Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't rule electivire out. Sure he isn't amazingly bulky, but if you can get a Motor Drive boost he can do a lot of damage.

So can a lot of others. But, I doubt seeing him being very useful. And, he's pretty predictable.

The fact that he can be taken out very easily and needs a Motor Drive boost to do anything rules out his effectiveness.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Motor Drive boost isn't a big deal as you can give it to him yourself with a Zapdos Discharge. Being OHKO'd by Choice Scarf Kyogre before Discharge even goes off is a much bigger problem.

Endure is a good idea but it really comes down to which one is faster in that circumstance, a scarfed kyogre or a motor drive boosted electivire. Zapados and electivire combo would definately be a great lead killer since even if it is facing a TR team then zapados can heat wave the usual dialga and electivire can EQ it to death.

Endure is a good idea but it really comes down to which one is faster in that circumstance, a scarfed kyogre or a motor drive boosted electivire. Zapados and electivire combo would definately be a great lead killer since even if it is facing a TR team then zapados can heat wave the usual dialga and electivire can EQ it to death.
Endure is great. But Hail and Pritory moves can hurt you. Hitmontop is getting too common now.

just a quick question: Will next year's VGC most likely allow those certain "restricted" pokemon again? Because something came up and now i can't attend this year :( so i'm kinda just thinkin about next year.

just a quick question: Will next year's VGC most likely allow those certain "restricted" pokemon again? Because something came up and now i can't attend this year :( so i'm kinda just thinkin about next year.
Until TPCi says anything on the subject, nobody knows anything. Ask again after Worlds in August.

For an explosive azelf what nature should I use? His only attack will be explosion with safeguard taunt protect. adamant or jolly? Max speed adamant azelf outspeeds base 100.

For an explosive azelf what nature should I use? His only attack will be explosion with safeguard taunt protect. adamant or jolly? Max speed adamant azelf outspeeds base 100.
I would say Adamant, because he isn't going to be outspeeding Weavile (almost all will be Jolly) or anything else relevant if you make it Jolly.

Won't 5th Gen be out by the next VGC? If it is then it is almost impossible to predict what the VGC will be like. If it isn't out I reckon it will be the same GS Cup Style.

How popular has Smeargle been? I haven't seen him mentioned in any warstories.
He is almost always used as a lead alongside a Trick Room User. Expect Fake out or Follow Me first turn, then Super Fang or Dark Void Second turn. They almost always hold Focus Sash

I have a Pokemon with pokerus that I want to trade to my Soul Silver, but I used AR to get Items. So I was wondering if my pokemon with the pokerus would affect my SS game coming from my ARed Platinum?

Edit: To clarify what I am saying. Will my pokemon with the Pokerus be affected from my AR cheating and would that show my Soul Silver game being hacked when I obtain my guy from my hacked Platinum game? I want to participate in the VGC, but I don't want to go there to get the boot because I traded over a guy from a hacked game.

Edit2: Will it be Hacked Detectable by Nintendo at a VGC.

No, it won't, unless you used action replay to modify some moves, EVs, nature, IVs. In that case, it will probably be detected.

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Just how strict are they with limited items? I heard about someone being disqualified because of too many grass knott TMs, and obviously you don't want to show up with 999 of anything...but would they say anything about having your entire team PP maxed?

Just how strict are they with limited items? I heard about someone being disqualified because of too many grass knott TMs, and obviously you don't want to show up with 999 of anything...but would they say anything about having your entire team PP maxed?
Well, I think I said this to someone else, but I recall to last year's VGC where I made it to the finalists (before losing to IPL on a stupid mistake =.=) and I had 999 of everything. I was like, "Oh shit... I'm going to be DQ'd." But I wasn't, s I don't think it would matter. I also had all my moves PP maxed as well.

Several people have reported passing with multiple one time items. The only report that said he got DQ'd for "Too many grass knots" - i honestly think he was trying to makeup a story for why he REALLY got DQ'd.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
does the move helping hand always go first[between your pokemon not for all pokemon on the field. i am thinking of trying the gengar +helping hand lead for fun.

does the move helping hand always go first[between your pokemon not for all pokemon on the field. i am thinking of trying the gengar +helping hand lead for fun.
Helping Hand has a priority of 5, making it the fastest move available, so yeah it'll go first.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ty coaster for the answer

so in the VGC some have to battle 3 people to get into the finalists round [atleast thats what i saw in seattle] but i have heard some had to beat 4 people, how does that happen? is that like a last people situation for those who didnt get in line till 5 min b4 1:30 pm and the staff had to find a system to even players out?.....or something, basically how does that process of 4 battles work.

ty coaster for the answer

so in the VGC some have to battle 3 people to get into the finalists round [atleast thats what i saw in seattle] but i have heard some had to beat 4 people, how does that happen? is that like a last people situation for those who didnt get in line till 5 min b4 1:30 pm and the staff had to find a system to even players out?.....or something, basically how does that process of 4 battles work.
Probably it depends on the number of turn outs. The more people, the more rounds perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)