Battle Mechanics Research

In Triple Battles, if you select Mega-Evolve, and then choose the Shift command instead of attacking, the Pokemon will not Mega-Evolve. I didn't see this mentioned in the thread, but it has some important implications in Triples.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
In Triple Battles, if you select Mega-Evolve, and then choose the Shift command instead of attacking, the Pokemon will not Mega-Evolve. I didn't see this mentioned in the thread, but it has some important implications in Triples.
But will it count as having Mega-Evolved? (I dunno man, GF had had worse glitches before)

Can someone confirm Facade using a pokemon's normal attack stat when burned, instead of the burned-cut attack value? I guess this would mean using facade while poisoned and using facade while burned and seeing if there's a significant damage difference?

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sooo what happens if you try to mega evolve more than one Pokemon in the same turn in a double / triple battle ? o_o would the button then disappear after the first chosen mevo or will it still be there and then give you an error later or will it evolve the faster one o.o!

Regarding Ion Deluge, if you have a Pokemon use the move, is it possible for a Lightningrod user to absorb Normal type status moves like Encore, Swagger, and Glare due to them being transformed into the Electric type?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Since there seems to be some confusion for some reason, just confirming that Prankster does affect Quick Guard.

Sooo what happens if you try to mega evolve more than one Pokemon in the same turn in a double / triple battle ? o_o would the button then disappear after the first chosen mevo or will it still be there and then give you an error later or will it evolve the faster one o.o!
If you have multiple Pokemon that can Mega Evolve on the field, selecting it with one will cause the option to gray out for the other(s) that turn unless you change the first Pokemon's move.

Regarding Ion Deluge, if you have a Pokemon use the move, is it possible for a Lightningrod user to absorb Normal type status moves like Encore, Swagger, and Glare due to them being transformed into the Electric type?
i tested the moves swagger, confide, tickle, attract, encore, and sing. lightning rod redirected all of them to the ability holder and gave it a special attack boost (at least when i targeted my own allies with them, but i don't see why it would be different when your opponent uses them). they triggered motor drive as well. however, all of those moves still worked on a ground-type even when ion deluge was in effect.

EDIT: ok, lightning rod redirects your opponent's ion deluged attacks as well ("Zebstrika took the attack!" from opposing pansear's play nice meant for minccino).

Last edited:
Adding this incase anyone was wondering, but Stance Change works while Asleep. Here's what happened:
-Sleeping Aegislah-
Aegislash used a move, turned into Blade forme
-still asleep-

This then happened when it used King's Shield while asleep.

Does Gale Wings affect Hidden Power Flying?
no :( my dreams of tracing gale wings from talonflame with megazam and revenging it with hp flying are destroyed...

if a symbiosis pokemon triggers its ally's red card, it will transfer its item to the ally before red card switches it out.

also, 8x weaknesses are possible with forest's curse. a cursed durant with 55 special defense took 104 damage from a lv 16 charmander's fire blast with 28 special attack. it would have done 48-60 damage if it was only a 4x weakness.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Although the question to this answer is a no-brainer, it hasn't been confirmed yet so here it goes: Does Iron Fist boost Power Up Punch?

When Klefki uses Crafty Shield, does it go before or after Fake Out?

Tested in Le Nah with Espurr and Klefki, Crafty Shield goes before a faster Fake Out. Sounds useful.

Does Facade ignore the Attack drop from Burn?
using a volcarona with will o wisp and toxic alongside a facade altaria, these are the results I got, testing each 3 times:

when inflicted with no status, facade did 27, 28, and 30 hp.
when burned, facade did 52, 53 and 58 hp.
when badly poisoned, facade did 58, 54, and 53 hp.

I can conclude that facade does ignore the attack drop from burn (I don't think it did that in 5th Gen oO idk maybe I'm wrong)

Does anyone know what happens if a Pokemon mega-evolves and uses pursuit (Houndoom, Tyranitar, Banette, Absol, Heracross, Scizor, Aerodactyl) as a Pokemon retreats from battle? Does the Pokemon mega-evolve then go or go then mega-evolve?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what happens if a Pokemon mega-evolves and uses pursuit (Houndoom, Tyranitar, Banette, Absol, Heracross, Scizor, Aerodactyl) as a Pokemon retreats from battle? Does the Pokemon mega-evolve then go or go then mega-evolve?
this was tested previously. The Pokemon is given the command to switch out, then the mega evolution happens, then the switching Pokemon is hit by pursuit before it switches.

Are Stomp, Steamroller, Body Slam, Flying Press, Dragon Rush and Phantom Force confirmed to have perfect accuracy and double power against targets with Minimize?

I've seen that mentioned above, but nothing apparently definitive.

The move Curse will change into its self-damaging DoT ghost counterpart when used by a Pokemon that has had Trick-Or-Treat used against it.
Does Trick-Or-Treat give the target's ghost moves STAB bonus?

The move Curse will change into its self-damaging DoT ghost counterpart when used by a Pokemon that has had Trick-Or-Treat used against it.
Does Trick-Or-Treat give the target's ghost moves STAB bonus?
If it turns it into a ghost for the sake of type effectiveness and curse, is there any reason to think it wouldn't it get stab...?

Are Stomp, Steamroller, Body Slam, Flying Press, Dragon Rush and Phantom Force confirmed to have perfect accuracy and double power against targets with Minimize?

I've seen that mentioned above, but nothing apparently definitive.
I just faced a Salamence in the Battle Maison that did about ~30% to my +6 Evasion full health Minimized Chansey with Brick Break and KOed with Dragon Rush immediately after that (without a crit, gem, boost or something like that), which would be impossible if the power didn't increase. I can't confirm for sure that the power doubles and that it's a guaranteed hit, but it seems legit to me.

252 Atk Salamence Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 114-136 (31.9 - 38%) -- 94% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Salamence Dragon Rush vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 114-135 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 91.9% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Salamence Dragon Rush (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 226-267 (63.3 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So with doubled base power, a 2HKO would be possible, even with Jolly (I'm not sure which nature and item that Salamence had).

Regarding the other moves I don't have any experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)