, 318, 278, 406, 358, which are max stats. Then you traded to your DPP game. Would Mewtwo still have pretty much max stats in every category?
There's no way of trading a 1st or 2nd gen Pokemon to any later games. If it were possible to trade it to the 4th gen game, then maybe, but since it's impossible, it's really a pointless speculation game.

There's no way of trading a 1st or 2nd gen Pokemon to any later games. If it were possible to trade it to the 4th gen game, then maybe, but since it's impossible, it's really a pointless speculation game.

hmm, ok, having never owned a game cartridge higher than silver, I did not know that.

Are there any damage calculators for the 1st and 2nd gen series of games?
Yes, you can either use Net Battles in-game damage calculator, or you can use Marble Palaces, which I use both and still work quite well.

Marble Palace has both 1st gen and 2nd gen damage calculators, and you can go here for them.

~ Aether Nexus

Cool, thanks you guys, I think I'm going to stick with the marble palace one as the geocities damage calculator looks a bit too complicated. Also where would I be able to find all of the moves in the 1st and 2nd gen games?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Cool, thanks you guys, I think I'm going to stick with the marble palace one as the geocities damage calculator looks a bit too complicated. Also where would I be able to find all of the moves in the 1st and 2nd gen games?
In the original post of this thread and the one in Mt. Silver forums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)