Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - VGC edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of Musharna, use Jellicent. Jellicent threatens a powerful Water Spout if not double targeted, and Amoonguss should never be left alive, so they would want to double target it. This could cause some interesting things...
Wow! I didn't even realize that Jellicent could learn Trick Room! Thanks! :toast:

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No problem! So, is it confirmed that team preview will be on? I'm pretty sure it is, but I wanted to confirm my belief.
http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/regulations
Under "Battle Rules":
  • Prior to the start of the battle, the Pokémon on each player's team will be displayed to their opponent briefly. Moves and held items are not displayed
  • While viewing the Pokémon on their opponent's team, each player selects four Pokémon to use during the battle, and sends out two Pokémon at a time. The Pokémon that a player selects and the order of those Pokémon remains a secret until they are revealed during battle.

Do you guys think Discharge on Thundurus is better than Tbolt? I know you would have to make your team around the Discharge, AND it can be wide guarded. idk, all the battles i've been playing people just use Tbolt. I like Dischare better. But thats just me. Am i being too predictable?

How viable is Alomomola (or however you spell the non-Luvdisc heart fish) in VGC rules?

Also, if the ability Healer cures the status of a Pokemon carrying a Flame or Toxic Orb, will the Orb reactivate at the end of the turn, or wait until the next turn?

I've been getting the impression that the VGC is gonna be saturated with Trick Room and Tailwind teams. Is this a rational assumption?

Also, using Trick Room after Trick Room cancels out the Trick Room right?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I've been getting the impression that the VGC is gonna be saturated with Trick Room and Tailwind teams. Is this a rational assumption?

Also, using Trick Room after Trick Room cancels out the Trick Room right?
Yes to both, unless Team Preview changes the metagame significantly.

Would a Trick Room Team consisting of:
Yaichi the Jellicent
Zanji the Audino
Nisashi the Whimsicott
Yariza the Conkeldurr
Irou the Reuniclus
and Kamon the Druddigon

be viable???

How viable is Alomomola (or however you spell the non-Luvdisc heart fish) in VGC rules?
Pretty much unuseable except for a weak aqua jet, wide guard and helping hand. It'll be really good if you're playing noobs, but a good battler will completely play around it if that makes sense.

Yaichi the Jellicent
Zanji the Audino
Nisashi the Whimsicott
Yariza the Conkeldurr
Irou the Reuniclus
and Kamon the Druddigon
Haha, looks okay but I wouldn't use Audino- it's pretty weak. I think a sashed Chandelure would make a better Zanji. Try to fit a Shi En in there too, he's good. :3

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Chandelure's speed will only be a problem against other TR teams. Against any other type of team, it's still going to "outspeed" everything unless they deliberately included something slow to use against TR.

How commonly does Taunt crop up? Would it be better to run a Whimsicott with Mental Herb or Focus Sash?

On a related note, with sufficient defensive investment, a Whimsicott can survive Chandelure's Heat Wave, but can't survive a Flamethrower or a Fire-Gem boosted Heat Wave. Does Chandelure frequently run either of these?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
It's hard to predict how often Taunt will be used at the actual VGCs. It seems that on PO, it was very common at first, but then once people started using Mental Herb it's use dropped off sharply. It's not used too much on there now. However, from conversations with other people on other forums, Taunt still seems popular. If your team absolutely lives or dies on whatever setup, you probably should use Mental Herb.

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a Chandelure with Flamethrower. They usually use Heatwave/Overheat. I have seen a few Fire Jewel ones, but not that often. If they seriously want to kill Whimsicott they will.

Basically reiterating what mattj said.
If your team can deal without tr, then it isnt a neccessity to use mental herb. Also dont just randomly stick good items (sitrus, lum, etc) on pokemon. Its better always to have a specific purpose.
Lets say, you ev'd the whimsicott to survive all fire attacks (hypothetically speaking). In that case focus sash loses its purpose and mental herb is the supremely better option.

Also unboosted heat wave chandelure is quite a little bit more common than boosted/overheat chandelure, but you'd be wise to prepare for it

Basically reiterating what mattj said.
If your team can deal without tr, then it isnt a neccessity to use mental herb. Also dont just randomly stick good items (sitrus, lum, etc) on pokemon. Its better always to have a specific purpose.
Lets say, you ev'd the whimsicott to survive all fire attacks (hypothetically speaking). In that case focus sash loses its purpose and mental herb is the supremely better option.

Also unboosted heat wave chandelure is quite a little bit more common than boosted/overheat chandelure, but you'd be wise to prepare for it
I've seen a raise in Overheat Shandies lately...

(Hi mango xD)

I can't go on Skarmbliss to test my VGC team. I thought maybe a bad connection but I have had no trouble on any of the other servers. The problem is very few people do VGC on the other servers, and I' fighting the same 4 people over and over. Am I the only one having this problem or is Skarmbliss down or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)