Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the recommended nature for Choice Scarf Kyogre - Modest or Timid?

Also, was Duy's Kyogre using Hidden Power Flying? I know his HP was super-effective against an Abomasnow, and I heard a separate mention of HP Flying on Kyogre elsewhere. Is this something that's beginning to become fairly mainstream?
HP Flying = Hits Shedinja and Abomasnow for super effective damage. The 2 biggest walls to kyogre.

EDIT:
Yes not to mention Ludicolo too
Yep - i forgot that one. Thx.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Suppose a Giratina has used Shadow Force and is faster than my Hitmontop (if that matters), would my Hitmontop's Sucker Punch hit the Giratina on the turn it attacks?

Giant Enemy Crab:

Sucker Punch would always strike before Shadow Force, since Sucker Punch has a higher priority than Shadow Force. This is unaffected by differences in Speed or the effect of Trick Room. However, since all attacks will miss the user of Shadow Force during its effect, Sucker Punch will have no effect on the user during the second turn.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You can sucker punch on the turn that giratina disappears for shadow force, however. The only thing that can hit giratina mid-shadow force is an attack under the effect of No Guard from Machamp.

Speaking of Machamp, has anyone seen Machamp on successful teams? No Guard or even Guts Machamps can be pretty lethal, but I'm not surprised that I haven't much of him.

Under TR conditions (or Icy-Winded opponents), Machamp seems to thrive on paper. So, I'm wondering, any word on Machamp's usage and viability?

How do you actually register?
You bring the required materials to the regional site on the date and time provided on the official pokemon site at the section of the regional you want to go to. Then you turn in the team information sheet to the tourney official that takes tourney entries. However, it's better to arrive at least 45-60 mins before registration begins to secure your spot...

For more information on materials:

Materials you Need to Register

For provided date and time, check the sticky regarding vgc rules and locations, then choose what date, time and location you want to play on, as in that front, you're on your own...

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you're using Smeargle, it should be because there's something you need done on your team that other Pokemon can't do.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
If you're using Smeargle, it should be because there's something you need done on your team that other Pokemon can't do.
Good point. Very very true. But what other poke can spam DV? and if necessary, follow me, or Fake out, or etc, etc, etc...

so.. for the VGC.. i can list 2 of the same item (out of 6) on my reg. sheet.. i just can't have 2 or more use the same during battle.. correct??!

I don't really see why you would bother doing that, because you're only allowed to use one item per battle anyways. There's no point of wasting another space is there?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so.. for the VGC.. i can list 2 of the same item (out of 6) on my reg. sheet.. i just can't have 2 or more use the same during battle.. correct??!
I don't see why you'd bother, as the above poster stated, you're just wasting a slot. You can switch items freely between all of your Pokémon in-between rounds anyway, so you never need two of the same thing.

I don't see why you'd bother, as the above poster stated, you're just wasting a slot. You can switch items freely between all of your Pokémon in-between rounds anyway, so you never need two of the same thing.
Wait, so you can't have two pokemon with the same held item (eg two Focus Sash users)?

Each Pokémon on a player's team may use held items, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item during battle. Allowed items include held items from Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions as well as from earlier video games, including Berries 1-64. The Soul Dew item may not be used.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good point. Very very true. But what other poke can spam DV? and if necessary, follow me, or Fake out, or etc, etc, etc...
Which is why you take Smeargle if you want all that on one Pokemon. It's why I use Smeargle.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
quick question, how do you post pictures in threads. i am trying to put pictures in my war-story but the "insert image" option only gives me a url link option, sorry i am not tech savy :(. my pics are in my folder not on a website for the url/link option to work :(

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You have to upload them somewhere else. Imageshack.us and Photobucket.com are commonly used image hosting sites.

Hey
Say I leave the morning of VGC
and arrive at the location at 12:30
Will I be able to register? Cause I've heard the lines get really long
To people who get there not get to play because of this?
Thanks

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
no if you arrive at 12:30 pm u are fine, you will be in the back but fine. its actually opened till 1:30 pm. one of the staffs goes and stands behind the last person in line at 1:30pm. thats when u are screwed

no if you arrive at 12:30 pm u are fine, you will be in the back but fine. its actually opened till 1:30 pm. one of the staffs goes and stands behind the last person in line at 1:30pm. thats when u are screwed
Alright, thanks a lot. This makes me feel a lot better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)