Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could use the main site here on Smogon and go to the Strategy Pokédex, they also have a few articles that can help.

Everytime I download Shoddy it gives me a message afterwards saying "Splash:sysCreateListenerSocket failed"

What does that mean?

shoddy errors

I updated my mac today and shoddy is all messed up... I can't see any my moves in a battle and I am only able to use the chat correctly.. Can anyone help me out here or I am just S.O.L?

Hey, I want to get rid of shoddy battle, but I'm not sure it's gone. It shows up in the add/remove program menu, but it says can't fully uninstall program. Is it already gone, or did I miss it somewhere. Also, on my other computer, I found it hiding in some weird folder when I did a computer search for it, but I'm not sure it is really gone. How do I know its gone/get rid of it? btw, I love the program, but I need to let it go (maybe temporarily, :) ) Thanks in advance.
My computer > Local Disk > Program Files > Shoddy Battle Folder > Uninstall shoddy battle program.
You can uninstall Shoddy Battle from the Java control panel.
The first way didn't work, but I found the Java control panel, went to temporary internet files, and shoddy was there. I deleted it, and I think it's gone on my computer, but on the second one, there is nothing in the temporary information area. Also, it still won't let me uninstall it completely and says "Unable to completely unistall application." I have a pretty good idea that it is gone, and only the icon remains under the control panel. Is there any way to search for where it is?

Okay, so I made an account specifically for this.

I have reinstalled the latest Java version multiple times. I've downloaded Shoddy multiple times. I have never been able to even install it.

After I double click the file to install it, it says "Unable to launch application" and closes.

I have also tried clearing my cache but it does nothing either.

Can someone help? Thanks.

I opened Shoddybattle but I cannot login on the Smogon server with my Smogon.com account, do I need to register somewhere to have access?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I opened Shoddybattle but I cannot login on the Smogon server with my Smogon.com account, do I need to register somewhere to have access?
Your Smogon Forums account is in no way tied to a Smogon Server account. You have to make a new account when connecting to the server.

Downloading this, it won't lag a brand new computer will it?

Btw, I already have an account, which I started and downloaded on another computer.

Question about nicknames. Alot of the time when I save a team with each poke nicknamed, I will load it and only a few of the names will actually appear. Why is this and can it be prevented? Thanks in advance.

Yeah Umbreon Dan was right, it will also not show either because you used the bold feature.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
No. At the start of the battle, which team sends out its pokemon first is based on who is the "host" (i.e. the person who initialised the link battle), which I think is the person who made the challenge in Shoddy Battle 1. In Shoddy Battle 2, the host will be decided randomly at the start of the battle.

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
This problem might have already come up, but i can`t open up a battle on my mac.

The screen turns long and i can`t move.

I have the latest software updates but shoddy opens up as com.sun.jawas.Main

what is the suspect ladder and what pokemon can i use in it?
It's different from server to server, which means it has nothing to do with Shoddy, but anyway... It's for testing Pokemon to see if they can fit into certain environments or they're too strong. Check the ladder ban list to see what's missing... Garchomp and Shaymin-s, for example, are being tested on some servers. Some don't have a suspect ladder at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)